Modding Discussion Mod's you'd like to see?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Nordaadder, May 13, 2015.

1. evendel

evendel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not a mod per se, but a utility that eases the creation of ship blocks.png files would be nice. And something to help line up the things added in a blocks.png and your actual ship image. Or more in line with the mod idea, someone to update and create an 8 Tier version of the ECCA 832 Survey Explorer Ship mod. I loved the way that ship looked and I can't seem to get it to work at the moment.

2. lornlynx

lornlynx Cosmic Narwhal

This topic should be stickied I think!

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. xXx_Memegod_xXx

xXx_Memegod_xXx Orbital Explorer

A major quest with bosses, dungeons, and a whole separate story to the main game.

It seems to be entirely possible, however, I haven't seen any mods that add new bosses yet, so that should happen first.

Not only that, but there will definitely be complications when it comes to planing this sort of thing.

tomssuli and Axe Garian like this.
  4. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

All I want right now is ability to place ores into soil. I was going to make an Erchius Ghost race, and for that you gotta destroy some erchius crystals. It's... hard to do when you can't even place some crystals in player's way to activate the ghost.

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

One Mod that is REALLY needed and want to see :

- Traps : craftable / placeable stuff, same for the other thingies found in the jumping puzzles ( laser , platforms , etc etc )

With those craftable traps, we can create our custom Jumping Puzzles or takeshi castle style puzzles ( similar to the CS:S mod ) where players can activate them to stop the enemies to reach the goal , protect our chests, etc etc

qualiyah and Axe Garian like this.
  6. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I miss being able to loot Tesla Spikes. :(

Also, I wish I could use those Electric Doors. :D

Psygnosis likes this.
  7. samuel9900

samuel9900 Void-Bound Voyager

TANKS! JEEPS! MILITARY STUFF!

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

9. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

10. Mobius58

Mobius58 Void-Bound Voyager

I guess a mod that disables crew uniforms, because they look terrible with custom races

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Also, ability to Uniform Guys & Gals separately. (Can't remember if i've already Suggested this before or not... if so, my apologies... but seriously, why didn't this make it into the Base Game by default?)

Heck, maybe even Separate Uniforms for different Gender & Race at the same time!

12. jerrycraft2000

jerrycraft2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A simple silly thing. the coffee liquid back.

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I had forgotten about this Mod from before my Hiatus from this Game before Full Release... This Mod Updated or Integrated into Vanilla would be epic! Though the latter is unlikely lest the Final Fantasy Devs's Lawyers attack the Starbound Devs...

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/chocobo-mounts.74424/

Kweh! :love:

14. Thyl

Thyl Intergalactic Tourist

15. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Ahh, thought of another possible Mod: To be able to change the Alt Function that Highlights clickable stuff so that instead of having to hold the Button down, instead it acted like an On/Off Toggle. :)

Also, Lightning Planets with Threat Level Inconceivable for Max Rent! Frequent Lightning Storms, Electified Water, (Literal Item including with possible Crafting Use & the Lightning Planet having a Lightning Water Ocean for infinite of it.) Lightning Chests that could hold Blueprints for Lightning Themed stuff, including but not limited to Electrical Barrier doors, Stick of RAM, & such... & for its 'Impenetrable Core', aka this Planet's equivalent of Core Lava/Bedrock/etc., perhaps a Ginormous Hunk of Impenetrable Electromagnetic Rock/Crystal? Possible Racial Colonies that could Spawn here would be Apex & Glitch Stuff. A Magnetism-Themed Mini-Biome would be cool as well. Both Sizes of Voltips & Machine Monsters would be welcome in the Planet's Population Table too along with the RNG dudes. :up:

Why should Fire & Ice get all the Elemental Fun? (Not sure if Poison counts as an 'Element' in this game or not... :unsure:) Some of us like Lightning & Electricity too!

Edit: Also, if there isn't one already, a Starbound ABC Music File for Crystal Battle 1 would rock! :DD

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  16. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

@Anyone who knows enough about JSON and modding:

How possible would it be to make the player character able to crawl around blocks the same way as the Mechanical Crawler or the Tintic?

And, if so, how possible would it be to rotate the screen to match the player?

17. Imperitus

Imperitus Aquatic Astronaut

Dialogue options would be interesting, More unique biome generation (especially underground biomes) rather than how they're mostly just caves with different blocks, what I mean by that is sort of how in terraria the corruption biome would generate with a bunch of deep crevices. I'd like all ore spawns decreased and more unique drops and items to make exploring more interesting, stores having their inventory randomized daily, more items in stores that are worth spending pixels on, more unique and interesting tech, more dungeons and dungeon variety are always great, more crew member functions, attacks on colonies and finally a RPG mod.

Axe Garian likes this.
  18. Rogo

Rogo Space Hobo

For #1: I actually have something like this planned: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/trade-colonies.122716/#post-3000370

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

That reminds me... it drives me nuts when my damn Crew Members all Dog Pile onto the top of my Ship Storage Locker or other such thing I wanna Access but can't cause they're blocking my ability to Click it & I can't do shit about it... any Mod that could give the Player the power to do something about that situation, whether it be yelling them away, ("MOVE DAMMIT!!! :mad:) kicking them out of the way, etc. would be a welcome addition!

Imperitus and qualiyah like this.
  20. Xary

Xary Big Damn Hero

A shincolle mod for starbound.....minecraft's is good but I'd LOVE to see it in starbound where dealing with water isn't a complete utter chore...

Plus there's potential what with crafting time and all
    (though the inability to leave while something is crafting may prove a problem)....