REQUEST Mod suggestion - Hemp

Discussion in 'Mods' started by WirlWind, Mar 7, 2016.

1. WirlWind

WirlWind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

::EDIT::

SgtPineapple1st over here is adding hemp to his mod, so feel free to head over and support him.

I'm not exactly a modder, so no idea how feasible this actually is, but here's the basic idea:

Hemp

V Cheap seeds (Maybe the same cost as grass starters?)
    Fast growing (Only a few days, maybe 3-4)
    Can be harvested for hemp fiber (spun into wool / fabric?)
    Maybe multi-seasonal?
    Drops leaves, can be put in a preserve bin to be turned into bio-fuel (maybe has 3 coal 'charges', or drops multiple fuel to offset the multiple days it takes to make) / or turned into feed for animals

VERY low profit, this plant is entirely utility based.

But...

After you grow it, it leaves a fertilizer (the quality bonus one) effect behind, making it amazing for rotating in between the cash crops and saving you a bit of fertilizer.

I've heard a few farmers IRL talk about how hemp is great as a "filler" in their crop rotations because it's cheap, grows quickly and helps maintain the soil nutrients. (Though IRL it's a TON more useful and profitable, but hey, game balance :p )

Would be nice to have a useful (but not exploitable profit-wise) utility plant like hemp added to the lineup. It would be a nice alternative to charcoal as well, without being OP (Takes a few days to make)

Maybe you could go a step further and make the roots edible etc :p

Just wanted to get my idea's down on "paper". If anyone is looking for a mod idea, feel free to take this and run with it.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
      DWrathh likes this.
    • Mentyplz

Mentyplz Space Hobo

Still waiting for someone to chime in and request it to be smoke able aswell.

• TheSilentObserver

TheSilentObserver Big Damn Hero

Well, you know... if it burns, someone's going to try to smoke it.

• Ink Dragon

Ink Dragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• WirlWind

WirlWind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Then we could all point and laugh at them, since hemp is very very low in THC (something like 0.3%)

Also, I added the suggestion to the bottom of SgtPineapple's mod thread, so hopefully we'll have some bio-fuel before long :)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016