1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[Mindblowing]How do people do this??

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by clr106, Jul 27, 2016.

1. clr106

clr106 Void-Bound Voyager

How do you prevent the logs from merging together??

In the first line of the square frame the logs merged as in the normal condition,but how do you achieve the effect in the second line?Please tell me, thanks in advance.

QQ图片20160728023239.png

Ok...I've asked the guy who posted the picture,he gave me this mod
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/castlevania-furniture.2807/

And thank you all for answering~

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  2. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

might ebe wood of 2 slightly different colors or 2 different wood types, or a mod (soem thinsg in the screenshot don't look vanilla i think).

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I'm gonna guess it's another log type, but I'm not entirely sure.

4. Rose756

Rose756 Guest

Mods I think. There are a few items in there I don't recognize from the vanilla game.

5. Hawklaser

Hawklaser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My guess is a mod. As can alternate foreground and background placement of wooden logs to achieve the effect, but there is a difference in there color if do it that way, foreground is a little lighter, and background a little darker. As in the base game, I have yet to find a 2nd wood block that gives you that end so far.

6. Esev

Esev Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe i didn't get what you're asking here, but isn't it how logs are placed when you hold shift?

7. Hawklaser

Hawklaser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It is, until you place them side by side, and then it will turn and merge into one log that you can't see that end of.

8. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

yes but when you place 2 of them next to each other they alter shape to a normal and long sideview of a board, they don't keep this view if you place 2 next to each other.

9. Esev

Esev Void-Bound Voyager

Oh ok got it. Interesting

10. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

We use to have 2 shades of logs, but unsure if that is still in a vanilla game. Like others have said that is the only way to do that is to have 2 different logs. So if not vanilla... Most likely a mod. I don't recognize the bed and candle thing next to it. But I haven't seen all the new content either... I recognize everything else though... maybe... unsure... Modders do some quite expansive work sometimes. :nuruhappy:

11. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

It's probably the Castlevania Furniture mod. It has 3 different types of logs. 1 for each direction.