OOC Midnight Crisis [RP DISCONTINUED]

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jirky-Kake, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirky-Kake

Jirky-Kake Phantasmal Quasar

Midnight Crisis
    (Apps are currently paused, meaning that I'll accept them if they're correctly submitted, but the character will not be in the RP until a break is reached.)
    (You might want to have a dark themed background; Bright text and white background don't work very well unless you highlight it.)
    You can find the RP here.​
    Planets have been encompassed in a never ending darkness and stars have turned as black as night. Galaxies are now threatened by a crisis that could end all life as we know it. After a few of solar systems were encapsulated by this shadowy mass of destruction, neighboring star systems are doing what they can to stop the threat. Some residents have fled to distant systems while others stay put and either hope for the best and protect. Or bring an end to this wretched galaxy...

1. What GM says, which is currently only me, is the way it goes. If I rustled your jimmies, please let me know in a PM or in the OOC chat in a respectful manner.
    2. Please be respectful towards others while in OOC. IC is fair game. ;3
    3. No god modding. I don't think I need to say this, since it's a pretty common rule for obvious reasons. (Besides, that's my job! :sarcasm:)
    4. PvP is okay, however, killing is not unless I explicitly say so before the battle started or if the losing player is okay with their character dying.
    5. Nothing meta. Just because you know doesn't mean your character knows, kay? ;)
    6. Please, for the love of everything, do not use asterisk while IC. Use narrative instead.
    7. When you're in the IC thread, use a very minimal amount of OOC and put it in (), <>, [], or anything that makes it very clear it's OOC. If it's longer than a sentence and a half, go here, please.
    8. Try to make sure you proofread a little bit. I'm pretty lenient when it comes to this since I'll probably make just as many mistakes as the next person, but at least try to keep it to a minimum.

Weapon Affinity
    All starting characters will have one level in weapon affinity. What's weapon affinity, you ask? You didn't ask that? Well, I'm telling you anyways, so strap in!!!
    Weapon affinity is how well you know your weapon. The higher the affinity, the more things you can modify about it and the better you can aim with it. Want to apply electricity to your bayonetted sniper rifle? Well, you better have high enough affinity and intelligence in weapon modifcations! Now I know what you're asking: How do I gain more affinity for my weapon?
    (I still didn't even ask that...) Well sit down, be quiet and I'll tell ya! ;3
    Weapon affinity is gained by using the weapon a lot. Weird, eh? So dropping your weapon for a new weapon will restart your affinity. Even if it's a carbon copy of the exact same thing! (Don't worry, duplicated weapons aren't going to happen.)

Common Statuses
    Incapacitated: Your character is downed and cannot get up until a few minutes pass or if someone else helps them up. While incapacitated, the character has a separate HP bar that once it reaches 0 means your character is dead. However, incapacitation doesn't mean the character can't fight back nor still attempt to flee.

Burdened: Becoming burdened means that you're carrying more than your limit, but not too much that you're overburdened. Your endurance rolls are a little more difficult and evading attacks are much less likely. Your burdened carry limit is 1.5 times the normal carry limit.

Overburdened: Now you're simply carrying way too much to even move.

Frost: This status happens when hit by an ice weapon and failure to resist the element. Once frost is gained, it takes a few minutes for it to go away. Frost lowers agility temporarily by two levels, and can stack up to ten times or until agility reaches 0. Frost is the hardest to resist, but it is also the least dangerous out of all elemental statuses.

Burning/singed: This status happens when a character either is set on fire, which inflicts burning, and/or hit by a weapon with the fire element and was failed to resist, which inflicts singed. Burning is extremely dangerous if not life threatening. If being burned alive is survived, the character will then have the singed status. Being singed is very painful and temporarily lowers sanity by one point, excelling the amount of pain your character feels from any attack. However, this only means it is easier for your character to become incapacitated and does not inflict more damage excluding the initial damage from being singed. Singed doesn't go away for a long time unless it is treated for. If singed is left untreated for too long, then the point in sanity is permanently lost. It is is the second hardest to resist and moderately dangerous.

Poison: This status happens when poison somehow enters the body and failure to resist it. Once poisoned, it lowers all stats, excluding sanity, by one level and does damage over time. Poison can only stack twice--poisoned and badly poisoned respectively--but takes a very long time for it to go away unless antitoxins are taken. It is the second easiest to resist and highly dangerous compared to the other elements if left untreated.

