1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Me and friend cant get server running?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by herezryan, Dec 6, 2013.

1. herezryan

herezryan Space Hobo

We have been trying for 3 hours straight now to get a server going to play together, followed the instructions given from the admin and even tried some youtuber's vids to try to get it to work. Nothing has worked, cant connect to either local ip address or the general ip address. Anyone have suggestions?

2. BlackSun

BlackSun Big Damn Hero

Check your firewalls and the host also needs to portforward the port 21025.

3. herezryan

herezryan Space Hobo

We have forwarded the port already, what should we be looking for in the firewalls?

4. BlackSun

BlackSun Big Damn Hero

You need to make sure that "starbound_server" isn't blocked.

5. herezryan

herezryan Space Hobo

My friend who is trying to run the server is wondering if he connects to single player or multiplayer as well?

6. BlackSun

BlackSun Big Damn Hero

What do you mean by that?
    Also: Go to your Steam/SteamApps/Common/Starbound/win32 folder and there should also be the starbound_server.exe - start it as administrator.

7. herezryan

herezryan Space Hobo

We have also already done that :c everything we try has not worked and we were really pumped to play this together

8. BlackSun

BlackSun Big Damn Hero

Hm. Wasn't that hard for me. Can your friend connect to his own server or are you both unable to join it?