MIA Marlon [help] - SOLVED

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Karmylla, Feb 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hello everyone,

I don't know why but Marlon has disappeared from my game.
    The mines event still happens and he does appear, but only then. He is not in the Guild and he doesn't appear on the Egg festival, which makes me assume he won't appear on any of the other festivals. His .xnb files are fine, I've checked them, which makes me think this has something to do with SMAPI, but I might be wrong!
    What worries me is that I tried playing the game without any mods, and he still wouldn't appear...

I've uploaded my save file and the ErrorLog, as well as my Mods folder, in case someone would like to help!
    Thank you!

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Marlon's entry seems to be missing from your save files. You can probably copy/paste that bit from another save and it should fix it.

EDIT: Think I fixed it for you here. Also had to fix a format error (your save info had "<characters />" for one of the closing entries when it should have been "</characters>") to get it to work. It should work fine with this.

EDIT DOS: Also, didn't fix the "_old" file, so if you need that for some reason lemme know unless you can fix it yourself; shouldn't matter though if you don't want to roll back a day.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
        Karmylla likes this.
      • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

It works, THANK YOU!
        Though now I must wonder, how did this happen? Because I made new saves and they were all missing Marlon! What could I have done that made this happen?

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I was having the same problem when I was using the SMAPI version of your guild map edit. Once I stopped using it and just dropped the file on XnbLoader (map on Maps and the weapons on Content) Marlon just reappeared.
          Not really sure whether or not that's related or not because I was having the same issue with Willy (he'd show up on the event and give me my fishing rod and then he'd be gone, even from the Social tab) and I still have no clue how I made him reappear as well.