Modding Discussion Mod's you'd like to see?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Nordaadder, May 13, 2015.

1. djgianluca

djgianluca Space Hobo

make a one piece/naruto/bleach mod pls

2. MrDuck

MrDuck Void-Bound Voyager

I'd like to see grind boots for skyrails, maybe even implemented into armor somehow. I would make it but I don't even know where to start with modding lol

3. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

I would like to see the mod that allowed you to build your ship remade/added again.

4. Fireyman56

Fireyman56 Void-Bound Voyager

I would like to see a "instrument player" mod. You would place up to 10 instruments into it, then tell each one what song to play, and it would play it in unison. Iv'e always wanted to see what wonderlust battle sounds like when you have all of the pieces playing all together, but I have no friends...

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd also love to see the blink tech again, the rocket boots (even though I back then in beta modded them to look like the grav bubble because the boots were more like rocket farts) and Terraria's Ivy Whip as head tech.
    The latter would be awesome for builders because for once you'd have your hands free to use the MM and other stuff.

6. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

I agree with all of this. Pets need to be more worth it.

tomssuli and Axe Garian like this.
  7. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I want 2-Handed Axes back! :cry:

8. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

A mod that makes "zero-g" (i.e. asteroid field) environments make sense.

What comes to mind is the Gravitation Potion from Terraria and the jumping mechanic in VVVVVV.

[​IMG]

A flipping of gravity (and the screen!) whenever the player jumps would be an interesting, disorienting experiment. Kind of like Dead Space's zero-g?

90-degree angle turns would be cool, too.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Axe Garian likes this.
  9. Buttouchington

Buttouchington Void-Bound Voyager

I'd really like to see a mod that allows you to capture all the critters. I don't want to have more, I just want to be able to collect them all (the birds and the fishies) I wanna build an aquarium and an aviary :D!
    Also would love to see a mod that maybe allows me to create/collect some of the larger plants I see on the planet? Maybe I will look into developing that one!

Fireyman56 and Axe Garian like this.
  10. JaydoDre

JaydoDre Intergalactic Tourist

Sleeping speeds up time, please.

11. tigar tar

tigar tar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What id love to see is a mod that works only on your ship

What it does is gives any and all of your crafting devices(including yourself) access to any stored materials in any container in your ship(and your ship only) so that you dont have to run back and forth between those 50 lockers and that 1 crafting table anymore

qualiyah and Axe Garian like this.
  12. Vinill

Vinill Orbital Explorer

Wings that actually let you fly would be cool. Nothing too powerful at first, but they could be upgraded or have different types.
    Or maybe there are functional wings I haven't found yet.

13. Fireyman56

Fireyman56 Void-Bound Voyager

I agree, and I was thinking about making something like that as my first mod, but you could capture anything, so your pet erchius horror could get in on the fight.

14. enamoredsquid

enamoredsquid Big Damn Hero

A mod that shows the colony tags within the item tooltip, similar to how some of the food and weapons stats mods work.

15. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

I would like to see a mod who bring back racial weapon http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/about-old-racial-weapon.119865/ (drop or craft)

And why not some other item back , like for example the old copper (or rusty ?) glitch crown. (i've search in unpacked file for recolor it but i dont find it :/)

And also see back coffee (liquid) and why not Alien juice too.

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. xsydney

xsydney Void-Bound Voyager

I would love to see a hair physics mod! It would act like a cape, and you would get to see your hair move when you would jump, run, etc

Axe Garian likes this.
  17. Star Platinum

Star Platinum Space Spelunker

i would really appreciate a character editor because i forgot to backup my files before installing frackin' universe x_x

18. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

An be able to combine Augment , for finish with a all-in-one , i've already a mod with a omni module doing that , but it dont have heat/cold and others protection so i cant use it except on gentle planet (so i dont use it)

19. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I just thought of another one: A Mod to be able to Equip your Pet with something that can then hold a Weapon so the pet can shoot slacker Crew Members not doing Job Performance up to snuff... for example, Pig Pet for Glitch could have a Vest with a Rocket Launcher on top to shove Rockets up the you-know-what if they're caught slackin on the job... let alone if any Crew Members are ever caught being Saboteurs/Spies... :p

Other ideas is a Floran Snake Pet equipped with a Mechanism that can whip Crew Members into shape with a large number of Barbed Wire Tentacles, the Human Cat Pet wearing what would look like a Visor that could shoot a X-Men Cyclops-like Beam, & whatever else can be imagined. :)

xsydney likes this.
  20. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

I'd like a mod that introduces the sticky plasma pistols back into the game. Or at least, I'd like to be able to spawn them again. Those were my favorite. :( Now we just get these lame elemental pistols instead.