1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Maverick-Hunters MMX 11.0.3

Featuring Armors, Techs (Ride Armors, Zero- and X-"Modes") and Weapons of the MMX/Z/ZX games

1. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not sure what you and/or friends are capable of, but I had another thought: MegaMan X-type challenge doors.

Not a replacement, just an addition alongside the regular ones, with a different style of room that attempts to replicate the feel of the X series. People could have fun with X and Zero in there, or maybe some of their abilities could be crucial for a bonus of some sort, like people needing to use a Distortion Sphere to reach bonus chests in regular challenges, though I'm not sure what sorta thing would make using them better than using one's own abilities.

Also a note. I've had times when I'd try to scale a wall with X or Zero, but they'd stop short and slide back down.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  2. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Mega Man X inspired missions/challenges were already on our list but have been canceled for now due to the lack of time. I know walljumps can be quite tricky but with the current solution it won't be fixable.

3. SacredCaedeus

SacredCaedeus Phantasmal Quasar

So, time for that natural question people may start asking any time now: Will we need to wait for an update to this mod for the latest Starbound version or will it be safe as is? Considering it's mostly cosmetics (for now), I'd hope little to nothing needs updating, but heck if I actually know. : x

4. Kendiggity

Kendiggity Void-Bound Voyager

cannot make bio-metal forge?

5. Kendiggity

Kendiggity Void-Bound Voyager

Will zero tech ever be added back?

6. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

Anyone know if this mod is still alive? Y'know... since Terraforming?

7. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

This is one of those slow-moving, but really-great mods once its released (think peglaci). Crystan has been active for a loooong time, so I wouldn't worry too much =3

8. LegendXCarisso

Hmm... the question was more like, "Is the mod up-to-date so one can play it as of today, or will it cause conflicts because it's out of date?"

9. Roskii Heiral

@Crystan

would it be okay if I used your maverick hunter poster in a mod I'm making for Stardew Valley? I'm trying to recreate my room in starbound, but I love your poster more than all other starbound objects combined =3

10. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

@Roskii Falfeather
    You gotta ask @Dragonith

@LegendXCarisso
    Sadly, I haven't played Starbound or worked on the MMX mod for quite some time now (busy with developing my own game). As long as no one reports any new issues I'm not going to release a update. The mod is basically on hold for now (sorry guys :( ) but if a update breakes the mod and people start reporting issues, I'll release a fix.

SacredCaedeus and Roskii Heiral like this.
  11. SacredCaedeus

Well from what I've played since the update, nothing seems broken that I can tell. Honestly, while I can't wait for another update, I understand you have more important things on your plate and probably will for a good length of time. In relation to your game, I genuinely wish you well with it and hope you succeed.

Crystan and Roskii Heiral like this.
  12. Omegax1991

Omegax1991 Big Damn Hero

cant use the x tech I did all the mission to unlock the tech i collect all the biometals I still can use to teach tho so plzz help

13. SacredCaedeus

What version of the mod are you using? How about what other mods you're using?

Biometals are irrelevant to the X tech now; they're just costumes.

Are you equipping every piece of the tech like the instructions tell you to? After that, have you pressed the tech activation button? Somehow I get the feeling you're doing something wrong.

I just tested it out again and everything works as advertised; Homing Torpedo doesn't fire, Chameleon Sting's charge shot just turns you into a rave party, and all the other weapons work.

@Crystan
    It just occurred to me, but have you considered looking at an in game missile weapon to use as a base for Homing Torpedo? There's one in particular you can get from the Big Ape boss that even has a "charge shot" that shoots multiple missiles. Just food for thought if/when you get back to this, and if you haven't already examined that weapon.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Crystan likes this.
  14. SacredCaedeus

@Crystan Sorry for the double post, but I figured I might drop some sort of post here. For the sake of precaution, maybe you should look at the updates coming in mod side for the new update, if only to make sure nothing will break with the X Tech. If you have the free time and drive for it, anyway. I'll be testing it out either way when the stable comes out, so that could be another way to know.

Update: The X Tech appears to be completely non-functional for right now in 1.3. I can't activate it at all now. The rest seems to work okay, but if anyone wanted to use the X Tech, it currently appears to be busted. If anyone else is having the same problem, it may be an idea to speak up.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  15. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Sadly I cant say when I'm able to look into the issue. Definitively not this weekend or in the upcomming week.

I like that Starbound expands it's features with every major update but the fact that every update breaks even the simplest lua mods is annoying. Depending on the current issue and the problems that upcomming updates will cause, I propbably find myself compelled to drop the X and Z modes from the mod feature list until CF is done with their constant changes on the lua api parts that are vital for my code. If I had more time I probably wouldn't be so annoyed by the changes but I guess thats just the way it is.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    SacredCaedeus likes this.
  16. SeekoDestroyer

SeekoDestroyer Big Damn Hero

Due to 1.3 You can now remove the mod from the mod folder without crashing.
    I did this because the techs crashed the game upon startup.

17. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

That's weird because for @SacredCaedeus it seems to start without any issues. The crashing issue might be not connected with the techs but another feature/item of the mod. Can you post the log here?

SacredCaedeus and Roskii Heiral like this.
  18. Roskii Heiral

I wouldn't be too concerned, many people are reporting crashes everywhere. Most of them were running heavily modded games and aren't sure why they are crashing; they then report crashes to every mod they use xD

I'm rebuilding my mod library slowly and haven't gotten around to adding yours yet (but I do still love it)

19. LegendXCarisso

I was actually about to ask if this still worked due to 1.3.. I really would love to wield the Z-Saber.

20. Dennis el Azul

Dennis el Azul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's a pity if the mod make the game crash because the update, but I can be happy having only the armors and creating them with pixels or ingame materials and having the techs in another mod, that would be useful for future updates. :)

Roskii Heiral likes this.