Modding Discussion Modding Guides and General Modding Discussion--REDUX

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I wish I'd have known how easy it was before. Oh well, time to remap my warps.

• Enorhiel

Enorhiel Void-Bound Voyager

Hello again. I wanted to know if it was possible to move a character in the secret woods, when the tree trunk is destroyed. If it's possible, how?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

difficult, but possible if you use a SMAPI mod.

• Crystalmir

Crystalmir Subatomic Cosmonaut

The IRC channel seems completly dead.

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

• Enorhiel

Enorhiel Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!
            Few days ago, I came here because the trunk between the Forest and the Secret Woods was a problem. Finally it wasn't.
            Actually, the real problem is the fact that I can't move a NPC to the Secret Woods, at all. I tried to change a lot of things, even changing the spawn of Alex, in order to try to make him spawn in the Secret Woods. It worked when I tried to move him in the Forest, but not in the SW, so I'm guessing I'm doing it right... I just don't know, if someone has an idea?

(And for those who want to know, NPC's can walk throught the trunk, they just don't care about it...!)

• Androxilogin

How do I do ieet? I got the app now I have an empty friends list -- nevermind. I'm in.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
                Jinxiewinxie likes this.
              • Jinxiewinxie

Glad you got it figured out! There's also a Discord for just Stardew Valley in general, here's a link for that one: https://discord.gg/0lZ1oe3RPoGAnq9D

Androxilogin likes this.
                • Androxilogin

Coo coo. This is confusing. Haha.

• juicyslew

juicyslew Master Chief

• cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                  • Jinxiewinxie

This thread was already a sticky and I just made the Map Discussion one a sticky as well ^_^

Dozy likes this.
                    • cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you! I wondered if this one was already. Yay!

Jinxiewinxie and juicyslew like this.
                      • monteso

monteso Big Damn Hero

Does anyone know how the water in game gets its wavy effect. Nothing I can find in the custom properties, animations or in the map layers explain it. But all original water sources have it. Left in pic is my edited Farm map in game and right is the same map in tIDE. I need to know cause on my expanded FarmCave map, I change the map to be a forest with a lake and river running trough but I don't know how to those water effects to show.

watereffects.png

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

@monteso The animations are on the Buildings layer for the Beach water..I'll dig around and see if I can find them for, say, the creeks/rivers.

Edit: It's on the building layer for the big pond on the farm, too (and that river/inlet-thing directly south of Marnie's). Two frames for each tile, all from the animations tilesheet, The good news I guess is that there aren't a million different ones.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
                          • Dozy

Dozy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I thought you just put Water | T on the custom tile sheet for the tile that goes on the back layer. You can't see the effect in tIDE, but it does show up in-game (at least, that is how it has worked for me). Not sure how it works, but simply having the property on the tile sheet makes the water animated.

[​IMG]

foghorn likes this.
                            • foghorn

For the shorelines too?

• monteso

monteso Big Damn Hero

You misunderstand. I know about the individual tile animations for the water borders, its the water shimmer effect on the main water tile. In my pic that I posted above, you see the differences between the two, that is what I am after. But no where (as far as I can find) on the map file explains why or how the game implements it. I have look hard before asking here. As for animation tile sheet are you referring to this, pic below. Cause the animations for river/ponds is on spring_outdoors.png. I believe the effects are added by code into the game, and not by the map file itself. Thats why it doesn't show in tIDE.

animations.png

foghorn likes this.
                                • foghorn

Yeah, I didn't understand your question, sorry.

• monteso

monteso Big Damn Hero

I tried exactly that. In the custom properities for the spring_outdoors tilesheet I added Water / T for all water tiles. Maybe something was miss, since its a long list, it be easy for a mistake.
                                    water.png

Here is a screenshot of my custom FarmCave map that I've been working on. The water effect is the last problem left before I could start working on some of my more interesting ideas.

farm forest.png

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
                                    Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.