RELEASED Minor Character Tweaks

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Fawnd, Mar 10, 2016.

?

Any NPCs you'd like to see tweaked next?

1. Caroline

22.8%
  2. Clint

5.1%
  3. Shane

17.6%
  4. Marnie

12.5%
  5. Vincent

12.5%
  6. Gus

4.4%
  7. Jodi

11.8%
  8. Pam

10.3%
  9. Pierre

3.7%
  10. Linus

19.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Fawnd

Fawnd Void-Bound Voyager

So I've logged a fair amount of time in the game so far and after seeing so many character mods I figured I'd try my hand at making some changes of my own to the characters (mostly NPCs lmao).

I've tried to stay as close to the original sprites and limit my changes as much as possible. For the most part they're fixing things I found the original portraits/sprites didn't quite pull off or to get some unity between the sprite -> portrait switch. This is my first time sharing any mods I've made with others, though it isn't my first time modifying a game.

Not sure who all I'm going to edit, but a majority will be NPCs since it seems most people tend to leave them out of mods... And I think that it doesn't hurt to have to different options for them.
    So far I'm thinking about fixing up Caroline, Jodi, and Pierre at the least.

Please let me know if there's any issues with the mods functioning. Might take some requests/suggestions if they're reasonable or if I already planned to mod said character at some point.

Jas: Just edited her pigtails to look like normal pigtails, changed her eyes to be the same lavender color as her overworld sprite, and make her bow smaller
    [​IMG]

-

Emily: The style of her hair has bothered me since I started playing the game. It just didn't jive with me completely so I gave her a slightly longer do like her overworld sprite. Also made her eyes blue like said sprite, but also to make her resemble Haley better.
    [​IMG]

-

Demetrius: Darkened his skin to more closely resemble his overworld sprite, but also added more lines to his face to imply some age. I'd reckon he's in his 40's, at the least so it made sense for him to look it right? I considered making his hair more brown like the sprite as well, but seeing as Maru's hair is kinda purple-ish, the purple tint was fitting.
    [​IMG]

-

Robin: (sprite) Changed her hair style to a bun like in her sprite. The loose ponytail look didn't really work for her in my opinion and I feel the bun is more casual, but also a more mature look. Added lines to suggest aging to her face as well. Also purple eyes since it seemed to make more sense in relation to her children...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

-

Abigail: Just an overworld sprite edit for her. I believe her sprite's eyes were green-ish before? So I changed them to be blue like her portrait. Also removed the bow because it didn't really seem to fit her personality and the inconsistency between the portrait and sprite was bugging me.
    [​IMG]

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would you mind putting this into the Portrait Mod releases/WIP section? I am going back through several pages in this General Discussion-like area in order to find mods I missed. Would have totally missed this one otherwise. The other page would make it easier for me and others to find :) And these look amazing. I would have regretted missing them!

• BlushingCreep

BlushingCreep Phantasmal Quasar

I love this mod, Fawnd! Thanks for making it. ^.^

• Fawnd

Fawnd Void-Bound Voyager

Okay I am kind of clueless I'm sorry this is really my first time frequenting forums but.... How exactly do I go about moving a thread?;;;

• GreaterPorpoise

GreaterPorpoise Void-Bound Voyager

Great tweaks! I especially love Robin's portrait. <3

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would you mind putting this into the Portrait Mod releases/WIP section? I am going back through several pages in this General Discussion-like area in order to find mods I missed. Would have totally missed this one otherwise. The other page would make it easier for me and others to find :)
              According the Forum Moderator, The | Suit, in this thread, the mod should auto generate to the proper place when posted to the mod repository. The | Suit has been trying to contact mod authors about it. You might want to read the thread and maybe contact The | Suit if you need additional help on how the mods get to the right place. I hope this helps ^_^