Modding Help Mod trouble

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Gassy, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Gassy

Gassy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I need some help. I downloaded this Irken race mod but its not working, I managed to get the Irken insignia where the gender options is but thats it. all the tutorials I read said to put it in my giraffe_storage but I don't have that so I put it in storage and then into mods but it still won't work. I even tried using the mod launcher on steam but it gives me an error window ( it says bad lexican cast) can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong QnQ

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Generally support for a specific mod should go in that mod's own discussion tab.

That said, "giraffe_storage" tells me you are dealing with an outdated mod(beta aka pre-release Starbound). Everything goes in \mods\ now but that isn't the real issue. It is going to have things that don't work anymore because of changes to Starbound itself since that mod was last updated.

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do besides learning to mod yourself - specifically race modding - and maybe more depending on what content they added. Or hoping the mod author updates it.

I have no specific info for you on updating this. Race mods aren't something I've done(or am likely to do).

Gassy likes this.
  3. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

4. Gassy

5. projectmayhem

And are you using a mod to extend your character creation screen, to show more races

Gassy likes this.
  6. Gassy

Okay, thank you so much for your help ^w^ I found that the error message I was getting is because there's too much white space in the mod file so it doesn't recognize the mod, and I was looking at learning to mod myself but I'm not experienced with mods so I might ask my brother for some help since he's more knowledgeable then I am ^w^

7. Gassy

I am, I have the Xbawks Character Extender

8. projectmayhem

Ok here is what got the race to work for me.... I dont know if yours looks like this, but mine came in a Xeno Irken V2 folder, inside that is the Xeno Irken Mod folder

Take that folder out of the first folder and put that into your mods folder.

The race doesnt seem to have an icon for the character screen, but I clicked on an empty spot that showed up between two of my other races and it let me choose Irken

Gassy likes this.
  9. projectmayhem

I can't figure out why the icon wont show on the character creation window though

Gassy likes this.
  10. Gassy

I don't have that, mine just says Xeno Irken Mod. but I haven't tried clicking on an empty lot in the character creator and see if its there.

they don't have in icon because thats one of the bugs the creator didn't fix QwQ

11. Gassy

nope none of my empty slots have the irken race QnQ

12. projectmayhem

Weird. I'm looking through the mod and I cant tell why the icon isnt showing on mine, or why it wouldnt be loading in yours. I dont get anything in my logs about the mod

Gassy likes this.
  13. Gassy

that's weird and also sad because I was looking forward to playing as an irken Q_Q my brother might be able to help me though, since I'm brobably effing it up somehow OwQ

14. Gassy

My brother is home and he helped me fix the mod (mostly) I can't see all the character designs/options but thats okay ^w^