Moose Industries

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by WMoose, Jan 25, 2014.

1. WMoose

WMoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Welcome, Everyone!

Ahoy good folks of the Starbound Universe. I will be your cosmic Moose Guide today.

If you are tired of dredging through the forums looking for friends or like minded individuals to play with in Starbound, you have finally found your destination.

Previously, there was to be a great server with a lot of potential that you may have seen or heard of, the Age of Aquarius 18+ server that would be operated by Deepclaw.

Things happened and Deepclaw hasn't been seen in a while, so I have made this thread for refugees of that lost dream, for greatness and enjoyment.

===============================================================================================================================================================

This thread will be the host to you folks that are looking for some great people to play with, whether it's casual or hardcore, if you want to build or explore, or just goof off and box monsters in with random explosives.

MEET NEW PEOPLE!

SEE NEW THINGS!

CONGLOMERATE FOR GREATNESS!

BUT HOW DOES IT WORK?
    Very simply, actually.

When you're adventuring in the universe, in your own special corner, things can become bland and feel like something is missing. The game is a wonderful tool that lets you get to know people in an informal setting where anything can happen. That, friends, is Magic.

With this thread, I hope to encourage all visitors to take a moment to add to it, so that more people will come together. Doing so is very simple.

Step 1: Introduction
    Introduce yourself!

Step 2: Invitation
    State what you are trying to do, and be invitational to your needs! People wanting to join you can easily send you an private message on the forum. Update your post with the last date that you modified it so people can easily see when it is updated!

Step 3: Upkeep
    Track your post like its very own thread, and keep it updated! No need for multiple posts. :) This keeps the thread from being a 100 page long mess!

Step 4: Enjoyment
    If you followed the previous steps, there is a fair chance you are having a great time, and so are others that have visited.

If you have Suggestions, I LOVE constructive criticism. Don't be shy, send me a PM.

Any other questions can be directed to me or Wyldefyres.

Go forth and discover happiness!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    ___MeRliN___ likes this.
  2. WMoose

[ Moose Mini-Thread ] (02/03/14)

Greetings everyone, I am Moose, also known as Moosemoose.

Currently working in Beta Sector, and I have a veritable sized stash of goods, a giant greenhouse, a FTL shrine, and numerous other goods. I've gotten lucky with finding villages on every world I've visited so far, and the loot is coming in. I am still looking for people to multiplay with, just PM me!

I do own my own Ventrilo Server as well, so if you're into that sort of thing, it could be used for gameplay.

My thanks and appreciation. :)

[+] Currently Looking for People to Play Starbound With[+]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  3. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

This seems a good concept:

Hello everyone, I am Merlin and I am a relativly busy person at the moment,

I am at the moment busy with waiting for the next damn update (the delays are turning into Valve like delays, thats nothing good) for the final wipe so I can actually play again. By play I mean get the gear of my main character in about 1 hour and half back so I can continue with the point where I stopped.

When its finally out (which might be when the universe falls to enthropy, the end of all time) I am going to as already said get as fast as possible my gear back. I wont grind much on superior brains, therefor I set the drop chance to 100% temporary. Once I am done I might look into multiplayer. Either hopping on random servers and finding people who said that the Sector X forced PvP concept is good (and show them in a very special way that it isnt) or actually playing and maybe "RPing" and building with other peoples.

I need to say that I wrote an extensiv application for the 18+ server, clicked on submit application and never received an answer. No rejection or confirmation. Nothing.
    I can provide the application if someone for whatever reason does not believe me.

As for now we will see arround forums I guess

-___MeRliN___

WMoose likes this.
  4. WyldeFyres

WyldeFyres Scruffy Nerf-Herder

^Basically my plans are the same as these two chaps, so let me know if you someone to reign in the Moose on your server.

WMoose likes this.
  5. M-Bot 3000

M-Bot 3000 Zero Gravity Genie

I'm still here!

I indeed am M-Bot 3000, and like all of you I am waiting for the next update, but not because I'm mourning the loss of my character, oh no.

