Modding Help Mod Helper?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by iakan, Jul 18, 2015.

1. iakan

iakan Void-Bound Voyager

I have some great ideas for mods that I am drawing, but I don't know how to create a mod :(.
    I am looking for an experienced species(characters, ships, weapons, armor,etc.) mod maker help me turn my ideas into a mod.

haynesy566 likes this.
  2. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

If you're requesting help you'll be better off giving a lot more detail. If you can do spritework then you've got a lot of hassle taken care of, otherwise good luck :(

Dunto likes this.
  3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Dunto likes this.
  4. iakan

iakan Void-Bound Voyager

I'm working on drawing everything for it, and i don't have much access to a computer, almost none.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  5. The | Suit

Would make it hard to play starbound without a computer.

Dunto likes this.
  6. iakan

iakan Void-Bound Voyager

I'm just focused on making the ship for now. I have a drawing of it completed and one showing the rooms inside
    any ideas what I could do?

7. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Like Swat said: playing Starbound, let alone modding it, would be a difficult proposition if you have almost no access to a computer. I suppose you could post up your drawings and see if anyone has the time/inclination to make the ship mod for you. Otherwise you'd be best off taking a look at some of the tutorials that Swat posted and taking baby steps to learn yourself :)

lazarus78 likes this.
  8. iakan

iakan Void-Bound Voyager

Can you even mod using a Mac?
    I'll post the ship design, rooms included in the design. Tell me what you think.[DOUBLEPOST=1437400583][/DOUBLEPOST] image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    kyleetehkitty and SleepySquidd like this.
  9. The | Suit

You can mod using any Operating system.
    Also your drawing looks really good.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  10. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Dang, that ship design is sexy! I'm tempted to make it myself! Honestly though, I think you should make it yourself. You are partway there and it would be good to learn if you are planning on modding more things!
    If you are wondering where to start, I would begin by creating a pixel image from your drawing. This can be done in an image editing program (I prefer photoshop, or Gimp if you can't afford Photoshop). I can give you some pixelart pointers if you need them. Also if you unpack your Starbound assets you can get in and look at the ship image files for reference on size and style.

11. iakan

iakan Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1437442384][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I can't make it myself. Got my computer taken away... yeeeeaaaahhhhhhh.[DOUBLEPOST=1437442711][/DOUBLEPOST]I have also drawn some ideas for an armor set as well, including a sniper and broadsword to go with it.[DOUBLEPOST=1437442872][/DOUBLEPOST] image.jpg image.jpg I've been taking the photos with an older iPad so the quality isn't the best

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    SleepySquidd likes this.
  12. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

If i could pixel worth a damn, Id totally make that ship, cus it is baller, but alas, I can not.

13. iakan

iakan Void-Bound Voyager

I was hoping to find someone to help me with making mods because I do t have a computer at the moment.

14. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

I can try my hand at helping out with this, although pixel art isn't my speciality

15. iakan

iakan Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you :)

16. JunosatoRyu

JunosatoRyu Pangalactic Porcupine

Your ideas seem to gather alot of attention...

Here I try to win people for my mod with the most elaborate describtions and plans... and you just drew a crowd with a doodle.
    You have my attention, iaka.

Maybe I should try the same and use doodles to vizualize my ideas to people...

17. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

I'd love to help you out with this mod, I don't know how to do ships at the moment but I can do weapons, crafting materials and sprite work

18. iakan

iakan Void-Bound Voyager

descriptions can create various depictions, no matter how detailed they are, use images to get whats in your mind out there[DOUBLEPOST=1437777957][/DOUBLEPOST]thank you to all of you for the extremely positive feedback and help :)

19. JunosatoRyu

JunosatoRyu Pangalactic Porcupine

I should get my pen swinging then I guess...

But as it is now, I seem to have lost my main Coder AND my 2nd lead artist, leaving the project in a rather bad state...

20. iakan

iakan Void-Bound Voyager

I can try to help you if you would like