Modding Help Mod don't work with mods folder

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Sciti, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Sciti

Sciti Void-Bound Voyager

I try to use "mods" folder for my mod, but my friend(tester =) ) don't see my mod. Without new "mods" system, mod works perfectly.
    <hr>
    And another question. How i can create simple "notepad" system in game? I just want to save my coordinates to simple notepad, but i don't know how... I need to edit game code files? And, how i can make "notepad" window open, when i open my galaxy map?

Attached Files:

2. tifel100

tifel100 Void-Bound Voyager

Doubt you can open notepad from game, at least not yet. but can I have your mod.zip so I can attempt to fix it?

3. Sciti

Sciti Void-Bound Voyager

Developers add notepad function to game? I understand you right? =) Of cource you can. Mod. This mod add new crafting table, with special recipec. Crafting table crafts in player inventory (key "c")

4. love doctor

love doctor Cosmic Narwhal

its not just you i developed a mod and me and my friends have been using it and its been working great then we get this new patch with the new easier to use mod system and our mod n o longer works
    *insert rage comment about team chucklefish breaking the game here*

anyway you figured out how to work the new system so i can get this back up and running

5. Sciti

Sciti Void-Bound Voyager

Old mod system works perfectly. But new...

6. Everything works fine. Something on your end most likely. The new mod structure is not completely done and does not support things such as merging config files, or sending them to clients yet....

7. love doctor

love doctor Cosmic Narwhal

what were saying is we had the old system working not saying the new one sucks just havent been able to work it out yet i mean the old system was way easier but obviously no choice but to adapt here

8. Sciti

Sciti Void-Bound Voyager

And how i can send my mod to others, with new system?

9. cant *yet*... but later it will be done automatically when you join a server.

For now they can just download the mod and put it into their mod folders manually.