Modding Discussion Mod Suggestion! Warhammer 40k inspired mod!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Gish, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Gish

Gish Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there!

I didn't know where I would've put this, and mods might yell at me and give me a good spanking but I figured this is the best place to put it. Now; who here is a warhammer 40k fan? Either it be the tabletop wargame, the Dawn of War games, or anything else the franchise spawned, we all love it! Me and I good friends [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] came up with an idea to make a big mod, changing up the game and making it warhammer-y.

The focus is to add about 5 new races (Orks, Eldar, Necrons, Tau and Chaos Human), new armors and weapons (ranging from Ceramite Power Armor, to a Necron Gauss Rifle) and new planet types pertaining to the races and factions of the 40k universe.

The racial armor bonuses could be like

Orks: 20% more attack speed on melee weapons
    Eldar: Using techs costs less energy
    Necrons: When reaching 0 hp, instead of dying you fall apart for a couple seconds and come back with half HP. If you reach 0 again you actually die. This is reset on every actual respawn.
    Tau: Costs less pixels to buy things from merchants (Including gun merchants!), Guards will not aggro and go hostile if you hold out your weapon
    Chaos Human: 20% more damage to all NPCs (by that I mean the races and people; Villagers, Guards, ect)

And the new planet types I was thinking of could be

Necron Tomb Planet: The terrain is desert, and is covered in black obelisks and the only enemies that appear are Necron Warriors, wielding Gauss weapons. On the planet there is a massive dungeon containing various necron decor, tomb spyder enemies, and at the end a Necron Lord enemy

Ork WAAAGH! Base: The terrain is arid, monsters spawn but there are also abundant small settlments containing hostile Ork Boyz, there is then a large base containing the Warboss which will drop rare ork weapons.

Plane of Chaos: Terrain is magma, only appears in X sector. Roaming the terrain are Pink Horror enemies. Contains a large chapel dungeon, similar to the Space Marine chapel, but more morbid and chaoslike. The enemies include Chaos Space Marines and Cultists. At the end, there is a portal structure that acts like a placed boss spawning item. It cant be broken by the player, and cant be taken anywhere else. When used; spawns a boss-level enemy known as the Daemon Prince.

Imperium of Man Colonies: Terrain is forest, contains military colonies that are riddled with humans wearing and wielding Imperial Guard equipment. There is then a large Space Marine Chapter Chapel, a dungeon containing hostile Caramite armor wearing humans, at the end there is the Chapter Master that, when killed drops a special cape that when worn will cause all Space Marine mobs to be neutral to you.

Thats all I can really think of for now. I understand this looks like it will take -alot- of work, and will need maby more than 1 modder, but Its just a suggestion; I'm not expecting it to come to be.

GTRGU456, gunbloodx and ethaniel13 like this.
  2. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

No space marines? I am disappointed.

3. Gish

Gish Void-Bound Voyager

I didn't think space marines needed their own race if they were humans already (then again they are genetically modified). They do appear in the Imperium Colonies planet type, though!

4. wraithbone

wraithbone Pangalactic Porcupine

Already onto it. Here.
    Races are a long way off because there is a huuuge amount of art that has to be done for an entire race.
    The items are coming out steadily. All weapons at this point.

5. Monkeybiscuit

Monkeybiscuit Phantasmal Quasar

I hope marines would be a new race. Although it would mean we'd have to destroy doors to get through them. Though that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

6. LazerBrotato

LazerBrotato Void-Bound Voyager

A "space marine" race could have a passive along the lines of minor regen or not requiring gear to explore ( Don't they have all the implants to be near unkillable by hazards unless its like lava).

7. Wywern291

Wywern291 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Aren't doors in starbound a block taller than normal players? And I was really surprised to find this, because a while back I was like: Wouldn't it be cool to find like a tyranid or ork minibiome with a chest that would contain space marine/terminator items and armour. And now there's this. I might just be tripping balls but I hope that's not the case because this sounds amazing! :D (But seriously don't forget the tyranids!)

8. LazerBrotato

LazerBrotato Void-Bound Voyager

Instead of mech tech, terminator suit tech or dreadnaught tech.............................gasp

9. Gish

Gish Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I forgot to mention the Tyranid Hive planet type. I wouldn't think they would be a playable race, though

10. Wywern291

Wywern291 Subatomic Cosmonaut

:cry:

11. Shanulu

Shanulu Space Spelunker

I would rather see, as an example, if you are human your quest line would to be get/keep planets under compliance or retrieve artifacts or what have you. As a Tyranid you could consume all resources/life on a planet to progress. Etc, etc.

12. Nicoll&Dime

Nicoll&Dime Subatomic Cosmonaut

13. wraithbone

wraithbone Pangalactic Porcupine

Actually, I am the author of the 40k items mod, which is a which is both my own and a public effort to create the art and files needed to get as much 40k items into Starbound as we can. No races are planned as of yet, but once there is enough content to back up an entire race, I would certainly consider attempting it. That could be a while out as of yet, but its not impossible.