REQUEST Mod idea: Personal bathhouse/hot tub?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Ibara, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Ibara

Ibara Aquatic Astronaut

Hello, modders! I come to you today with an idea. I have no experience making mods, especially not for this game, so I have no idea how difficult or even possible it would be to execute at this point in time, but nonetheless, here it is.

I find the spa to be useful but inconvenient. Even just running from your farm to restore your energy and back, it takes quite a bit of time to do. And the lonely atmosphere of such a big place is... a bit disconcerting. So my idea was to somehow place a small bathhouse, hot tub, or hot spring somewhere on the farm. Perhaps (being a bit far-fetched) making it a purchasable upgrade from Robin in the same vein as the coop/barn?

Again, I have no idea how hard this might be to do, or even if it's possible at all with the current state of Stardew's modability. But I would like some feedback on the idea, and hopefully someone more skilled than myself will like the idea enough to take on the challenge.

Last word; because I feel that this would be a rather common idea, I apologize if I'm not the first to have thought of it and have essentially remade a previous post.

• KairiOliver

KairiOliver Void-Bound Voyager

Seconded. The bathhouse takes waaaay to much time to walk through to be worth it. Maybe even just have one of those weird drum baths that'll work on the farm (like those baths used in DBZ and such) to save space.

Vixxi and zyymurgy like this.
      • VeelaOkami

VeelaOkami Space Spelunker

I would totally want to have a litte hot tub or hot spring at the farm!

• lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

Agreed. Going all the way to the hot springs easily carves up to 2 hours out of the day, especially if you don't have a horse yet and/or don't have a speed boost from coffee or something. A little bathtub on the farm would save so much time x.x

• CoolFangs

CoolFangs Void-Bound Voyager

I'd like to be able to have Robin come build you your own personal version of the bathhouse.

• AfrokingJ

AfrokingJ Pangalactic Porcupine

Actually lemme go one further i'd like to have an NPC who is always in the bathouse heck make two npc's a male and a female because there is no bathhouse day where all the npcs go to hang out in the bathouse. And only penny actually has a heart event related to it. Don't get me wrong if someone was taking NPC requests one per customer mine would be for a spooky ghost girl to hang out at the train station but the bath house is critically underused.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I do agree, NPC schedules should adapt after the summer earthquake to take advantage of the bath house.
                Alex for example, instead of standing at the tree all day could go there for the gym, or just lay around in the water.

• TundraPudding

TundraPudding Void-Bound Voyager

It would also be welcome if we could "upgrade" the large farm pond into a onsen/hot spring and actually swim in it. Making it a makeshift Bathhouse.

• DibJib

DibJib Phantasmal Quasar

Could also maybe have the option to select a spring water cave instead of the bat/mushroom cave. If you decline demi's initial offer Robin comes by and asks if you'd like a cave spring tub instead.
                    I usually forget my mushrooms even exist at times and you can get them elsewhere anyhow.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

• Umeneko

Umeneko Void-Bound Voyager

I like the cave idea ALOT. I don't really want to use the farmhouse mod just for a bathroom, because it adds too much for my liking.

• taintedwheat

The hotspring idea is difficult because certain tiles are assigned certain properties.

Dont think lake can be given the energy healing attributes, and then how would your person get into the pond if its set to be impassable?

The effect of the bathhouse only affects the bathhouse tiles.

• AfrokingJ

I on the other hand would like a bathroom maybe whoevers working on the farmhouse expansion that gave it the neat basement could put a bathroom in the basment yes it's not practical but it's either that or getting some sort of outhouse furniture you can place outside.

Unrelated to making the hotspring more useful or turning a cave into a hotspring. But i feel it needs to be said my character eats and drink they need a place to urinate and defecate unless that's how i'm making fertilizer....

• Ibara

Ibara Aquatic Astronaut

Very nice. Personally having it be in the attic isn't my ideal aesthetic, but it would still be a very nice thing to have, at least as a stepping stone toward my ideal or a proof of concept. Thanks for sharing, now I know it's definitely possible at least in some form! And thanks to everyone else for your input, it's all very interesting to think about!

• Umeneko

Oh, that makes sense, so i'm guessing that makes cave spa impossible to do, because cave tiles... so no matter what you do you'd have to make it an add-on room.
                              I wonder if just having the bathroom would be possible instead of the whole huge farmhouse expansion. Trapdoor to a spa.

taintedwheat likes this.
                              • taintedwheat

I mean, theoretically the bathhouse can go into the cave using the bath house tiles but it wouldnt technically be a hot spring.

Like a bathhouse room connected to the cave

• taintedwheat

Ask quantum about just making it a separate room. He might say yes.

• QuantumConcious

QuantumConcious Phantasmal Quasar

If you want a bathroom added to a farmhouse for you and you only want the bathroom o could do it for you as a personal mod. It would only be a bathroom via a trap door nothing else.

If you want to see what i have done sofar go check out my mod. I have made a small basement version and the large one but no cave anymore. Well not yet
                                    FarmHouseExtended

• AfrokingJ

I have an attic and the basement [btw kudos for getting rid of the cave in the basement last thing i need to worry about is monsters in the wine cellar] but i'd like a bathroom while maintaining the the attic and basement you've designed. if that's a bit too much work maybe you could figure out how to let people put wallpapers and floors in the attic then people can download the turn furniture into sink/toilet/ and tub pack make a tiled floor and put up some vaguely bathroomish wallpaper and call that a bathroom.

• Umeneko

That would be great.