Modding Help Merging Hairstyles?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by nikiforov, Feb 9, 2017.

1. nikiforov

nikiforov Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, all! Once upon a time, I had some sort of template of where the hairstyles needed to be placed in order to work in the game (at least, iirc it was for the hairstyles), but I seem to have lost it. I wanted to merge a few hairstyle mods together for private/personal use, but I'm not sure how far apart the hairstyles need to be from each other and etc. I know how to unpack XNB files and I have an image editor, I just need to know the placement.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

I took a look at the hairstyles sheet.

It appears that every hairstyle(front,back, and side graphic included) fits in a 16x96 box.
      But, for the individual graphics(front,side & back by themselves); it's 16x32.
      The main hair on the head is 16x16, but to add in some of the extra length they use the 16x16 square directly below them; hence 16x32.

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I think the file you're referring to is this one: Hairstyle Threshold.png

It works, but men and women are different heights in the game, so once you get them placed you may want to go in and tweak the placement by a pixel or two to get it to line up.
        Hope that helps :)

• nikiforov

Thanks, that helped a lot! I was able to use the rulers in photoshop to create kind of a guide with that info. Appreciated!

MysticTempest likes this.
          • nikiforov

Oh, yes, that's it! Thank you. Both the image and your tip helps a lot.

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

No problem, also as I've been working on the hair I've realized in most cases the top of the hair for men should be about 3 pixels from the top of the threshold box, where women it's 4. Now, it's not from the top of, say, a ponytail, but rather the scalp.