1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Memory leak?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by WhoIsYou, Feb 19, 2017.

1. WhoIsYou

WhoIsYou Space Hobo

I have rented a game server and there seems to be some sort of memory leak going on. The memory usage keeps increasing as we play and doesn't decrease even if no one is logged in. Only when the server is restarted memory usage drops.

We are playing version 1.2.2. No mods. Completely vanilla as far as I can tell. We have tried starting a new universe and the issue persists. What are the potential causes?

[​IMG]

2. Megumin

Megumin Guest

>some mods can cause lags
    >upgrade your graphics card drivers
    >disable vsync

3. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

As stated, he is not using mods.

What are you doing in your server? Switching in and out of mission areas? Terraforming? Are each of your friends on different planets?

Just trying to see if I can pinpoint a logical reason through the server's playstyle

4. WhoIsYou

WhoIsYou Space Hobo

Generally just exploring planets and collecting stuff. No terraforming yet. We are all new to the game and not doing anything unusual, really. We haven't played prior to 1.2.2.

We have rented a server from a different hosting service now. Maybe the trouble was caused by the server provider and not the game itself. If so, this will hopefully resolve the issue.

5. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Your playstyle doesnt really sound too demanding for the server. So maybe a different provider maybe the breakthrough you need

Im sorry I couldnt be much help to you. But hopefully it resolves your issues.