1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Maverick-Hunters MMX 11.0.3

Featuring Armors, Techs (Ride Armors, Zero- and X-"Modes") and Weapons of the MMX/Z/ZX games

1. SacredCaedeus

SacredCaedeus Phantasmal Quasar

Sorry but if your game is crashing, I think it may be one of your other mods causing the crashing; I can start the game up just fine in its current version with no crashing. Only problem is even with the X Tech unlocked, it doesn't activate when I hit the F key to turn it on.

2. Dennis el Azul

Dennis el Azul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm currently playing the game without mods, I used them before, then I decided to restart all the game (that means backing up the saves and then deleting them) and play the story without mods. Now I finished the game, so in the future I'm using the mods again, but thanks for answering! Now I know I can use the armors. :p

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  3. yay855

yay855 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't find the weapons anywhere. The Biometal Forge and Construction Capsule don't have anything under the weapons option even though I unlocked the blueprints, are they only crafted with a max-tier Anvil?

4. SacredCaedeus

If you had read the front page for this mod, you wouldn't be asking this question. The weapons are NOT in the mod currently.

5. yay855

I know it says that, but I also got blueprints for the weapons after crafting the appropriate Biometal, which is why I was confused.

6. SacredCaedeus

It's an artifact of the older versions, nothing more.

7. yay855

Well, thanks for telling me.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  8. fearlessjet

fearlessjet Void-Bound Voyager

So I installed the mod today and I cannot seem to get the X tech to work. Any tips on how to get it working?

9. SacredCaedeus

10. fearlessjet

fearlessjet Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a Zero Tech or is there only the X Tech? I'm curious on how to obtain it.

11. SacredCaedeus

If you had read the mod's front page you would know the Zero Tech is unavailable.

"The following list contains all features/items that are currently not functional due to the massive changes of the SB code and the limited time of the mod authors:
    Zero Tech, Ridechaser Tech, Ride Armor Tech, all mod weapons (busters, swords), boss fights."

The mod author seems to have not added X-Tech to that due to how recently that happened.

12. SurfinDolphin

SurfinDolphin Void-Bound Voyager

Help I can't turn into X, I have all of the parts equipped in the tech console yet when I press F nothing happens. Is the mod completely dysfunctional now? I know the craftable weapons were removed but why is the tech gone too? The only thing I can access are the clothing parts, which are nice, I guess.

13. SacredCaedeus

I'll post this for future reference until things are fixed (if they ever are).

All techs in this mod are currently broken.
    X Tech, Zero Tech, Ride Armor Tech, and Ridechaser Tech DO NOT WORK.
    All weapons are not accessible either despite their blueprints being "unlocked" in game; ignore such notices.
    Only the costumes are currently usable.

I may not be the mod author, but I think it's fair enough to post a notice like this so others can see it. At least if they bother to read the thread first instead of just posting they have a problem.

@SurfinDolphin I believe that notice is your answer, as are a number of posts before this one.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  14. SurfinDolphin

SurfinDolphin Void-Bound Voyager

Aw, so the mod is nothing but cosmetics for now? The rare metal drops are rather annoying without any use for them, should I uninstall the mod? I've had my hopes up for at least the X-tech since it doesn't have ''(not currently in-game)'' under it's pictures nor does it reference the X-tech when talking about the currently unvailable parts of the mod.

PS: I'd like to suggest to the mod author to make the rider/chaser/carrier mechs as parts of the new mech system. It's really neat and I love hopping around on my vile inspired mech. I don't know what exactly broke the mod in the first place, but I think (assume) remaking the carriers as individual mech parts should be easier (and far less limiting) than having it as a tech. Also, one thing that always bothered me about the mod was the eyes of X and Zero, I don't understand why the author didn't color the dots with a single white pixel below them to make them look closer to X and Zero.

15. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

bumping this so people will see it more

All techs in this mod are currently broken.
    X Tech, Zero Tech, Ride Armor Tech, and Ridechaser Tech DO NOT WORK.
    All weapons are not accessible either despite their blueprints being "unlocked" in game; ignore such notices.
    Only the costumes are currently usable.
    by @SacredCaedeus

on that note but unrelated, didn't this mod have boss spawners at some point that dropped some shield things to hang on walls?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  16. SacredCaedeus

@eksynn
    It did have boss spawners originally. The shields you're talking about may have been actual shields and not wall trophies (I never got them, so don't take my word as fact). I do know that the metals themselves can be hung up as decorations once crafted; all of them currently decorate my character's quarters and lounge on my ship.

@SurfinDolphin
    Uninstall it if you really want to; doesn't hurt anyone or anything! :3 Well... it might break the file a tad if you have the tech unlocked and items laying around.
    Despite the tech break I kept it because I like the cosmetic options (I'm a huge fan of Layer). I also have my ship's crew outfitted in the Giga Armor (X2 armor).
    The Ride Armor and Chaser techs have been broken for a long while. My guess is the deployable vehicle update is what did them in. Well that and all the lua changes that keep breaking features of the mod, apparently. My words, but @Crystan cited the changes in lua for the breaking of X-tech with the latest update. I wouldn't cross my fingers on this being updated any time soon, unless the guy gets a sudden burst of free time and interest both in Starbound and in fixing problems in the mod. I check back now and then, but I'm not waiting with bated breath, if you catch my meaning.

17. smashbro596

smashbro596 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i just want the weapons working again....
    any eta on that?

18. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Not anytime soon, sorry.

Everything you said is correct and also thanks for replying to the other posts. Sadly it doesn't look too good atm. It looks like I won't have time to debug the broken X-Tech anytime soon, let alone to fix the rest of the stuff thats broken. I would really love to fix the stuff but for now it will be a cosmetic mod only.

If anyone with enough knowledge want's to help out fix broken stuff, they can contact me via PM.

SacredCaedeus likes this.
  19. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

@Crystan - any chance of adding this to steam?

20. Benven99

Benven99 Phantasmal Quasar

Hello! There appears to be a problem with some of the item recipes. When I look through my log, it shows that the Normal outfit is trying to use an item named cleardye, but it doesnt appear to exist.