Modding Discussion Modding Guides and General Modding Discussion--REDUX

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zcsnightmare

zcsnightmare Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a quick question if anyone knows the answer or how to help:

I'm adding more weapons to the game, through zipy's custom shops or CJB's item spawner until there's an alternative, anywho, the Scythe is in the weapons.xnb (both tilesheets and data) and for the life of me, I don't see what separates the game from distinguishing it from the other weapons. I'm trying to add a couple versions of scythes, just copy and pasting the original scythe's values in the .yaml file, but the game treats them as a sword (even labels them as a sword in-game).

There isn't a tools.xnb in Data and I unpacked all the Data files but couldn't find anything promising that links the Scythe to be recognized as a Scythe. I do understand we're very limited with what we can do at the moment, and it's likely there's nothing that can be done to add more scythes, no biggie though. Mainly curious for curiosity's sake.

• BlankSlater

BlankSlater Space Penguin Leader

is there a way to save edit what shops have to for sale currently? there are items I want to buy that aren't showing up >_>+

• bo39

bo39 Void-Bound Voyager

ya i found it silly to when he said it just like how our finale project went from developing an iPhone app to a android one because he doesn't like the language apple is programmed in ether do you possibly know of any good learning material out there for C# all the ones i find just seem to drone on maybe like an online class textbook or something like that where i can learn at my own pace instead of having to follow a video

• ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't really learn from videos either.

As a quick reference if you already know Java quite well there's this: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms228358(v=vs.90).aspx
          It comes with some code samples.

Other than that I'm not really sure of many really good and free sources, but I came across this which seems okay: http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/csharp/csharp.html, looks like it also walks through first using Visual Studio.
          A lot of this stuff will seem like pretty basic stuff, you can skip all of the tutorials talking about Forms if you're just wanting to make SMAPI mods
          Once you've got those basics covered it's a lot easier to get into the more advanced stuff.

bo39 likes this.
          • bo39

bo39 Void-Bound Voyager

thanks so much

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

http://community.playstarbound.com/...uy-stacks-of-999-for-common-resources.113331/

I checked the code, its explicitly treating the weapon at sprite index 47 (The scythe) differently from the rest, so yeah, atm you cant add new scythe's >_<

BlankSlater and zcsnightmare like this.
              • zcsnightmare

I figured it was probably something like that, I've played around with those unknown weapon values quite a bit, but nothing did the trick. Though, changing the weapon type to 4 makes you swing it like a pick/axe/hoe without proper animation. I thought that was neat. Lol. Couldn't actually chop down any trees or break any stone.

Thanks for answering ^.^

• Chesu

Chesu Intergalactic Tourist

Is changing the effects that items have possible? I've looked all over for this, both checking all game files that might be relevant and searching online, but I can't find the information anywhere. What I specifically want to do is make an endgame fertilizer... Maybe make it craftable with slime and cactus fruit, actually give you a reason to build a slime hutch. I've experimented with making new items and new crafting recipes, but I've had no luck with actually changing an item's effect. "Fertilizer raises crop quality" has to be stored SOMEWHERE, right?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Its hardcoded into StardewValley.TerrainFeatures.HoeDirt#plant to change the actual stages a crop grows through upon planting, based on the fertiliser (10% and 25%) and if they have the profession for faster crop growth (10% on top of fertiliser)
                    So yeah, not really a easy place to get into :rofl:

• zcsnightmare

I have one last question for awhile at least xD

Has anyone figured out the values in monsters.xnb in Data folder? I've looked through a guide or two but nothing mentions it.

I don't mind testing different values and figuring it out, but if it's already been done, why do the work twice?;)

[​IMG]

taintedwheat likes this.
                      • BlankSlater

I think the very first number is HP. which means damage is probably the second number. any number that the all the slimes share that no others have might be the number corresponding to their slime debuff.

• GwenLilyKnight

GwenLilyKnight Tentacle Wrangler

I see the first true/false bit. Only the flying mobs have it set to true. The Last True/False has the non monsters and projectiles as false.

zcsnightmare likes this.
                          • zcsnightmare

Good eye at that correlation. Figured the first two values were HP and DMG, considering how they accumulate with the enemies found on deeper levels.

Wonder what the mid part is. I'm curious what controls their spawning and where the level value is

GwenLilyKnight likes this.
                            • GwenLilyKnight

GwenLilyKnight Tentacle Wrangler

might be on the maps themselves?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The long list of numbers & fractionals looks to me like its the mobs loot table...

• BlankSlater

how hard is it to modify npc tastes? maru really should like the dwarf gadget and abigail really should like the bone flute.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Impossible atm.

• BlankSlater

that sucks. thanks for the info. what about making new quests?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Idk, never checked the code for that

BlankSlater likes this.
                                        • L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

I have a question if anyone knows the answer or how to help:

Where are the boot and ring .pngs located? I noticed the boot.yaml, but I can find any .pngs for them. I saw all the .pngs on the wiki so they must exist somewhere in the content folder. If they are in another .png where can I find them?

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.