Stunned: This status happens when hit by electricity in some way and not resisted. It causes the victim to be stunned, causing them to be locked into place for a few seconds while also taking damage. This can be the most dangerous, as continually being stunned will render the character unable to do anything until something changes. However, being stunned is the easiest to resist, meaning you'd have to be somewhat unlucky for it to stack multiple times in a row.

Sanity
    Sanity is another stat like strength, agility, ect. However, this is not a stat that can be leveled up. Sanity changes depending on what has happened to your character. Certain events might lower or raise your sanity; becoming incapacitated due to HP hitting zero lowers your sanity by one level, so be careful out there! There are a few statuses that temporarily lower sanity as well, such as poison or being in a midnight biome for too long; give it time and it'll raise back up. All players start with five sanity (excluding champions of the midnight). The maximum is ten and the minimum is zero. Those who have lost their humanity in some way don't have to worry about sanity, as they grant no advantages or disadvantages.
    The sanity stat gives large increases/decreases for almost all the same stats that vitality, resistance, and endurance have, including resisting against the midnight.

(This will log things that are important that happens, when it happens, so nothing to detail quite yet. This will be for anyone who might want to join once we're further in)

Guilds, Cults, Raiders, and The Midnight
    With occurrence of the current events, people have started forming groups either to stop this destructive terror, benefit from the opportunities of the crisis, or do what they can to further advance the midnight. Of course, individuality is also an option.

With our worlds in danger, there's only two groups that are willing to stop this calamity before it destroys us all. We protect those who can't protect their selves and eliminate those who'd impose a threat to them. No matter who the enemy is--domineering cultists, gang bangers, or the midnight itself--we will overcome them with little to no mercy.

Amalga Guardians
    Once the midnight biome started terraforming planets, there was an immediate need for protectors. Thus, Amalga was created in an attempt to replace or further staff enforcements. Their main directive is to stop the midnight from spreading at all costs and dealing with cults appropriately. However, they are also commonly seen protecting cities from raiders or cultists. They are allied with S.A.M and enemies of all raiders, cults and the midnight.

S.A.M
    S.A.M (Scientific Analysis on the Midnight) was also formed after the midnight became a universal problem. Their main objective--as the name entitles--is to research the midnight and find ways to counteract its advances. Thus far, not much has been able to be completed due to the extreme dangers midnight biomes now possess. It's fairly common for S.A.M researchers to be accompanied by Amalga, as they both are allies and are high-priority targets for cults. They share the same enemies with the Amalga.

The purge of this universe is nigh. The sinners and liars of this world shall be sent to damnation from the encapsulating righteousness called the midnight. Once all the planets and stars form the black, twilit constellations of this universe that shall spill the blood of the miscreants of this universe will be the day of our salvation. Our sacrifices made will be our chances to be reborn as beings of the midnight.

Twilight Constell
    Almost as elusive as the midnight they are zealously sworn to protect, the Twilight's main objective is to do what they can to further spread the midnight. However, due to the midnight's extremely aggressive behavior, it's impossible to ally with them and most avoid any type of contact. It seems that this cult knows well in advance where the next midnight strike will happen before anyone else. This cult believes that the midnight is a tool to purge all that is evil within the galaxy, restarting the entire universe. They have no allies.

This universe wasn't made for the weak, and there ain't no rest for the wicked. If you want any chance to survive this midnight crap, I'm sure you'd be smart to join a group who isn't afraid to get their hands a little dirty. With gang members at your back, and law enforcements scattered, it's time to take what's rightfully yours!

Crimson Eclipse
    Crimson Eclipse is a gang, preferring to take territory other than stealing or robbing and excel in destruction and vandalism. Their tactics consist mainly of brute force and overwhelming numbers. They formed just weeks before the midnight crisis, rumoring that their name could be more than just coincidence. Eclipse members are very open about their gang affiliation and commonly move in large packs of 8 or more. They get weapons and wares from an unknown supplier and are enemies of the Rough Fighters.

Rough Fighters
    The Rough Fighters are raiders, preferring to steal and rob than take territory and excel in infiltration and in some cases, espionage. Their tactics consist mainly of hit and run and flanking their enemy. Despite the name, it's an uncommon to see them fight directly head on, but they are an old group, so it might of been different before. RF usually move in small sizes of 4 or less, sometimes even by their self, and would not make it obvious they're affiliated with a gang, less they give up their element of surprise. They also do not know who they get their weapons and wares from, and are enemies of the Crimson Eclipse.

