Modding Discussion OLD--POST IN NEW THREAD--Mod List, Modding Guides, and General Modding Discussion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aize

Aize Space Hobo

Is possible to change font and dialog for other language (multi-line alphabet as Thai lang.)?

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

any way to get this to reset daily? looks like as soon as you go to sleep and wake up it resets

• zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll have to look into that as it was something I wrote up at roughly around 1AM. I'll add it to my TODO list and get back to you ASAP. =)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
          Drogean likes this.
        • cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

I'll do it now. Thanks for the heads up!

There is now. Zoryn added a new day event to the API, so you can check for that now.

edit: Updated FreezeInside to properly reset times. Is now configurable for whether or not mines and caves count as inside.

Drogean likes this.
          • Mr. Teatime

Mr. Teatime Poptop Tamer

Oops, I made a typo!
            The breed is "Cane Corso".

I also cleaned up the sprite a bit, noticed a single grey pixel out of place.

https://www.mediafire.com/?8i0bi3b8c2wbdag

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The descendants of Roman war dogs, cane corsos are prized in Italy for being capable hunting companions and guard dogs.
            Highly athletic and fiercely loyal.
            Due to the high maintenance that comes with owning such a large, powerful breed corsos are usually only recommended for experienced owners

• SgtPineapple1st

SgtPineapple1st Subatomic Cosmonaut

So I think I've figured it out. The ID in ObjectInformation.xnb doubles as the position on the springobjects.xnb sprite sheet. I'm going to test this theory tomorrow. All of the stuff I do find out about adding crops will eventually be added to Alpha_Omegasis's guide.

Acrimonia likes this.
              • cantorsdust

Can confirm. Deathrat and I worked that out a few days ago, allowing me to do the "stinkyfinger" item creation demonstration. Problem is that the game was crashing if you expanded the PNG in springobjects.xnb beyond its current size to allow for more tiles caused the game to crash. So adding items via XNB modding is not very feasible right now. Hoping the API will fix that.

Also, updated All Fish All Seasons and All Fish All Seasons All Times All Weathers to v1.01 for SV 1.04. I would very much appreciate any reports from users as to whether they have caught any fish out of season, as I haven't been able to confirm that. Have confirmed for times and weather.

@Mr. Teatime--updated OP, thanks.

Acrimonia likes this.
                • zipy199522

I can't wait! I've personally been excited for new crops for a long time, which was one of the things that prompted me to get into modding here.

Also just updated the AutoSpeed mod to version 0.0.2a so that now it updates the player's speed upon loading a character, and upon every new day so that speed changes are persistent throughout.
                  The link is the same in the OP, but just in case.
                  https://github.com/janavarro95/AutoSpeed_Mod

Also almost done documenting all of the dialogue symbols so that the guide can be properly updated.

Kit Ballard likes this.
                  • Nanospliccer

Nanospliccer Void-Bound Voyager

So there's no information on where shops and recipe gathering would be in the XNB files? That's alright, I suppose, since it's starting to look like I'm going to have to wait until the SMAPI is more finished to start really making anything. Until then, can anyone recommend a program to decompile .exe files and .dlls?

• Pinkishu

Pinkishu Phantasmal Quasar

ILSpy is pretty nice imo, can make you a csproj file too

• cantorsdust

Shops are not in the XNBs. Not sure what you mean by recipe gathering, but if you mean how to acquire recipes, that's probably also hardcoded.

edit: I found dotPeek to give the most readable code, with ILSpy a close second.

• zipy199522

I use dotPeek for all of the documentation and research that I do on my end. Pretty nice and simple.

• Nanospliccer

Nanospliccer Void-Bound Voyager

I'll look at both. If everything is hardcoded, my time might be better spent working on the SMAPI, as long as the leader of that project would be alright with it. Augh, why can't everybody just make their things so moddable they're essentially open source! That would make them so much easier to pira- I mean, modify.

Anyway, if acquiring recipes is hardcoded, then we still have a ways to go before this thing is as extensively workable as it needs to be for our purposes. Can't wait until we can add animations, custom farm houses, and machines... and Lovecraftian horrors to lord over the deepest levels of the mines, swallowing the very hope of any poor farmer who happens to cross their paths.

you know, things like that.

• cantorsdust

Jump on #stardewvalley-mods @freenode.net, all of the people working on the API are on there.

• Acrimonia

Acrimonia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks, this is largely what I'd imagined. I'm planning to make my NPCs have no 'fixed' residence, since they'll be 'visiting' from other towns.
                                It's a nice fusion of making them compatible with any theoretical mods that change the map, while also being a plausible in-game reason to not clutter Stardew Valley itself.
                                There's a lot I plan to try cobbling together/jury-riggin with just the XNBs, such as more events (one per heart), locking progression until events are witnessed, marriages that don't lead to kids, etc...
                                But that'll all come down the line. For now, just getting the XNB's nice and sorted as much as I can'll be a good place to start - and what with all the progress on the API you all have made, I'm incredibly excited for the future of modding!

It won't bother me at all to transfer stuff over, it's just tedium and that's not really an issue since I work at a glacial, but steady, pace, haha.
                                Edit: cantorsdust is a fantastic username, btw.

I'm not worried about this; I *think* I can slap together dialogue getting triggered from files that aren't technically the right ones so that an NPC has all the appropriate dialogues. We'll see though; my goal is just to get as much done as I can in advance while cheering the rest of you on.

SgtPineapple1st, does the game interact well with rice? I mean, does it harvest/sell/get used right when farmed?

• Chrisblue

Chrisblue Aquatic Astronaut

Take a look at my guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I1ncemLuVS46QPysw3T0RxT3KKBVLsa11nrlxVUCOYs/edit?usp=sharing
                                  The Unicode Thai block goes from 0E00 to 0E7F. You have to expand the font height of the dialogue font to 3680px. Starting from coordinates (0;3568) just arrange the unicode
                                  Thai character block in a 8x16 grid: http://unicode-table.com/en/blocks/thai/

• artdekdok

artdekdok Void-Bound Voyager

Multi-line alphabet as Thai language not works for this dialog text because character blocks not overlap, But other text is works.

ภาษาไทย ใช้กับฟอนต์แบบ Dialog ไม่ได้ เพราะมันนับเป็น block ไม่ซ้อนกัน
                                    แต่ฟอนต์ตรงส่วนอื่นใช้ได้ สรุป ไม่ต้องแปลน่าจะดีกว่า

sdv_th1.jpg

Thanks Chrisblue and Draivin for how to edit LooseSprites Font.

sornzilla and callmeijoe like this.
                                    • SgtPineapple1st

SgtPineapple1st Subatomic Cosmonaut

• Kit Ballard

Kit Ballard Tentacle Wrangler

Doesn't seem that "Less fishing Loss" is listed anymore at the provided link.

• MaxDamark

MaxDamark Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a way to combine the mod API with the Stardew Injector API ?

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.