MOD-TUTORIAL 5: How to use "Ghouls Modmaker"

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Ghoul159, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hashtag

hashtag Tentacle Wrangler

This is nice. I mean, I tried it out, and it's wonderful, but I don't need it. I know the basics of modding, so it shouldn't be a problem. But this is a great idea, keep it up! :cool:

2. Ghoul159

Ghoul159 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i'm very sorry but i don't have the time do update and maintain these threads currently... :(
    and thanks for everyone who helps the people here... :)

3. niel0909

niel0909 Big Damn Hero

how do i start the modmaker i unpack it to a folder and when i run the .bat nothing happens also the v 3 one i downloaded doesn't have a .bat only the v 1 does

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  4. niel0909

niel0909 Big Damn Hero

i keep getting
    Error: StarException: An error occurred during loading: VariantException: Improper conversion to double from string in get("power")

5. hashtag

hashtag Tentacle Wrangler

I'm not the owner here, but from my experience, I think's that's something to do with the mod files, like the recipes and stuff. You might wanna' overlook that. If not, I have NO IDEA.

6. badassack

badassack Tentacle Wrangler

Now if someone would make one of these to create recipes you would really have something. and what program did you use to create this?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  7. Silmaril.SE

Silmaril.SE Astral Cartographer

8. Ghoul159

Ghoul159 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

it's and error you get with the "" marks on the parameters they removed them from some of them....

power: 5 should it be called for example not power: "5" ;)

this modmaker would make the recipes too but i have some little update related bugs in there and currently no time to fix them sry :( and its made with java....

9. Goddish

Goddish Aquatic Astronaut

I'm developing a much more advanced version that will support most files. For anyone still looking at this it's available here. You can make all types of Armour(eventually every item), recipes are nearly complete, json validation and identification.

Ghoul159 likes this.
  10. Paultry

Paultry Void-Bound Voyager

I may sound like a n00b, but mine didn't come with a start.bat file and I have no idea what to put in the notepad file after I make the bat file. A little help please? Pretty much I'm asking how to start V .3

11. snivy10

snivy10 Orbital Explorer

Um... When I upload a picture for the Projectile it always crashes. Please help

12. snivy10

snivy10 Orbital Explorer

It seems good though. Would love to be able to make Swords too

13. Paultry

Paultry Void-Bound Voyager

HOW DO I START THIS ASFBGJBASDM

14. foxgamer

foxgamer Big Damn Hero

How i change that? [​IMG]

15. wotikins

wotikins Big Damn Hero

how do i open it? in v1 it has a start.bat but in v3 it has tons of zip files with no start.bat in any of those zipfiles

16. foxgamer

foxgamer Big Damn Hero

Just open the version of your computer,for example,my computer is 32 bits,open the modmaker win32bits.jar,understood?[​IMG]

17. wotikins

wotikins Big Damn Hero

weird cause all those jars appear as .rar files and ive tried right clicking and > open as java and it wont open anything

18. foxgamer

foxgamer Big Damn Hero

Extract this files in a paste!

19. zivinsoltolee

zivinsoltolee Void-Bound Voyager

I have Java and Winrar but I am unable to open the Bat. or Jar. file. Any ideas on whats going on.

20. zivinsoltolee

zivinsoltolee Void-Bound Voyager

What do you mean "in a paste"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.