[REDACTED]
    (This is NOT a joinable group) [S.A.M LOG ENTRY] Information about this group is unknown, and their objective is obscure. All that is known about this group seems to be the one supplying both sides of the Rough Fighters and Crimson Eclipse while they seem to show great interest in the midnight, as identical unmarked ships have made voyages out to midnight planets. No ship ever returns from this, making it seem that these may be automated ships.

We are but one covenant, and we seek to destroy all that is touched by light. We will not fail, and we will see it that this galaxy is eradicated of any form of light, shrouding the universe back into the darkness just like it was when first created... We, the midnight as you may call us, are the first beings ever to exist. Before there was light, there was what you thought was nothingness. Our power is unmeasurable, so much that what we touch rejects light, and what touches us becomes dark. You will listen to what we say, or you will succumb before us...

Champions of the Midnight
    (This is NOT available at the start. However, it may be joinable later in the RP. Joining grants extra levels.) Those who entered the realm of shadows that were powerful beings would be repurposed by the midnight other than discarded, using their power as their own. While champions lose their sanity when becoming a vessel for the midnight, they still however retain their personality and memories. Unlike other beings of the midnight, Champions can not spread the midnight borders on their own, but they do have the ability to leave the biome if they choose to do so. This allows champions to roam outside of the midnight biomes and appear as a normal being. However, doing so would cause them to suffer from major disadvantages.

Name:

Age(In earth years, please):

Race(Any race from the Starbound universe. Put a link if it's from a mod please!):

Faction: (Can be left blank)

Stats: (Maximum of 80 points total! 10 is average and 25 is max, except for accuracy and melee which is 30. Choose wisely! ;3)
    Strength:
    Perception:
    Accuracy:
    Melee:
    Vitality:
    Resistance:
    Endurance:
    Agility:
    Charisma:
    Intelligence:

(TIP: You might want to have at least 1 point in all stats, but it's entirely up to you~. ;3)

Strength: The stronger your character, the more likely brute force will work in their favor. Strength makes your melee attacks stronger and slightly more accurate. Higher strength also means stronger ranged and melee weapons can be equipped.
    Pros: Melee can deal massive damage if enough points are put in strength
    Cons: For melee attacks, they have less priority than a gun, meaning that they attack last a majority of the time and require getting in close

Perception: This makes rolls based on spotting hidden hostiles/objects and noticing withheld information easier. Countering attacks are also easier to perform.
    Pros: It increases both ranged and melee aim along with evasion
    Cons: These are small increments compared to accuracy, melee, and agility

Accuracy: This increases aim with ranged attacks.
    Pros: Largest increment in aim
    Cons: Aim is all it increases, nothing else

Melee: This increases aim with melee attacks.
    Pros: Largest increment in aim
    Cons: Aim is all it increases, nothing else

Vitality: Vitality is the foundation for defense, granting higher total HP, pain tolerance, and total HP when incapacitated.
    Pros: Best stat for general defense
    Cons: grants no defenses against elemental weapons or poisons by itself

Resistance: Being resilient differs from vitality, protecting characters from what vitality can't cover. It makes characters less likely to be poisoned, suffer an elemental status, and become prone to infections and diseases.
    Pros: Best defense stat for elemental weapons, poisons, and diseases
    Cons: offers little protection to physical attacks by itself

Endurance: Endurance grants the ability to carry more items at once and endure through inclement weather/midnight biomes. Higher endurance also allows the usage of heavier armors.
    Pros: For characters with low strength, high endurance is a second way of equipping heavier weapons; This is the only stat (excluding sanity) that protects from the midnight biomes.
    Cons: Endurance requires more skill points than strength if a heavier weapon is wanting to be equipped

Agility: Agility makes evading attacks easier and performing successful agility/dexterity rolls more likely. Agility unlocks certain skills at higher levels as well, such as parrying a melee attacker.
    Pros: Grants skills based off of countering and reflecting enemy attacks.
    Cons: Perception has larger increments for countering and reflecting, meaning both stats would have to be relatively high to take advantage of the skills

Charisma: Being charismatic allows characters to have followers while persuasion, bribery, and intimidations are more likely to successful, opening up more possible outcomes to certain scenarios.
    Pros: Followers will help characters in fights and may offer skills that the player might not have
    Cons: This offers nothing during a fight. (However, a silver-tongue might be able to talk their way out of a sticky situation)

