Modding Help Mod Install

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by ethan2008, Jun 27, 2015.

1. ethan2008

ethan2008 Aquatic Astronaut

I am trying to help my son install some mods for his Starbound. At this point I have attempted 4 mods which are HaloUltraV5.2, Arm Cannons, RenTek_RenisArmory and Peglaci. I believe I installed them correctly. I followed this path C, programfiles(86), steam, steam apps, common, starbound. Once here I created a new folder and labeled it mods. I downloaded from the mod forum page used WinRAR to extract them to the mods folder. I checked the folder and verified that the mods were there and each mod has the modinfo file in it. From my understanding that should be all I needed to do, however when he goes into the game it doesn't appear as though any of the mods are there. For example it doesn't give him the option of choosing the Peglaci race when creating a character or the Rentek halodisk doesn't come up as one of the things he can craft. If someone could please give some help to me I would appreciate it.

2. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

You created the folder one subfolder too early.
    Just drag the folder "mods" you created in the "giraffe_storage" folder.
    On a side note: If he wants to play the Peglaci (or any other mod-race) he also needs a character extension, so you might want to install this mod too.

3. ethan2008

ethan2008 Aquatic Astronaut

how do you change your name to the color of red??