Modding Discussion Modding Guides and General Modding Discussion--REDUX

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

I haven't seen him in a while. I can't imagine he'd have a problem with it, but I can't speak for him.

cure likes this.
    • cure

cure Big Damn Hero

Alright, yeah, I see in his profile his last login was earlier today but when I checked yesterday it was like Sunday o_O. So he's rather hard to get in touch with lol.

• texeganjane

texeganjane Big Damn Hero

Was this the video you used, by any chance?

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

So from what I've gathered, SMAPI is back to being the preferred mod base to use for both building and p!shiny mods, as STORM development has stalled? Sorry, just trying to get this right since it has been switching fairly often.

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Is there a way to import other maps' layers in partial or whole into another map though tIDE? I see mention of CSV support but I see no way to even approach that.

• BlazingPug

BlazingPug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there already a post somewhere that shows what in-game music/sound each .wav file is? Even just the music, not the sound.
              I really want to change the music but it's confusing me to find which music's .wav file is.
              Forgive me if someone has already posted something like this.

• Nightscaled

Nightscaled Tentacle Wrangler

Trying to edit the farm.xnb using tIDE. Unpacked it so that it's now farm.tbin and it won't open. The error message I receive...

"An error occured while opening the file. Details: unable to load tile sheet 'Paths' with image source 'C:\ etc etc etc etc etc\Stardew Valley\Unpacked\Paths.png' Inner Message: Parameter is not valid.

I'm assuming this is because Paths.png does not exist, but I'm unsure of how to fix this particular issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• BoffoBoy

You need to release paths.xbn in tilesets. Every map has a set of dependencies that bring tile assets to it so to properly display the map (e.g. farm); the error is telling you it needs a few other tile sets unpacked.

When first opening a map (provided you are not unpacking a complete contents directory) you unpack and see what the map wants via that error then unpack that file and repeat the unpacking of tile sets until it stops moaning. You can add in more tile set dependancies with tIDE if there are tiles you really want to add, but they are in another xbn. A good example would be if you wanted to replace all those ponds on the farm with the tub of water that's in the Greenhouse, that asset is hiding in towninterior.xbn

Edit less wall of text and other pedantic mandates.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
                    ThatNorthernMonkey likes this.
                  • vhdblood

vhdblood Lucky Number 13

I have started just unpacking the entire folder of xnbs, for instance all of the xnbs in the maps folder if you're working on farm.xnb, together so that the dependencies are all there. Then I just pack them up and only copy the xnbs I changed to my maps folder. Saves having to go through each error. That was driving me crazy when I first started.

Nightscaled and BoffoBoy like this.
                    • BoffoBoy

That's sane option (I'd add all of tilesheet and the root content folder as well for good measure) but I've been so focused on greenhouse with its 3 dependencies that anything longer to pack unpack would drive me up the wall.

• owlsomniac

owlsomniac Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you read 2 posts or so after this post, you'll see the issue was resolved. The post contains the solution.

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

I noticed that you can't add new accessories the way you can with shirts and hairstyles (just extending the image and adding new ones does it). You are limited to 19 accessories (the creation screen actually reads 20, with Accessory 1 being no accessory).

Using dotPeek, I found this bit of code in farmer.cs

public void changeAccessory(int which)
                          {
                          if (which < -1)
                          which = 18;
                          if (which < -1)
                          return;
                          if (which >= 19)
                          which = -1;
                          this.accessory = which;
                          }

Which looks like its the bit that limits the accessories to just 19 options. Can this be changed using a mod? I'm fumbling around reading up on SMAPI tutorials and playing inside MVS but I'm feeling overwhelmed.

• BlackLion

BlackLion Intergalactic Tourist

Hello ,

i have a little Question for a little Mod i try. Nothing special but i played a lot and this was a little problem for me because i change my farm style a lot. So , what i want to do is . Editing the CraftingRecipes.

I want to change , that i can make Gravel Paths with Stone -OR- Stone Path . So how can i do that ?

"Gravel Path: "390 1 329 1/Field/407/false/l 0" #!String"

When i Edit it so , i need Stone and Stone Path for a Gravel Path . But i would like to use only one of them not both ^^ But i dont know how i can set an OR variable ?

• Nightscaled

Nightscaled Tentacle Wrangler

Thanks for the explanation! You too, Boffoboy. :)

BoffoBoy likes this.
                              • KieuQ

KieuQ Master Chief

Any news on XNB Node? Because the latest one does some major discoloration when extracting the Cursors.xnb :(

• cure

cure Big Damn Hero

Zhuria and KieuQ like this.
                                • BoffoBoy

So I take it we can create entirely new maps and, so long as we add a warp into them (and out), they are good to go right? Think I finally finished my Greenhouse learning experience (I've said that once before) and want to tackle storage without impacting other popular mods.

Done for the day but if anyone knows offhand where the dungeon floors and walls looking tile set is hiding, letting me know would save me some time =)

Edit: I'd imagine walls and floors hehe.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
                                  • KieuQ

KieuQ Master Chief

cure likes this.
                                  • KieuQ

KieuQ Master Chief

Thread's XNB Node link should be updated. :nod:

Zhuria and cure like this.
                                    • fossilwife

fossilwife Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, I'm not sure what's up, but I downloaded the tool using the first link provided. I began to unzip it and IMMEDIATELY got hit with a malware detected notification. My explorer.exe closed out on its own, and then I got another malware notification. I canceled the unzip and now I'm running a scan of my pc... Anyone else have this happen?

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.