Modding Help Mod support please can someone look at this mod for me

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Hekete, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Hekete

Hekete Subatomic Cosmonaut

http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/470/? to the original mod

Basically I left only esmeralda armor and two guns and a sword in the mod. i was trying to make it so that the hair is for female floran only aswell as the ship by renaming the ship folder inside isntead of human to floran. well

i keep getting nothing but CTDs

also was trying to make it compatable with FU . seriously im at a lost here

Attached Files:

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

furious koala... you might actually need the assets from furious koala know how to convert to now

3. Hekete

ah man >< apparently it wasn't an issue with FU it was an issue with the ship not being upgradable. i found that it didnt have the tiers set up and that why its CTD'ng :( could someone tell me how to get it to work

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

[​IMG]
    try making exact copies of the ship for each tier. look at vanilla SB ships for help

5. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

The Vepr ship is a good reference for you to see what changed. Download the old mod, and my update to it so you can compare the before and after. Of course it is also true I did some object changes that where not strictly necessary(upgrades).

You'll have the following issues off the top of my head.

1. Tiers but you can copy that without literally copying it. See my universe_server.config.patch
    2. The blockKey file was once integrated into the .structure file for ships. So you need to make it a separate file.
    3. The name for fuel capacity in the .structure file changed. Probably different other things like this changed. And you need to add the crew capacity.
    4. Some material names may have changed and you'd need to reflect those changes in your (new) blockKey.
    5. Any custom objects will have their own issues, as some things have changed about objects.

6. Hekete

this is a hell alot of work :( do you know of anyone that can do this?