OOC Medievalbound (Apps Closed)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Alkanthe, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

No worries, I'm certainly not in a hurry.

Alkanthe likes this.
  2. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

Name: Miratha "sharp-tooth" Stoutmantle. Her friends call her Mira.
    Race: Avali

Build (what size/shape is your character?): Slim, but tone body build. Standing a tall 3'1"
    Appearance (physical appearance, including clothes and armor): Tone body, completely white. Miratha wears tribal fur clothes adorned with bone jewelry and horns on the hood/head piece, a single scar traces down through her left eye

Belongings (whatever your character carries with them): Hunting javelin, backpack, hand axe, sleeping bag, one-man tent, walking stick
    Strengths (it is actually possible to have a too-weak character, don't ignore these!): High endurance, patience, sharp-eyed, fairly strong in terms of raw strength, highly adaptable to her surroundings, sensitive nose, sensitive hearing
    Flaws (not just appearance, but actually affecting the character): Uncomfortable with warmer temperatures; not fond of fire, sensitive nose, blinding lights have longer effects, sharp/loud and sudden noises can incapacitate her and have longer effects compared to others

Backstory: As a part of the nomadic hunter-gatherer Avali pack in the north, Miratha grew up living life day to day as though they were her last. Food was always scarce for those who didn't hunt, forcing her to scavenge all that she could from her hunts. Furs were used for clothing herself, meat and marrow for food, bone for tools and jewelry. The pack moved with the seasons, heading northward during the spring and summer to the frozen lands for bigger prey such as polar bears as their pelts and meat were exceptional during those seasons. They would migrate southward during the fall and winter months to escape the frigid and barren lands to hunt and forage the now bountiful high-lands. As her 19th birthday has recently passed, Miratha took up the reins of her life and set out for new lands to carve her own tale.

Theme Song (totally optional but looks cool): Antti Martikainen - Throne of the North

Basic Skills (each should be a number from 0-6 and the total should add up to 27)
    Strength (lifting things or hitting people): 5
    Agility (how good are you at running away?): 3
    Perception (sensing what's around you): 4
    Intelligence (how well you can learn, and/or how much you know): 3
    Constitution (determines how much damage you can take, or how long you can keep doing something): 3
    Charisma (how well do people like you and what you have to say?): 2
    Dexterity (handling a sword, holding things, picking a lock): 4
    Will (constitution against mental stresses): 3

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    Arra and Alkanthe like this.
  3. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Name: Delzin Einstraad
    Race: Human
    Build: Slim, yet sturdy body. He is 5'8 feet tall. Silver hair, light orange eyes.
    Appearance: Smaller build, wearing a thin plate armor with no helm. Wearing what seems to be a half cape/shroud.
    Belongings: Glaive, backup shortsword and shield.
    Strengths: Smart, quick, determined, Chivalrous.
    Flaws: Not too strong, Doesn't get along with people, too determined.
    Backstory: He had a normal life, helping his family with chores etc. His father was a solider in the army. One day while his father was on campaign with the army word was received that he was killed in the most recent battle. His family was heartbroken. He promised his family that he would protect the kingdom that his father gave his life to defend.

Theme Song:

Strength: 2
    Agility: 5
    Perception: 3
    Intelligence: 4
    Constitution: 3
    Charisma: 1
    Dexterity: 3
    Will: 6

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    CondescendedWow and Alkanthe like this.
  4. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

Name (full name plus any nicknames): Spymaster Eserci Ventello, generally just referred to as Ventello, although he often operates under pseudonyms.

Image References (optional but recommended): To Be Added At A Later Date

Race (includes all canon species from the Starbound universe; ask about mod or other non-canon races): Phobe

Age (in Human years please, since it's what we're all used to, but you can include relative age/maturity for their species): 34-ish

Build (what size/shape is your character?): Tall and slight of build- not built for physical combat. Ventello appears almost sickly and frail.

Appearance (physical appearance, including clothes and armor): Ventello's true appearance is often obscured, but it is characteristic. His true mask is simple and owl-like, the colour of candlewax. Eerily, two diamond-shaped pupils twinkle from each of the mask's two eyeholes. Ventello can alter the colour of his eyes at will, a talent he's had since birth. He walks with a stoop, but is able to alter his style of movement to match his many guises. When not wearing a disguise, he drapes himself in a long, billowing cloak fastened with an emerald broach. He habitually wears gloves that cover burns on both of his hands. Generally, Ventello travels with a satchel over his shoulder containing many trinkets, sketches, plans, and information.

Belongings (whatever your character carries with them): In his satchel, Ventello carries a series of changes of clothes as well as several extra masks to disguise himself with. It also contains parchments and pencils and a bound book containing secrets and information he's gathered, all written in a code of Ventello's own design. Although he doesn't often use violence, he always carries a small, wickedly sharp dagger and a vial of poison that's extremely deadly to all races except Novakid (who seem to be immune to all poisons).

