Dev Blog Mod Spotlight #1

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

I think the guy was complaining about the mountainous terrain that more or less require the equipment that prevent fall damage. I think he fell one too many times without thinking that he shouldn't be there yet and made him felt like he have the right to complain about something that is a feature that he installed himself.

You should've linked him to your guide that you have somewhere. While my mind is on it though I like to thank you personally for indirectly recommending Frackin' Universe to me. Hearing you talk about it non-stop got me really interested in it.

Xylia and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Could be something like that.

I'm glad you tried and liked it!

3. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

meh

this game was always advertised as super mod friendly

take from that what you will w/e

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It is super mod friendly. More so even than back when the public beta first dropped. (*shudder*)

Everything has a flipside, and if your save data references assets that are removed as easily as they were added, you should be glad you get an inventory full of green blocks and rooms made entirely of dirt instead of something worse, like guaranteed crashes or whatnot.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  5. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

So you're telling me the game doesn't have a high probability of bricking character saves upon uninstalling certain mods? (I wouldn't know, all I know is from vague second-hand accounts)

6. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

What game wouldn't? This game just has better failsafes than others... Though it does require some user input to guarantee minimum chance of error.

Ainzoal and Ankali like this.
  7. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

why have you guys suddenly stoped adding news here again?

8. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Because they're...
    Fishing...

9. Preday

Preday Starship Captain

Is there any ETA on the 1.1 update?

10. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

busy working? Nightly already has some new features.

11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well, they have a community manager whose job would include stuff like dev blog posts, right? Not everybody is a programmer.

It would, however, help immensely if they would give us a little peek into what they are doing, because not everybody plays Nightly, and there's a vocal few who are grumbling about a "lackluster" (I do not share this opinion myself) 1.0 release who keep going "this is it? that's all?" and some of them talk like they have no faith that CF is even continuing to work on the game despite efforts from myself and others to assure them that yes, work is still being done.

Then they come here to Dev Blog and they see the latest Dev Blog is a Mod Spotlight from almost a month ago and the one before that is a Bugfix from almost a month and a half ago and it doesn't bolster their faith any.

I, of course, believe you that there's new stuff on Nightly... but yet I'd like a little peek, at least once a week. Or even once every other week.

They were scrambling to get 1.0 out the door and they were able to do once a week, right? Sometimes they did twice a week.

No offense to CF meant whatsoever, I just feel that a once-a-week update on what's going on would help a lot of people feel better.

EDIT: One thing I was REALLY hoping to see but they didn't do it, was a "Our Plans After 1.0" overview of the kinds of things they had in mind after the 1.0 release and not including bugfixes (because that's pretty obvious) so I had something to look forward to, and an idea of what they planned on adding after 1.0.

lordbociek and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  12. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

in that case i will shut up and let them work
    go devs :DD

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

New features may or may not include borderless windows.

14. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

What other features may or may not be included in the nightly already?

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Fishing, relocating monsters, temperature...

Tleno and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  16. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

The collection feature for example. Also fishing has been further developed with different lures and reels to configure your fishing performance. Also relocating farm animals via a special gun.

lordbociek and Tleno like this.
  17. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

Temperature, just like in previous builds? That's nice I guess, wonder how will it be reworked like this time.

So, even more Stardew Valley-esque goodness, that's cool I guess.

18. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Holy shit Tleno actually believed the one feature that's not in there! This day's looking better already :D

Xylia and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

BORDERLESS WINDOW!?!?

Please tell me you are NOT joking.

And... fishing? huh. I hope the rewards are actually worth it (kinda like how it is very worth it in Terraria). Hopefully the minigame isn't "bleh", some games have bad fishing minigames, lol.

Ankali likes this.