Modding Discussion Modding Guides and General Modding Discussion--REDUX

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Very nice guide, added. Feel free to add my github under mod sources: https://github.com/cantorsdust?tab=repositories

Yup, Content\TileSheets\Craftables.xnb. Regular near the top, rarecrows near the bottom.

• kodfod

kodfod Void-Bound Voyager

• cantorsdust

• kodfod

kodfod Void-Bound Voyager

You have it labeled as "SMAPI" when it's Storm :p

• cantorsdust

Fixed!

• Candel0ro

Candel0ro Poptop Tamer

EDIT: Figured it out idk why but the png needed to be named 'Alex..png' for it to work...

I have a question (I actually have a threat up but everyone seems to be ignoring it so I guess I'll just ask it here..)
          So I have my .yaml and my .png in a folder titled 'Unpacked' and I have the other folder labeled 'Packed'- which is empty. But when I go to the cmd.exe and type 'xnb_node.cmd pack Unpacked Packed' I get an error
          [​IMG]

I Have both the .yaml and .png file in the folder- what am I doing wrong?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
          • keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

I believe alex..png have should have only one point.

• Candel0ro

Candel0ro Poptop Tamer

Yeah I'm not writing alex..png I don't know where that is coming from?

• Karalius465

Karalius465 Void-Bound Voyager

So I have a potentially dumb question. I have never modded before and am trying to install some - just trying to test one for now. I was trying to follow this guide linked in the OP: http://imgur.com/gallery/WCfeO/ But I do not seem to have Stardew Valley.exe on my computer? I have searched and searched, but the only thing I can come up with is a Stardew Valley "Internet short cut" with my Steam games as well as my save files a bit farther down. I was wondering if there was something I'm just missing as I've never done this before? If anyone could help I'd appreciate it. ~

• keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

Stardew Valley.exe should be located here:
                  Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\

• Karalius465

Thank you! But that search turns up nothing. I am having trouble finding any Steam folder besides the one I mentioned, which I'll add a screenshot of. I've been playing the game fine so it seems odd that I wouldn't have it.[​IMG]

• Candel0ro

Candel0ro Poptop Tamer

[​IMG]
                      Should be like this^

• ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

If you right click on the Stardew Valley.exe you have there, there might be an option that says Open File Location.
                        That'll take you to the right place.

I'm not sure what version of windows you're on/when that was added.

• keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

Pretty sure this is windows7. But he is looking executable in Appdata for some reason.

• Karalius465

This worked! Thank you. I don't really know why none of my file searching worked. And keyten I wasn't looking in appdata purposefully as I knew that wouldn't work, I was trying to explain that all my searches kept taking me there with no other results I'm sorry it was unclear.

• Candel0ro

Candel0ro Poptop Tamer

Glad I could help! Now if only someone would help me with my problem lol

• namelessgrace

namelessgrace Void-Bound Voyager

So, I'm trying to extract the Dialogue files for Shane, but it refuses to "recognize the path" when I'm trying to use XNB Node through the Command Prompt. I've tried both extract the entire content folder and just the files I need and nothing works. I tried troubleshooting myself, but I can't see where I'm making any mistakes. Can someone please help me out?

[​IMG]

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

You may need to type in \Content instead of content. You tried Con and then hitting tab, correct?

• cantorsdust

Perhaps try the paths with capital letters? Also, just FYI, the dialogues in the seasonal folders (fall, etc) don't appear to be used for anything in game.

If that does not work for you, remember that you can tell xnb node to extract an entire directory, or even the whole game. You could put the file in its own easier to type directory and see if it works better for you.

An older version of XNB Node erroneously named files with two periods (alex..png). If your files were previously unpacked and named with ..png, the yaml may be referring to alex..png, only to not find it because you have renamed it.

Once you have that file packed, updating XNB Node should fix the naming problem in the future.

• Raven Quill

Raven Quill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ATM im making an anthro pony mod, editting all the human characters including the dwarf but id would help if i knew just how far i could co into the transparency without fearing it would clip off, anyone got a texture guide up for that kind of thing yet?

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.