1. This forum is for website and forum feedback ONLY. Please post Starbound bugs in the Support section. Any game-specific threads in this forum will be deleted.

Bug/Issue Message Counter Frozen(?!)

Discussion in 'Website Feedback/Issues' started by Hidari, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

My number of messages that I see reported on the main page seems to have halted at 21. It's been at 21 for a while now; I've since made my own thread (and posted in it several times), posted in others' threads, and yet, 21 it remains.

It's not that big of a deal in my opinion, but I felt I should at least say something.

Edit: Of course, it flips up to 22 after making THIS thread, but it's been 21 all weekend, regardless of the number of posts I've made. :I

2. Not all areas of the forum count towards your message count. A lot of the forums under the "Social" category don't, for example.

3. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

That's a little weird. I assume there's a reason for this? ;o

4. Originally it was to encourage discussions in the "on-topic" forums, but also because the social forums are generally more relaxed and more likely to stray from the topic (if there's one) or consist of lower quality posts (for example, chat-like threads and forum games). Not counting posts means that moderation can be more lax with the rules relating to that since it doesn't "affect" anything.

If there's an area that doesn't make sense to not count towards post count, we can look into/discuss it.

5. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

I see. Thank you for getting me up to speed, then. ;o This is the first forum that I've seen this kind of restriction on post counting; it struck me as really odd at first. Nevermind me, then. It's a feature, not a bug. ;3