Intelligence: Being intelligent allows a character to be more successful with craft, tech skills, and can gain weapon affinity a little faster than those who aren't as smart.
    Pros: Most things that require any sort of know-how-to, such as applying bandages, are based off this stat roll
    Cons: This offers nothing during a fight. (However, a quick-thinker might be able to whip something up very quickly to ease a bad situation)

Here's a link to passive abilities that each stat grants at certain levels https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hI0wAK1bCd5ZHkfrbD1ZFsa_H2n1TO1QA-ai0-pHAPc/edit?usp=sharing

Traits: (Within reason, you can put as many good/neutral/bad traits as you want at any ratio so long as they aren't overpowered. They can be as simple as more points in a specific stat or unique as great skill in cooking. However, those with more effective good traits than bad traits won't have nearly as much "luck" than someone with more bad traits than good.) (Luck is a fancy way of me saying mercy. ;3)

Equipment: These are weapons, armor, clothing, accessories, etc. Pretty much anything that is currently equipped to your person.

Appearance: (Physical description or a picture is fine.)

Backstory: (You don't have to go great into detail, but it'd be appreciated!)

Once your character is accepted, you'll find a detailed document of them here. You might want to check it once you've been accepted to see how much HP you have and other important things. (If I remembered to put the link here, that is...)

If there's anything that I forgot, should add, you have a question about. Message me here or PM me, please!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    Jareix Cryvix, SneakyBox and Arra like this.
  2. Jirky-Kake

Well! I'm finally finished constructing this RP! If you're interested in joining, please go ahead and submit an application! :3

Arra likes this.
  3. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

This looks to be an interesting start for a roleplay, and I'll put together an application later. It's been a while since I've played as a Dusty. In regards to the character app, I'm surprised you have no section for the character's backstory or personality. Is this something you forgot or just something you don't find necessary for your RP?

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't see it nestled under the stat explanations.

Arra and Jirky-Kake like this.
  4. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Ooh, this is interesting. Application time! Hey! Could I be a Champion of Midnight?

Edit: Nevermind on the Champion thingy.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Jirky-Kake likes this.
  5. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Name: Tachyon
    Race: Human
    Faction: Amalga
    Stats
    Strength: 4
    Perception: 10
    Accuracy: 20
    Melee: 3
    Vitality: 4
    Resistance: 5 ( And yes, he does have a suit to wear. He rarely takes it off. )
    Endurance: 7
    Agility: 14
    Charisma: 3
    Intelligence: 10

Traits:

Hardlight Generator: His hardlight generator on his left hand has many uses. The main one he uses it for is temporary cover.
    Boom! Headshot! : He has great aim, although assisted by his mask.

Wh...why them? : He has a ridiculously crippling fear of losing his friends.

(Couldn't think of a name for this trait :/ ) Although he may seem calm and happy on the outside, his mind is shattered beyond repair, fear crippling him at random times.

Equipment: Hardlight Generator- On left hand. Impervium filament cape. Ion rifle- ( Think Binary rifle from Halo:4 ) Tachyon class armor set- ( Built for speed, lithe Grey and yellow Mecha like armor under his cape )
    Appearance: His mask/helmet is a simple grey head with a yellow V symbol starting where the chin would be. Four fingered hands and a thin lithe body. His ion rifle folds up to a compact and manageable size. Under his a mask is a face of a young man with crisp shaggy red hair and sky blue eyes.
    Backstory:

Initialize Armistice-190 protocol:

Meson: Requirements not met for deployment

Tachyon: Requirements met

Baryon: Requirements not met

"Tachyon....Tachyon wake up, your needed. "

" Ungh...What? "

" I don't have much time, take your suit and go. The compound will resume lockdown soon. "

" Wha? Bu- "

" I said go. You are needed. "

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  6. Jirky-Kake

Oh shoot. That's not supposed to be like that. :p
    Fixed. :3
    Sorry! I should've specified that. Yes, it does need to be canon/apart of the Starbound Universe, including if it's from a mod.

Also, you seem to have nothing under resistance, but your points add up to 80. Just making sure, did you want 0 in resistance? If so, your character will be highly susceptible to diseases simply in the atmosphere unless wearing some sort of environment suit/shield.

Arra likes this.
  7. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Whoops, Lemme fix that then.

8. Jirky-Kake

Okay. I should've added a warning about how I might of forgotten certain aspects that are very important, such as what the will stat actually increases/decreases, so I added that along with something I forgot about champions of the midnight. Once again, I apologize!