Because, uh, that sorta already happened.

3000b blew himself up. It's a long story. :seriously:

3000c's startup processes are currently being activated, so he'll be ready by the time the Wipe rolls around. After that, I'll be going around doing my thing and getting all my stuff (oh god the endless search for instruments begins anew :cry:). I'll probably find a grassland planet again and settle down before heading off to whatever servers I find enjoyable. Maybe I'll do some experimenting with that Sector X pvp that's rumored to be coming. After that... well, who knows! Let me know if you guys find a good server for us to migrate too, of course.

WMoose likes this.
  6. WMoose

Welcome back Gents. :)

7. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Currently fighting those brats on the twitch here ranting at bartwe, you guys may wanna join if you are reading this :)

WMoose likes this.
  8. TuefelHundenIV

TuefelHundenIV Cosmic Narwhal

Hello again folks. Moose and Wylde.

I am TuefelHundenIV you can call me Tuefel for short (Too Full).

I want to just have a place to play with others in cooperation. Maybe work on some grand building projects together. Build a city on a planet surface.

In general cause friendly havoc with others.

WMoose likes this.
  9. Chrono Crow

Chrono Crow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow this is almost as great as finding out that there's a town called Moosefactory (which I assure you, exists). How can I not try it!

Greetings extra-terrestrials, celestials, or otherwise planet-bound sentient beings! I am Corva. I am looking for like-minded company whose pastimes do not revolve around genocide and arson. I have had the itch to play in-character for a while (semi-RP or avoiding breaking the 'fourth wall' at least) and love writing logs about particularly great coordinates or adventures. I love building, hate mining, but I believe there is fun to be had in any activity with the right people by one's side. "OMG hi" :mwahaha::ssssssssss: "Thisss can only go well."

Correspondence by PM or other (as long as it gets my attention) appreciated. Of course, I will be waiting for the character wipe. Looking forward to hunting down those instruments again, eh?

-edit: Also, I am unsure what Deepclaw is... does it matter that I have no idea what it is?

WMoose likes this.
  10. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Alright got the patch, ETA till I got Impervium Gear: 1 Hour 10 minutes.

If you guys want we can play later on together ^^

11. wacky

wacky Phantasmal Quasar

Hey all.

My names Wacky, also previously known as Thorn on Deepclaws server.
    I'd been waiting for the server to go back online, but seeing as that doesn't look likely, guess I'll stick around here for a bit.
    Looking forward to playing with you guys again.

WMoose likes this.
  12. WMoose

Patch is live folks!

13. TuefelHundenIV

So I see. And a hotfix as well.

14. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Patch is life and my main character is fully geared up (well atleast the essentials). So I would love some loot running on the weekend if some of you would like to :)

Or also trading items for others. I would like to have an rare/uncommon pulse rifle and collecting RARE powerfull plasmarifles or any weapon with exploding bullets. Oh and maybe a roller grenade launcher (the one shooting nailed balls out which roll on the ground and explode).

Having rare instruments and miscs atm and want to trade those "precious" items away ^^

15. WMoose

With the live Patch, looking for more people to post!

16. TuefelHundenIV

I have been playing with a few mods.

17. WMoose

Bumping the thread. I'll eventually have a mod delete unnecessary posts so that all you see is players looking for group. :)

18. TuefelHundenIV

Have they stabilized the MP issues I keep hearing about? The wife and I haven't been able to get a Mp game going because of trouble getting the server to work for a LAN much less connecting to others since this latest patch.

19. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Bluescreening when attempting to launch a multiplayer server, so if someone wants to play with me (in case somebody really wants to) we either have to use a third party server or your server, sorry I bluescreen each time I attempt to launch a server

20. WMoose

My brother and I had gotten his Multiplayer to work but it's too laggy to really enjoy.

Not sure what the deal is with the Bluescreen, it will probably be a hotfix. I recommend visiting their support section and posting your specs and the problem so they can pinpoint it.