1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Melee or Shooting

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by jjjason99, Jun 26, 2012.

?

would you rather have more shooting or melee weapons in the game?

1. shooting

78.8%
  2. melee

58.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InfractaPullus

InfractaPullus Void-Bound Voyager

Both, of course. Actualy i would suggest to make meele weapons more effective versus bosses, but it seems it is what gona happen. In terraria, we can be damaged just from touching boss, in starbound it wont be like that, so all meele weapons gona be more effective. Just need make sure, then can do some great dps. :)

2. Noc

Noc Guest

I loved, in Terraria, the boomerang type weopon. I hope we see something similar here.

3. Yvisisa

Yvisisa Orbital Explorer

melee:)

4. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

Ranged is probably better above ground and melee in tight tunnels.
    Maybe I'll use a ranged weapon on left click and melee on right click. :)
    Then again the shields seem really interesting, too!

I'll probably switch around a lot.
    As for the poll I vote... both. ha!
    Just because I can. ;)

5. InfractaPullus

InfractaPullus Void-Bound Voyager

Vote bit incorrect. Need make just 3rd option, called both and dun let people chose multiple. We would probably see result as "both" dominating.

6. Nerd

Nerd Subatomic Cosmonaut

Both, but probably melee most of the time.. easy to use, and I just like it, since I'm used to using melee weapons. :DD
    I like shooting stuff, though. It's more fun, but my aim is worse than a rock.. no matter what. :(

7. God Emperor

God Emperor Void-Bound Voyager

i choose both I wish for a power sword/axe/claw/fist on one hand and a good old bolter an the other :rofl: now that makes you feel like a God

LastDay likes this.
  8. DarkDXZ

DarkDXZ Phantasmal Quasar

Umm...Clearly depends.
    I have a personal bias towards long-range weapons, like sniper rifles (which are already confirmed), but melee weapons are fine, too.

Although, I would probably turn out to be just an utility-support sort of player, ultimately.
    I clearly play too much Pyro in TF2.

9. Kristopher

Kristopher Phantasmal Quasar

Same but i be rolling with a handgun and a Katana in the left.:up::cool:

10. KCFOS

KCFOS Void-Bound Voyager

I think I'd consider myself a melee user, but I'd rather have more ranged weapons as they have more ways of being unique. For instance I think a bow, a pistol, a rail gun, and a couple melee items would lead to a funner game, rather than an entire arsenal of swords and flails. That's not to say a variety of both wouldn't be great, in fact I believe the devs have said the weapons are randomly generated, leading to thousands of possible variations.

11. ThatAmazingPerson

ThatAmazingPerson Existential Complex

Mostly guns and bows. I gotta have dem guns.

12. Sol Pruina

Sol Pruina Over 9000!!!

Melee... I think... Can't be so sure yet.

13. TheGrandTr0ll

TheGrandTr0ll Yeah, You!

Im more of a ranged person meh self.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.