Dev Blog Mod Spotlight #1

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

The fishing mini game has personally been so far pretty engaging for me. It's all about reeling in the fish while it tries to get away, without breaking the line.
    The best part? ACTIVE ITEMS CAN HAVE AUGMENTS. (And multiple at that!)

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I'll have to wait and see (or look it up on YT lol) about the fishing minigame.

Active Items having Augments? Awesome. Now maybe it might be possible to make vanilla guns, you know, not suck. It'd be nice if CF gave us ways to craft augments, but I suppose in the interim, that's what mods are for.

3. Jareix Cryvix

Yeah, there's a vid by thunder cookie showing it off.
    Sorta. Just like armor, they have to come with a slot. Perhaps they could stick those on RNG'd weapons? That'd be neat...

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Code:
    interface\optionsmenu\optionsmenu.config
    179c179,196
    <       "checked" : true
    ---
    >       "checked" : false
    >     },
    >     "borderlessLabel" : {
    >       "type" : "label",
    >       "position" : [25, 40],
    >       "hAnchor" : "left",
    >       "value" : "BORDERLESS WINDOW"
    >     },
    >     "borderlessCheckbox" : {
    >       "type" : "button",
    >       "pressedOffset" : [0, 0],
    >       "position" : [104, 40],
    >       "base" : "/interface/optionsmenu/checkboxnocheck.png",
    >       "hover" : "/interface/optionsmenu/checkboxnocheckhover.png",
    >       "baseImageChecked" : "/interface/optionsmenu/checkboxcheck.png",
    >       "hoverImageChecked" : "/interface/optionsmenu/checkboxcheckhover.png",
    >       "checkable" : true,
    >       "checked" : false
    Would I, could I fake a diff like this?

respectively, yes and no.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  5. Preday

Preday Starship Captain

There is at least one youtuber who has made 2 videos showcasing new additions to the Nightly build, such as Novakid towns and the fishing mechanic and relocation gun. Oh, and the Collections menu, like a pokedex for captured monsters, food, bugs, fishes and fossils

Ainzoal likes this.
  6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

And where's all the naysayers saying the game has no content, when we told these people to be quiet because new content will come? lol

7. Jareix Cryvix

Saying that this is all just insubstantial stuffing just like everything else in the game... :/

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

There's just no pleasing some people. May their sex lives be statistically interesting.

9. TheOcean'sMistake

TheOcean'sMistake Space Hobo

These look amazing!

10. lordbociek

lordbociek Pangalactic Porcupine

The truth is, that i miss those mollygos updates, reading them was the same fun as playing Starbound itself :)

11. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

I second that. We went from multiple posts per week to multiple weeks between posts. We miss you Molly. :cry:

12. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

[​IMG]

Well I must admit, I was slightly confused due to the fact it's useless when you have those EPP and there's no chance of surviving on lava or ice worlds without those babies in the first place, so this would be rather niche and obsolete. On other hand, it would be cool to have some sort of extra difficulty mechanics when low power disabled EPP or something, but that would just slow the pace down again, and would make balancing of energy weapons and melee fighters even more hard.
    THERE, NO BULLY PLS

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Indeed you're not. Image-only posts are frowned 'pon :3

Tleno and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  14. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Kawa's right. Image-only posts are frowned upon under forum rules. Please edit in a sentence of text.

Tleno likes this.
  15. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

All great picks!

[COLORBOUND] is probably the only one on the list I can't play with right now. It's a beautiful idea; however, without a good way to choose the color you want quickly the added color choices become very tedious to pick through. If Chucklefish really likes [COLORBOUND], I hope they'll consider redoing the color selection mechanics to make it much more playable. Though, if they do that, they might as well add the changes made with the mod into the base game at that point as well.

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Colorbound and its ilk are one of the reasons I've been working on this:
    Starbound Character Creator.png

greenRAM, lornlynx, Tleno and 4 others like this.
  17. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Ooo, I like.

It loads info from mods and such, I take it, since it lists Felin as one of the races? That's awesome.

18. IcyLucario

IcyLucario Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm pretty late to the party, and I certainly don't expect a reply but...

Hey Dev peoples: Do you consider adding any mods to the game?
    Lets take Frackin Universe for example. First off, its "A bit much" to just add I know. Plus I'm sure there is a lot you wouldn't want to add.
    But the new biomes? Those biomes are HOT (Some literally.) and would really add to the space feeling.

Ever think about it?

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@IcyLucario: they didn't just add a couple mods to the game -- they added some of those mods' authors to the team. So yeah, they do consider that kind of stuff.