WIP Monster Valley - New Character Portraits! - Updated 4/7

Discussion in 'Mods' started by JinxMinx, Apr 1, 2016.

?

What should Abigail be? ( design previews at bottom of first post! )

Poll closed Apr 7, 2016.
  1. Arachne

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Troll

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Dragon

27 vote(s)
    58.7%
  1. JinxMinx

JinxMinx Aquatic Astronaut

There are some things I'd like to add to this mod further on, to make it a more complete monster-y world. These are just notes and ideas for myself as well as letting people know things to come (and if anyone else wants to create them, feel free!):

Monster babies. Just a bunch of different edits for the child sprites of all kinds of different monster types or features. I'd love to make a good variety and perhaps make a mystery download box, which would basically be packed with different edits and no way to tell whats what. Then you get to choose one girlchild.xnb and one boychild.xnb, add them to your game, and see what you get.

Player Character Monster Features.
    I'd like to give people the option to make their own monster farmer to fit in with the town. This would include some horn hat replacers, accessories like extra eyes, pointy and animal like ears, odd skin tones, perhaps even find a way to add tails or wings.

Monster Livestock. For me personally it just seems a little weird to have a bunch of monster people running around and then just have regular cows and chickens. So I might try to design more monster-y or mythical looking animals into the game.

Map editing. This is the one I'm least likely to take on myself, but basically editing and adding some stuff to the map to make it a little more personalized for the people living there. Like dog treats in Shane's room or a poster of a moon, plants overgrown in Leah's house, stuff like that.

Cemo, Ribbonain, Efa43 and 2 others like this.
    • needles

needles Master Chief

This is the concept for Demon Seb's room I've been working on. Actually implementing it has been a pain without overwriting existing tiles. I'm working on it.

[​IMG]

Medicell, Cemo, farmvillesux and 6 others like this.
      • thechickenmoo

thechickenmoo Space Spelunker

that looks awesome !!!

• SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Wow, nice!

• redeemer6666

redeemer6666 Void-Bound Voyager

Haha this is excellent!

Such an awesome and unique idea :)

• Boba Brett

Boba Brett Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
              farmvillesux likes this.
            • Dillweed

Dillweed Void-Bound Voyager

I think it be cute if you made Sandy a mermaid and Elliot a Nix or Kelpie rather than a Merman since he'll be wandering around. Or a Seamonster? With like seaweed hair? Morris could maybe be a living doll? He kinda looks like a Ventriloquist dummy...

Min_94 likes this.
              • bluepercy

bluepercy Big Damn Hero

First off, I love this.

Second, re: your proposed ideas, I think that there isn't really much of a functional difference between "patchwork person" and "frankenstein."

Third, I heartily support Haley as a gorgon. Also, Emily as a harpy, because I feel like there should be at least one harpy.

• JinxMinx

This Mod has not been abondoned!

I have been on and off working on some of the designs and sprites and such. Unfortunately, for the past few weeks, I have been working one hour shy of fulltime at my part time job. So I do not have a lot of free time and what time I do have, I have been exhausted. I'm trying not to rush myself and burn out on this, though. I hope to have a batch of new characters up soon!

• JinxMinx

This is amazing!!

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

This is an awesome idea, kudos to you!

• needles

needles Master Chief

[​IMG]

It's in game! I will be working more on this now that I know what I'm doing (thanks QuantumConcious!). I want to improve the tiles I have already created (make the sigil a little easier on the eyes for one) and am open for suggestions on how this could be improved further.

(Although if you do have suggestions, just PM me rather than posting here. I don't want to clog up this thread with my stuff.)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
                        • Efa43

Efa43 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome! I would love to see these all happen!

• Red_Rose

Red_Rose Phantasmal Quasar

This reminds me of Disgaea and something from Shin Megami Tensei?

They look cool you did a good job on them keep up the good work.

farmvillesux likes this.
                            • elenorasweet

elenorasweet Seal Broken

These are beautiful, just beautiful! I'm especially excited for the ragdoll Maru! :D

• Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

werewolf SO fits shane, how cute! I adore his tail <3

will you be finishing his portraits(blush and ect) when he's released as bachelor?

• valhallarie

valhallarie Space Hobo

I looove this! I'm so excited for when it's finished and I can be a monstergirl and woo everyone. :nuruhappy:

• staypuft1983

staypuft1983 Yeah, You!

What about a all halloween themed Mod like make it like halloween town.

• Deadcoffee

Deadcoffee Void-Bound Voyager

Perfection! :DD

:confirm: It doesn't have to change their personalities (like with mods where characters are replaced with others [crossovers etc])
                                      :confirm:MONSTERS
                                      :confirm:MONSTERS
                                      <3MONSTERS

Can't wait for the rest! Awesome job! Keep it up!!

• SterlingLuster

SterlingLuster Void-Bound Voyager

Are these still in production?! Demon Seb is beautiful