Modding Discussion Mod's you'd like to see?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Nordaadder, May 13, 2015.

1. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Another idea: A Mod Item that crafts from Colony Deeds into a sort of Colony Deed 2.0 that ya can then Wire all of these from All Houses to a 'Master Collection Bin' or some such that ya Click & it sends a signal to all Ready to Pay Tenants so they come to the Colony Deed 2.0 & stick their Rent into it which then auto-transfers to the 'Master Collection Bin' with big Inventory Space then ya can get all your 100+ House's worth of Rent from one single place with one single click instead of needing to run around 100+ Houses to collect it.

sleepy123 likes this.
  2. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

But, like, in the same vein as how Tintic's sprites rotate around while they move... would one be able to replicate that? Would one be able to... rotate the screen? Is that impossible?

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Maybe there'd be a way to screw with the Camera Controls the Game Code uses to achieve the effect?

4. Valkeir

Valkeir Void-Bound Voyager

I can see why you'd want that but honestly I wouldn't do it, I bet you someone would forget they happen to be upside down and jump or try to activate the gravity boots if the camera inverted.

5. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

Any tech that works like the one in 4:55 would be pretty neat, if it isn't already in-game.

1: It makes you jump slightly higher.
    2: If there is a ceiling, it detects it and makes you walk on it.

[​IMG]

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Want to see back this one too :

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/more-farming-mfm.3149/

ATM when picking up the new farmables on the planets, exception error happens ( kicks back to the main menu after the error log ) since it's not updated for V1.0.

Combined with " Yes Chef ! " mod ( even that one needs an 1.0 Update ) it boost up the farmables and the cooking recipes

Maybe as said in the mod discussion thread, would be cool to have it integrated in Frackin' Universe

7. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

I'd like to see a mod that alters your animation depending on the status effect inflicted upon you.

It DOESN'T need to be that much of a heavy burden for the modder. Just allowing these new animations to be easily implemented would be enough, as we could simply edit the animations ourselves.

Also, Death animations based on whatever kills you or at least a decent ragdoll anim on death.

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. esclavealiberte

esclavealiberte Yeah, You!

I know that I am probably in the minority on this subject, but I would like to see a mod that allows the text size in the game to be changed (and/or the front type as well)..menus, tooltips, SAIL text, etc.

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. l4ng4m

l4ng4m Orbital Explorer

a mount. i like to ride a weird brd monstr ehehe. also more clothes and more headgears or costumes ehehehe pls

sleepy123 likes this.
  10. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

A Nyan Cat Styled Space Warp (i.e. like in the video).

11. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd love to see a mod that adds in all the Terraria wings as vanity. (And have them all be animated, like those Avian god wings. I find un-animated wings, functional or not, to be very boring and disappointing.

I'd also love to see a mod that adds in the wings seen in this piece of fanart: (undertale spoilers) http://jelepeno123.deviantart.com/art/Chara-617100993

As vanity, of course. I love the concept of "glitchy-wings".

12. Omega_Flowely

Omega_Flowely Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have here the idea:
    Is it possible to implement a modification that takes armor, weapons and even some items from the game Bloodborne (+ DLS). The idea is to add:
    - Weapons,example: Saw Cleaver (of transformation) Rakuyo, Hunter Pistol and other ...
    - Armor Sets: Set hunter, set dolls, Mariya huntress Seth, Seth Herman etc ...
    - Objects: Workshop hunters (for crafting)
    Something in this spirit, looks like not a bad idea, as anyone likes.

sleepy123 likes this.
  13. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

There WAS such a mod. It even allowed you to morph into different species. (second half of the video has the content you're looking for)

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

The Full Control to Have Any Weather on Any Planet Biome at Will! X'D

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

I'd also like a mod for madmen that allows you to start on a random planet.
    The problem would be reaching the outpost with your broken ship.

Speaking of which... there WAS a mod to land your ship. Where did it go?

Omega_Flowely likes this.
  16. l4ng4m

l4ng4m Orbital Explorer

mistermister is this updated? can i use it on 1.0 eheeh

17. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Another idea: A Monster Creation Station where we could use stuff like Flesh Strands, Bio Samples, & such to Create a Custom Monster with Customized Abilities, Parts Choice, & such! :nuruevil:

Example: I spend a high number of Flesh Strands & Bio Samples to Craft the Monster & pick the Dragon Body Parts, Dragon Wings which then turns it into a Flying Monster, then stick some Static Cells into the Creation to Imbue it with Lightning Breath for its Special Ability, then stick MORE Static Cells into it to grant it Electric Damage Immunity, then stick a couple more Static Cells into it to Imbue my Monster with a permanent uncurable Affliction of the Electrified Status, then Craft him! After a time he gets done & then i'd stick an empty Capture Ball into the Station, load him up, walaa! Mad Starbound Science! My very own Flying Lightning Breathing Dragon that also zaps all foes near it passively! Now for the Collar! :mwahaha:

18. @ndy

@ndy Subatomic Cosmonaut

i already got Yoshino (rewrite) in character creation and that was in vanilla game,
    so that leaves Frackin universe, that mod is slowly interperting everything within month of what can think of (and dont even have to say it)
    but lets see, i woul like to see story moded, right now its missing an you have whole galaxy so it could really expand...
    oh, i know is there a mod that changes destination of ancient gateways? i would like to have them be something like 2-3higher tiers (as your current one) labyrinths with sufficient rewar at the end rather than all leading to teleshop....

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. Ledhead

Ledhead Phantasmal Quasar

Sex, and race breeding to breed cute little babies that grow up into new npcs and expand the colonys you build over time due to population expansion. Also npcs who learn to build their own damn colonys with the materials found around them.

Kinsem and l4ng4m like this.
  20. Debaubau

Debaubau Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd love to see a Phantasy Star/ Phantasy Star Online/Universe mod. I feel like the two would mesh well. I just started reading up on modding, but if someone with modding experience would like to tackle this with me, I'd appreciate the partnership! :)

Axe Garian likes this.