1. Hey Guest! We've announced our new game Wargroove, check out the new forums!
    Dismiss Notice

Modding Discussion Modding Guides and General Modding Discussion--REDUX

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Mar 10, 2016.

1. AtomosomotA

AtomosomotA Starship Captain

I actually wanted to increase the costs as to make it more of a achievement to obtain. Thank you for your help Hammurabi.. I'll use your information and see what I might be able to do.. though I have very little experience with using Smapi.. If you or anyone else for that matter thinks they may know a way.. please let me know. Thank you for your time.

• vero_games

vero_games Seal Broken

Not sure if selling is hardcode but you could always lower the sell price for everything to make large items more difficult to achieve :)

• GameHo

GameHo Aquatic Astronaut

Hey, I don't know if this is the right thread to post in but I guess it's worth a try, right?
        Anyway, I need a little helpe with dialogue modding. I understand and can mod successfuly simple strings of text but I don't understand how to add multiple-option dialogue, even though I've read Alpha_Omegasis' guide. Can someone explain to me how $p and _Old files work? Also what's with the numbers ex:15/16 ??

• AtomosomotA

AtomosomotA Starship Captain

Yeah.. thats pretty much what I ended up doing.. along with raising the price of most of the other buildings as well..

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Industrial Terraformer

Now that I think about it... you probably could make it so that the option is conditional on the extra resources. I'd need to look into whether SMAPI has any events that would trigger before and after talking to Robin (I'm not sure if that counts as a menu or not), but if so, then you could temporarily overwrite the house level when opening the dialog, and reset it and (if needed) subtract the resources when the dialog closes.

If it doesn't count as a menu, and there's no other suitable events, then you could still do it with the location changed event, but it'd be very exploitable (e.g., dropping the extra resources on the floor inside the carpenter house, buying the upgrade, leaving, then reentering and picking up the items). Alternatively, you could use one of the gametick events (perhaps registered by a location changed event that checks if the player is in the carpenter house, to reduce processing time elsewhere?).