1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Monster Girl Universe 0.3.0 [Glad Giraffe]

A race mod for various monster girls. Be wary of NSFW content.

1. wobbiso

wobbiso Orbital Explorer

I'm in the same boat as Elena, the user above this post. With or without the increased races mod, the game crashes after the chuckfish opening scene.

2. Kiyo Haribusa

Kiyo Haribusa Void-Bound Voyager

hey the new workshop on steam is up and this mod needs to be updated for the new 1.0
    --- Post updated ---
    hey the new workshop on steam is up and this mod needs to be updated for the new 1.0

3. wobbiso

wobbiso Orbital Explorer

@tendrille I don't know if you still play this game or not, but if you're reading this, is it possible that you could give a quick update to this outdated mod predicament? Are you not yet able to find the bug? Or maybe you can't really put in any more time for your mod? (which is always understandable; the community will get it) I check this page regularly for an update; please send a quick reply regarding the scenario.

4. Ebony_Ishimaru

Ebony_Ishimaru Orbital Explorer

5. Asara Dreemurr

Asara Dreemurr Void-Bound Voyager

This mod still hasn't been updated to Cheerful Giraffe 1.0, just wait till this mod updates.

6. MrMeowMeow!

MrMeowMeow! Void-Bound Voyager

So, is it dead? I really enjoyed the mod, and would love to see an update.

7. Guilmonex

Guilmonex Phantasmal Quasar

Please update the mod. Anyone contact with the author?

8. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Curious why this doesn't have an "outdated" tag. At least one person's review says it crashes, but I'm curious to check this myself, for the heck of it.
    EDIT: Yep, crashes when trying to load after the Chucklefish logo.

...and it sounds like people should try to at least get in contact with the creator, yes. tendrille's last post in this thread was on May 14, though according to their profile, they were last seen July 30.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  9. Kingkamula

Kingkamula Orbital Explorer

This mod makes my game crash is there a way to fix this because I really want to use this race

10. XelSlime

...Hm...

I know what the mod permissions say right now, but do you think tendrille would be alright with someone at least tweaking the mod to be usable with 1.0, 'til they come back? I don't know how to do it though. Someone else will have to fix it.

11. Antyrus

Antyrus Pangalactic Porcupine

The other day I came across this, and I was curious to see If I could get it running. For the most part I was met with success, and it's definitely functional, but there are still some bugs to iron out. If somebody can get the author's approval, I can post a download link here to what I have.

12. Kingkamula

Kingkamula Orbital Explorer

I hope you can

13. XelSlime

I suppose the rules are the rules, hm, Antyrus? I was sorta wondering if tendrille would mind if all someone did was update the mod to be usable again. I know a few people who'd love to be able to use this.

14. wobbiso

wobbiso Orbital Explorer

I, for one, still have this page 'favourited', awaiting response.

15. Guilmonex

Guilmonex Phantasmal Quasar

Me too, still waiting for any response. At least someone makes the race usable, even without clothing and armors is okay for me.

16. XelSlime

This's getting kinda sad... but on the plus side, slime, zombie, lamia and arachne mods are out to add to the pile, plus there's the neko and "Callistan" races which fit in, too. Just need someone to make their own version of a succubus/incubus mod next since it looks like tendrille might not be coming back any time soon.

I wonder what's keeping them away.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  17. XelSlime

Alright, that's probably long enough to say tendrille's not returning. Anyone up for making some substitute demons? The world'll love ya for it, especially Monster Musume fans I bet, and there's a lot of 'em. You can use DrPvtSkittles' Template Race Mod as a base.

Try to ensure it's at least a little different from the succubus/incubus sprites in this mod, however. Even if tendrille may never return, "you must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod", as the page says.

Also if you wanna apply gravity to the succubi, perhaps you can base the sprites off the female human spritesheet in Frackin' Universe.

18. XelSlime

Another month passes by...

I'd consider doing up a substitute demon (or is it devil?) race mod to make up for the lack of succubi people're probably wanting to play, but I'm a bit too stuck on slimes to get into much else. I'm even neglecting my own zombie race mod.

If anyone else's interested in this stuff, now's as good a time as any to start experimenting with DrPvtSkittles' template race mod. It's what got me started.

19. CrepeMuse

CrepeMuse Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*Cracks knuckles* I guess I'll try something. Maybe have something basic in a few days that'll be worth sharing. I suck at spriting, but it would be great to see a functional Succubus race again.

20. XelSlime

Eh, lots of people say they suck at things, but they still end up doing pretty awesome. I can't remember if Antyrus or Hieru were saying they weren't the best spriters, but both of them having been doing excellent work.

Just do your best, and maybe show off a bit of your work from time to time so we can see just how "sucky" it supposedly is. I'm sure you'll be fine.