Modding Help Mods across shared game?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by jackalloops, Feb 15, 2017.

1. jackalloops

jackalloops Aquatic Astronaut

Hi I hope this is the right place to ask.

I was hoping to possibly have a bit of help on an issue my boyfriend and I are encountering. Between us, we only have one copy of Stardew Valley but thanks to Steam's library sharing he's able to play from my library. We were just browsing mods together and when he went to install one learned that his Stardew Valley folder is lacking a Mods subfolder:

[​IMG]

We were hoping to see if anyone else shares the game the way we do, and if so, if there's a way he can get some of the fun stuff people have created here. c: Our first thought, obviously, was to just make a Mods folder, but rather than risk messing stuff up going in blind I figured I'd see if someone more experienced could offer a hand.

• Yoseiri

Yoseiri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are you new to Stardew Valley? If you are then I can explain you some stuff about installing mods

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

You don't have a mods folder because SMAPI isn't installed, you can go here to learn how to do that (Just making a mods folder wont do anything because there's nothing to run it) :nuruhappy: Sharing a steam game doesn't set up the game any different than installing a completely separate copy, so both of you need to have it installed.