Modding Help Mod authors: I'll update your mods for Stardew 1.2 and SMAPI 1.9

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Unfortunately not, you'll need an XNB modder for that.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

I see then I will joyous.ariella maybe she can fix the XBN file.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

What has been said is the the config file for the SMAPI mod would need to be updated with any updated item ID's to match any item ID changes in ObjectInformation. But the SMAPI mod shop mod itself still works.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Minakie and Androxilogin like this.
        • BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@BrandonPotter0 More Crops is a complicated case. It consists of an XNB portion (which isn't eligible for an update), and a SMAPI portion (whose source code isn't available). I'd be willing to collaborate with the original author to help them update, but without the original author's permission it's not eligible for an update per the original post. :)

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Pathos my friend, my man. You know me its hweet! alsooo, you said to post here to get my mods updated.

http://community.playstarbound.com/...grandpas-memorial-make-your-farm-sick.115384/
            http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/smapi-underground-house-cellar-what.115735/

i dont have the source code but i am one of the authors of the mod, given i made the graphics.
            i give you permission to decompile the mod
            i don't know if i want it public, or whatever, yet -- although i know i would want @Entoarox to have access to it.

HELP ME MAKE A DETATCHED GREENHOUSE ROOM

although unrelated, i think i need to update some of my town xnb shit for my house mod because i made a pizza oven u__u
            anyway, the above two links are the ones that use smapi and this link here is just all my shit in one place:
            http://community.playstarbound.com/...dated-7-19-see-first-post-for-details.111715/
            (If anyone who's reading would want to fix that for me)

• LasurDragon

LasurDragon Astral Cartographer

Can you please update this unofficial variant of TimeSpeed mod?
              Currently, I don't have enough time to review all changes in API and your initiative seems like a good way to shorten waiting time for mod users.

Pull request would be the best option.
              And I would definitely mention you in release notes.

Thank you a lot :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@taintedwheat: I started on Wonderful Farm Life yesterday. The mod is now compatible and updated, but it needs some rewriting to fit the new farm maps:
                upload_2017-1-17_21-42-43.png

Which means I'll need to learn tile editing, and I may as well add that to the modding guides while I'm at it. I'll be a bit busy this week, but I'll let you know when I make more progress. :)

Minakie likes this.
                • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

LOL. It's like it's the lost city Atlantis!

You're the best.

ahhhh

Androxilogin likes this.
                  • fudge5962

fudge5962 Phantasmal Quasar

I'm currently using this mod. It works perfectly. What needs to be updated?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@fudge5962 It works fine, it's just a matter of updating deprecated interfaces so it will continue working in the future. :)

• Kulturbanause

Kulturbanause Phantasmal Quasar

Awesome Work Pathos to update old but gold Mods :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@taintedwheat: I rewrote the mod to support the multiple farm maps in 1.1+, make it easier to maintain, and fix a few bugs. I moved all the map overrides out of the code and into a simplified data.json file you can maintain without code. The next steps are looking into whether Advanced Location Loader is flexible enough to support your map overrides (I temporarily created my own map patcher), and finally update data.json with the map overrides for each farm map.

Minakie and taintedwheat like this.
                          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@taintedwheat: Done! ALL isn't flexible enough to handle Wonderful Farm Life yet. You have access to the updated code, and you know where to find me if you need any help with it. :)

taintedwheat likes this.
                            • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@taintedwheat Tainted Cellar updated! Sorry for the delay, SMAPI needed some attention. I sent you the updated code + release package privately as requested. :)

Screenshots:
                              upload_2017-2-14_1-46-7.png

upload_2017-2-14_1-46-25.png

Coolwyngs and Minakie like this.
                              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@LasurDragon I submitted the first pull request, which simplifies and standardises the project structure. Let me know if you disagree with any of the changes; I'll continue with the update once that PR is settled.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I'm not really a mod author, but I just wanted to leave a message reinforcing that you and Ento are the best. :)

Pathoschild likes this.
                                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@LasurDragon I submitted the final pull request which updates TimeSpeed to SMAPI 1.8 (for Stardew Valley 1.11) and SMAPI 1.9 (for Stardew Valley 1.2+). Everything seems to work fine, but I suggest testing it yourself since you're probably more familiar with the edge cases.

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Not a specific request, but just a statement: I am not currently supporting nor do I have any plans to support or update my existing mods. I'm in medical residency working 80 hours a week for the next 3 years and then hopefully fellowship working 80 hours a week for 4 years after that.

This means that all my mods including TimeSpeed, All Crops All Seasons, All Professions, Skull Cave Saver, Recatch Legendary Fish, Instant Grow Trees, All Fish All Seasons, Maximum Hay, etc are all unsupported. They are all released under a GPL 3.0 license and can be used however so long as the resulting product is also released under the GPL 3.0 license with released source code.

I encourage anyone to pick up my source code found at https://github.com/cantorsdust?tab=repositories

In addition, below is my modding folder with all source code, solution files, and a handful of edits to others' mods and a few unreleased minor tweaks that you may find useful.

https://mega.nz/#!wFEh0LyB!ypjX9gu8TfeKlTwJcXQ1w-chc1JAH84KJ7njOjDceSY

LasurDragon, Minakie and Pathoschild like this.