MOD-TUTORIAL 4: How to make your own Armor

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Ghoul159, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flameboy103

flameboy103 Void-Bound Voyager

i cant find the player.config file???? where is it?

2. Atomisk

Atomisk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am trying to make a fully animated chestpiece for a specific body-mod type dealie, but I can't figure out how to make the frames file work to recognize that I'm not using the default frames for a chest armor. I made a new .frames file for the same named .png, but when I run or jump the appropriate frames don't play; just making my character naked.

3. VirirdianFox

VirirdianFox Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the same type of issue except I'm just trying to add one frame to the run animation. [For the chestf.frames and chestm.frames]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  4. peppernat

peppernat Yeah, You!

I'm not sure if anything has changed but I have tried this time and time again and I don't know if it works with Furious Koala

5. LivingBloodlust

LivingBloodlust Big Damn Hero

And you just put that folder in the mods folder?

6. Ghoul159

Ghoul159 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i'm very sorry but i don't have the time do update and maintain these threads currently... :(
    and thanks for everyone who helps the people here... :)

7. Di1997

Di1997 Big Damn Hero

i made my own armor with recipe, and it doesn't appear when i press "C", here is a code:

{
    "input" : [
    { "item" : "money", "count" : 1 },
    ],
    "output" : { "item" : "alegs", "count" : 1 },
    "groups" : [ "plain", "armors", "all" ]
    }

Fixed

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  8. intervencion

intervencion Existential Complex

Did you add to the player.config?

9. Di1997

Di1997 Big Damn Hero

{
    "__merge" : [],
    "defaultBlueprints" : {
    "tier1" : [
    { "item" : "achest" },
    { "item" : "ahead" },
    { "item" : "alegs" }
    ]
    }
    }

10. Di1997

Di1997 Big Damn Hero

that's i add in my new player.config

11. intervencion

intervencion Existential Complex

I'm out then.

Hope somebody can help you :)

12. lions3316

lions3316 Yeah, You!

Does this work in multiplayer

13. Zephyr Phyrosen

Zephyr Phyrosen Big Damn Hero

I noticed that the .png files for the armor are always colored in peach or something of the like, but they look different in game.

I'm guessing these are the specified portions that the game will edit if the item is colored? How would the game differentiate what to change from not what to change? Since there's a lot of similar colors that you might use but not intend on being changed by the game when colored.

14. RacieB

RacieB Void-Bound Voyager

If you take a look at the end of each armor file, you'll see the colors defined basically as a hexcode find-and-replace. The first line of these is the default color of the item, the remaining lines are for dyeing (whenever that gets officially implemented.) So, you color your armor png using the four peach colors for parts you want to be recolored ingame, and use whatever colors you want for extra details that won't be recolored. Then in the armor file, you specify each hex replacement like [PEACH1]:[YOURCOLOR1], [PEACH2]:[YOURCOLOR2] etc.

15. knightdude

knightdude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I followed the tutorial step by step, made sure everything was named correctly, and double checked commas in the recipes but nothing seems wrong. Its not showing up at all in game not even as a generic item

16. Canskyline137

Canskyline137 Space Hobo

Can someone help me? I cant find the assets/items/armors files! There isnt a file called items in assets. Im thinking about they are all in packed.pak because it is 892MB!

17. Guluere

Guluere Void-Bound Voyager

Can't seen to get the armor

18. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Thanks for the tutorial!

19. AtlasZero

AtlasZero Void-Bound Voyager

http://community.playstarbound.com/...successfully-pack-and-unpack-pak-files.66649/

Here, check this out. It is in the packed.pak, but you have to open it using the asset_unpacker.exe in the win32 folder, in your directory. The way you open the asset_unpacker.exe is using cmd, which should be shown in more detail in the link above.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Now here's my issue, I can't find the player.config to save my life in the main Assets folder. I've read that its supposed to come with the unpacking, but it's not there. Any advise?
    My Assets folder below.
    http://i.gyazo.com/1707db61b004fec43676ed1da1287cd6.png

20. Anderebu

Anderebu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My wife and I are attempting to make some armor mods ourselves (I do text based things and she does the art). We're currently running into a problem with the clothing/armor not being accurate on the character. It's in the wrong place no matter where she moves it and she simply changed the color the other day and now the pants aren't in the right place despite having been the other day. Could someone assist us in figuring out the problem? Sorry for being such a newb at this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.