Strengths (it is actually possible to have a too-weak character, don't ignore these!): Ventello is a veritable genius. He's cunning, ruthless, and always two steps ahead of everyone else. He's also adept at disguise, being able to change his voice and persona in the blink of an eye. Being a spy, Ventello is a natural liar and highly perceptive of his surroundings. He's amazingly patient, and will wait as long as necessary for the perfect opportunity to fall into place.

Flaws (not just appearance, but actually affecting the character): Physically, Ventello is very weak and frail. He was born a sickly child and never fully recovered. He also possesses a terrible memory, and tends constantly write things down. Ventello's outstanding patience can work against him, and he tends to err on the side of caution. Despite being nouveau riche himself, he tends to be pretentious towards his underlings and those less intelligent or worldly as him.

Backstory (including why the character is coming/came/lives in Fortuna): The enigmatic spymaster to the Green Lord is a highly intelligent Phobe born with the name Ventello to immigrant parents. Phobe in Fortuna are generally looked on as second-class citizens because of their foreign nature and eerie appearance. Unable to progress upwards in social standing due to his lowborn heritage, Ventello jumped at the chance to join the ranks of the Green Army, where any peasant could be an officer if they possessed the right mettle. His cunning allowed him to quickly jump through the ranks as one of the Green Lord's trusted advisors. Now he lies in wait in the kingdom, posed as a humble castle servant. The secretive and genius spymaster loyally gathers information and relays it to the Green Lord, patiently planning the perfect mode of attack to seize the kingdom.

Theme Song (totally optional but looks cool): Sonata in D Minor, K. 517, Domenico Scarlatti

Etc: If magic powers ever become a thing, Ventello would jump at the chance for some of that sweet, sweet eldritch power.

Basic Skills (each should be a number from 0-6 and the total should add up to 27)
    Strength (lifting things or hitting people): 1
    Agility (how good are you at running away?): 2
    Perception (sensing what's around you): 5
    Intelligence (how well you can learn, and/or how much you know): 6
    Constitution (determines how much damage you can take, or how long you can keep doing something): 2
    Charisma (how well do people like you and what you have to say?): 5
    Dexterity (handling a sword, holding things, picking a lock): 2
    Will (constitution against mental stresses): 4

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    Alkanthe and Arra like this.
  5. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Hmm, looks to be a pretty powerful character, but I like how you've balanced that with his excess of caution. I think I'll accept that.

To all of you who are still waiting, Medievalbound will be a slow paced project because of the sheer amount of stuff that needs to be done, and the number of characters involved. Some of you may have to wait a while to be introduced.

6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

So many Novakid. Why are there so many Novakid around Fortuna?
    I don't know how a guard from the street could become heir to the throne, except through marriage... but I guess we'll find out, won't we? There's only one thing I can see here: you have one too many skill points. You'll have to take a skill point away from one of Solar's skills, unfortunately.

Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  7. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

too many people like cowboys. i mean, nova makes sense in nook's case

Alkanthe and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Novakid are supposed to be rare.... *sigh* and yes, Nook is a fine example of a Novakid.
    Speaking of which, I might've doodled a picture of him.

[​IMG]

9. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

How the hell did you manage to make him look like a conman without facial features?! 10/10!

10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Posture, I guess? Thank you! Glad it's to your satisfaction!

zeskorion and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  11. Gilligan Lanley

It's that dashing coat of his.

Alkanthe likes this.
  12. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

I have compiled 3 distinct features. The hair, the color of the coat, the shoulders. The padded shoulders. That is what really makes it

Alkanthe likes this.
  13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Okay, so.
    @ShinigamiX , you still need to update your character application (removing the guns and replacing with crossbows, hand crossbows are okay).
    @Roland Weiss , yours looks fine, you're accepted.
    @Gilligan Lanley , yours looks good, you have one too many skill points however. Also, I'm not sure about the height, it's pretty short. Is that normal for Avali?
    @Arra , on second glance, your character seems rather... average. I think it may be better if he weren't a Novakid, though you don't have to change that. Also, I doubt he'd make a very good royal guard (or thief, for that matter) if he's not vigilant at all. You may want to start over.

Also, I've doodled some of the characters who'll be in Medievalbound.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Alan, Ventrello, and an NPC named Henri.

14. Arra

Arra The End of Time

That better Alkane?

15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Let me see.

16. Gilligan Lanley

Made the adjustment. Most avali are usually around the 3ft mark in height.

Alkanthe likes this.
  17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Okay, I think I can accept this now.

Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  18. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Ive revamped my character, he is now hopefully better.

Alkanthe likes this.
  19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Yes, I believe you said that. Okay, that's suitable, Einstraad is in.

20. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Woohoo! Im in!

Tatterdemalion and Alkanthe like this.