Modding Help Modifying Tile Protection Properties

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Fruiteyes, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Fruiteyes

Fruiteyes Phantasmal Quasar

Is it possible to modify how tile protection works? Specifically, I want to enable liquid spawning in tile protected areas. Is there a file in the assets that I can modify in order to allow this?

2. Mirau

Mirau Pangalactic Porcupine

As long as Starbound's protection is set by the game itself, then nope. Even in missions (Floran Hunt for example) all of the liquids are preloaded and "added" via opening hatches and such.

Liquid is considered adding blocks/materials in the same vein as standard blocks. If you're on a server that has a custom wrapper, then you would be able to.

3. Fruiteyes

So if I'm understanding you correctly, there is no json or lua file that defines how tile protection works, it's hard-wired into the game itself?

4. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

If that protection is set by dungeon rules, then yes, we cannot change the nature/functionality of said protection. Only enable or disable it.

5. Fruiteyes

Okay, in that case, on a regular planet, in a non-dungeon area, is it possible to change which "dungeonID" any given specific block has? I know how to view the dungeonIDs through the debug command, and for non-dungeon areas, it seems to be between 65531 and 65535. Perhaps I could use the settileprotection admin command for all blocks except the spots where I'd be spawning liquid, and give those spots a different dungeonID?

6. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Not too sure, I've never really tried such a thing.
    Though, to me, I think it would be easier to just make individual tiles/objects indestructible, and leave whatever you want modifiable.

7. Mirau

A slight workaround for this would be to use a generator. If it's placed by a player then it will only protect tiles that a player has placed.

At least, that's how it used to work. That's how I used to set tileprotection on my ship back in beta on server's I didn't have /admin access to so I could easily change things.

8. Fruiteyes

How do I make individual tiles and objects indestructible?

9. Fruiteyes

I tried that, but it seems that they spawn in an inactive state, and there is no obvious way to activate them, as the wire socket is an output, not an input

10. Mirau

You can use parameters to have the item defaultState : on.

11. Fruiteyes

I take it this is regarding the shield generator. I will try this out. But in the meantime, how do I make individual tiles and objects indestructible, as Inf_Wolf14 mentioned?

12. CatofRiddles

CatofRiddles Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm curious about this too... Tile protection messes with crops and auto collection mods.

13. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

you could make an insanely large time to break, so long the game might crash from an extremely long time running before its even visibly mining

14. Deeked

Deeked Void-Bound Voyager

I'm wondering if it's possible to make plants be able to grow on blocks with tile protection enabled. I got my ship protected for servers but now my farm stopped growing. There a way to fix that without un-protecting the ship?