Mature look, gore and cities

Discussion in 'Other' started by Stoltverd, Aug 25, 2013.

?

Choose a suggestion

1. I vote YES for a more mature look!

51.2%
  2. I vote YES for some OPTIONAL gore!

64.0%
  3. I vote YES for cities!

72.1%
  1. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

Also, gore isn't that hard to mod in. There's at least 3 of them for Minecraft, i've seen several ludicrous gibs mods for Skyrim. Terraria also has one that adds more gore.
    So if you really want it, you'll probably be able to mod it in by the end of week 1.
    But the developers are supposed to do things that either would be quite difficult for the modding community to make or do something that improves the experience for most of the players.
    I'm pretty sure that the majority of players wouldn't like having excessive gore.

jintoya likes this.
  2. MyLittleBurger

MyLittleBurger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Who says it has to be excessive gore? I wasn't thinking about fountains of blood (ala Gears of War). Take CoD it has enough blood splatter so that the it at least seems like the things are getting shot. It seems rather weird when you smack something with a sword/other weapon on nothing really happens aside from causing damage (I mean do creatures and the races in the game not have blood?).

3. DracoHandsome

DracoHandsome Tentacle Wrangler

"Gore" would do nothing but lean this game towards being an unoriginal tryhard sci-fi joke. Gore is the easy way out of good art direction. I advise avoiding it or making it optional, off by default.

4. jintoya

jintoya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i agree with you on this, it WILL get modded in, and due to steam we have the workshop to easily add mods (there better be a workshop) and excessive gore wouldn't be good so its a good thing that's not what was proposed.
    i was just thinking, on a side note. wouldn't it be funny if a little ghost trailed off from things that die (remembering the Pickmin)

5. Rainbow_Mojo

Rainbow_Mojo Void-Bound Voyager

Even if the blood is just little red pixel that shoot off of a monster when they die it would be fine. Plus the corpse sitting for a few seconds would be nice. Another cool thing would be a rare chance of decapitation. I would love to decapitate my foes.

6. extremist

extremist Existential Complex

I think the cute things are pretty cool, you never know if somethings about to kill you or not.

7. Doctor Stein

Doctor Stein Subatomic Cosmonaut

Much agreement. Many gore and Cities.