Arra likes this.
  9. Jirky-Kake

Alright. Now you're 5 points short. Will isn't a stat you need to specify since you automatically start with 5 no matter what at no cost of stat points. :rofl:

EDIT: I added a common status aliments snippet in the important details section. Check it out! :3

Arra likes this.
  10. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Fixed! ...again

11. Jirky-Kake

Everything looks good! I'll go ahead and make you a document for your character in the meantime. :3

Edit: Your character has been added! Welcome aboard! ;3

Arra likes this.
  12. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

Finally finished that character app.

Name: Clark Howell, better know as 'Dusty Oswald'

Race: Human

Faction: Amalga Guardians

Stats: (Maximum of 80 points total! 10 is average and 25 is max, except for accuracy and melee which is 30.)
    Strength: 11
    Perception: 7
    Accuracy: 5
    Melee: 11
    Vitality: 10
    Resistance: 8
    Endurance: 5
    Agility: 12
    Charisma: 4
    Intelligence: 7

Traits:
    + Animalistic Modifications: Through unknown means, Dusty has obtained strange changes to his body, which include paw pads on his feet and hands, sharper teeth, better senses of hearing and smell and most notably, a prehensile tail the same color of his hair.
    + Whirlwind Blades: During his time at the monastery he grew up in, Dusty was trained in a strange form of combat which involves constant movement across a battlefield, otherwise known as 'parkour'. This gives him an advantage moving in combat and in climbing.

- Distrustful: Ever since leaving his monastery, Dusty has become distrustful of most he encounters, seeing most people in the galaxy as evil and self-serving. He doesn't warm to new companions easily.
    - Blood Knight: Dusty throws himself at any chance to fight, always ready to show off his martial prowess. This and his natural lack of tack leads to many confrontations of violence.

Equipment:
    A simple, steel greatsword from his monastery
    Combat armor for his body and legs, but no boots
    Breathing apparatus for toxic environments
    Tribal mask, signifying his place in the order of his monastery

Appearance:
    Dusty is 5'8" tall and has a thin, well-toned body, one that has gone through much physical training. His hair of medium length, and a light shade of dusty brown, as well as completely unkempt. His most notable characteristics are is brown striped tail, the padded hands and feet, and the fact he no longer wears shoes. Several scars can be seen on his hands feet, and the gaps in his mask, giving credence to the many battles he's fought in.

Backstory:
    Clark was left at the doorstep of the Whirlwind Blades, a monastic order built on the ideals of mobility and speed being the utmost important in life. Clark was raised in the order as a perfect disciple, becoming fleet of foot and sharp with a blade. As his training came to a close with his induction into the order, the tower of the monastery came under attack. The Midnight attacked the planet, and the Whirlwind Blades held off their champions as they helped organize transport off world for nearby settlements. While Clark was ready to fight, the head of the order forced him to help with the evacuations, and was placed on a ship himself. Clark watched as the planet fell to Midnight, and swore revenge upon them, and joined the Amalga Guardians as soon as he heard of them. During his time before joining the guardians, he was greeted by what could only be called a spirit on a dangerous forest world. Somehow, the being was able to join with Clark, giving him the memories, physical traits and name of one called Dusty Oswald. Despite this odd encounter, it did not stop the newly christened Dusty from continuing towards his revenge.

Jirky-Kake and Arra like this.
  13. Arra

Arra The End of Time

{ Tachyon nudges Dusty with the muzzle of his Ion rifle }

" Your a human? Geez, I've been asleep longer than I thought. "

14. Jirky-Kake

Welcome aboard, soldier!

"Seems like there's already a few Amalga Guardians. What a bunch of good-goodies." :sneaky:

EDIT: Specified the amount of stat points midnight champions start out with, which is 100. This isn't true anymore. Sowwy. ;n;

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Arra likes this.
  15. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Hey Jirky, can I request something?

16. Jirky-Kake

You sure can.

17. Arra

Arra The End of Time

On Tachyon's gun, can we slim the magazine size to 6 with a boost to damage?

Edit: His Ion rifle is the weaponized lovechild of a railgun and star cruisers main artillery.

18. Jirky-Kake

Depends. Is this Ion rifle like a bolt-action or is it semi automatic? Bolt-action being that it takes a second or two to put the next bullet in the chamber.

Arra likes this.
  19. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Bolt action.

20. Jirky-Kake

I added two damage to the weapon. I can't add too much because it can't be a high recoil weapon due to the lack of strength. (Unless you want to do a strength roll each time you use the weapon. ;3)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.