1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Meet the Zygorians

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by NebulaSquid, Feb 22, 2017.

?

Is this a good idea for a mod?

Poll closed May 22, 2017.
  1. Yes!

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No.

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. NebulaSquid

NebulaSquid Seal Broken

(Zi-gore-ee-ins)
    Quick Summary
    The Zygorians are a race of four-eyed human-like people, bearing a heavy resemblance to Moontants (the creatures at the beginning of The Erchius Mining Facility quest).

Physical Description

As previously mentioned, Zygorians bear a heavy resemblance to Moontants, sharing the same shape of the head (roughly triangular). Their differences is that Zygorians have four eyes (arranged like the points of a square), normal, three-fingered hands, a tail, and small back fins. Their two head tentacles can be arranged in many different poisitons, for hair styles. Their face ends in a small tentacle that is straight and stiff.

History

Moontants and Zygorians have evolved from the same ancestors, but while Moontants have remained monsters, Zygorians have gone on to live in peace. Their technology rivals, and in some cases bypasses, the knowledge of the Apex. They refer to Moontants as "lesser Zygorians"
    They were furious when the Cultivator did not allow them an artifact, and in rage they attempted to manufacture their own. They keep this artificial artifact in their security complex known as the Hex, guarded by the most ferocious warriors and traps.

If any of you liked this, please leave a comment. If any of you would like to mod it into the game, do so. Ask me if you want to know what it looks like: I can send you a drawing.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound Discussions.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

3. NebulaSquid

NebulaSquid Seal Broken

Ok!

4. Iris Blanche

Also note that 1 word posts are frowned upon the forum rules and usually are considered as spam. ^^'

Regards
    Iris Blanche

5. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

I thought Moontants were corrupted humans (and presumably other races?) due to their proximity to erchius for long periods of time?

I don't want to break the lore of your idea, just trying to get my information right.

Katorone likes this.
  6. NebulaSquid

NebulaSquid Seal Broken

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how to fix that. Maybe the original, non-corrupted Moontants could have turned the miners into corrupted Moontants, or something like that.
    I'll have to think about that.
    Thanks for pointing out the problem!

Oh, ok. I'm sorry.

pop-yotheweird likes this.
  7. Iris Blanche

It's fine it was just a reminder. :nuruhappy:
    (okay i feel bad for that now but) Please avoid double posting. >w< I merged your posts but please use the edit function in the future.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

8. pop-yotheweird

could be something like... the Erchuis Horror isn't a "unique" creature. there could be a long-lost off-shoot species that was much smaller and more localized to, say, a "watery" planet. let's call this off-shoot zygnius potensis (shorthand plural zygni), "potensis" from the Latin word potens meaning able/strong/potent and "zygnius" being a self-given name by the Zygnorians to describe their ancient selves. despite the local fauna, zygni were resourceful (like, the zygni could pull a cordyceps move to feed/protect themselves); while not being apex predators at first, they quickly climbed the ladder through their unique method of self-preservation. these zygni would evolve over millennia to their current state, becoming the Zygnorians.

something like that maybe?

9. TaterChipp007

TaterChipp007 Master Chief

As someone who has been scrolling the "meet that Randallsons" threads, I can notice the similarities between this and 'The Norans' idea. Say, the four eyes, and the three-fingered hands. Not saying this is bad, just pointing out the similarities.

10. NebulaSquid

NebulaSquid Seal Broken

That sounds great! Mind if I add it?

11. pop-yotheweird

by all means, it's yours lol. I did it as a thought experiment but if it suits your needs then don't let me stop you.

if you need any more help, let me know! I love creating cultures and histories and stuff.

12. NebulaSquid

NebulaSquid Seal Broken

Thanks! I also enjoy creating histories and all that.

pop-yotheweird likes this.
  13. NebulaSquid

NebulaSquid Seal Broken

I'm making a mod of the Zygorian race now! Unfortunately I don't know if it'll work because I only know how to make crafting recipies, ore generation on worlds, ores and bars.
    So far: two codexes, race selecting boxes, animations, hair styles. I'm almost certain that I've missed something really important.
    If anyone knows how to mod in a race, please, please help me.