Massive Space Idea List [HELP ME ADD ON TO IT!]

Discussion in 'Other' started by IAmGod, Aug 21, 2016.

?

Add this now T_T

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Possibly (Please describe)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nah (Please explain why in the comments)

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. IAmGod

IAmGod Tentacle Wrangler

So let me first off say that I I'm 100% new, I LOVE! Starbound, I saw it once or twice and was like: meh, then I started hearing how good it was from friends and I started to wonder why it was so good, so I purchased it for myself.

The first thing I noticed was the MUSIC! Holy you musicians almost made me pass out, the music is absolutely beautiful and I just wanted to say you did a fantastic job.

The second thing is. I have always been into space adventures, no games could give me the terraria feel with space exploration in it, until the game- I just love the idea of being able to explore pretty much endless amounts of planets and new areas that were stunning, every planet seemed to shine with its own unique features, maybe there was another race inhabiting part of it- maybe there was awesome loot underground, maybe some ancient ruins and the list goes ON!

But after awhile, I realized that there wasn't as much as there could be, for example- there is only like 20 types of planets to explore and after awhile it gets quite boring.

so I started writing some ideas of how it could improve drastically, so lets get right into it.

Here is what I have been working on (PLEASE! HELP ME ADD ON TO THIS!)

The Universe:

Dying Star - This star is almost dead, all planets orbiting it are like a time bomb, this is home to some extremely rare ores and a possible civilization to save from great peril, if you stay on a planet too long the star will explode destroying all planets orbiting it and create a Supernova.

Dark Star - Almost invisible, the planets orbiting this star are always cold dark and dangerous, its so dark that the normal flashlight cannot pierce the darkness.
    The planets contain some valuable items, however the monsters on these planets have mutated and have become resistant to all conditions making them stronger and faster than you.

Ancient Star - Home to old planets millions of years old, find ancient civilizations and rare artifacts and tombs located on these desolate planets.

Comet - these are EXTREMELY RARE! 1/10000 stars may have one of these comets, full of extremely valuable and comet exclusive ore, but holding on to one is the problem, they are moving at extremely fast rates through the sky, so fast that even a regular rope would break trying to hold onto these.

Supernova - These occur if a star dies, if you are on a planet that is affected by this, the planet will begin collapsing and eventually the planets core will explode and the planet will no longer live.

Black Hole - The farther you travel into the universe, the more chance of black holes occurring, there is no protection from them, your ship and the stars within the range of the black hole are sucked into this endless abyss, and you must find a way out.

Space Battles - In the massive universe of starbound, you will come across galaticans here and there, an enemy far more advanced then any other civilization- Having mastered the art of creating giant motherships and massive fleets of ships, surviving a large onslaught may be impossible.

Gear:
    Space Suit - This allows you to explore on ALMOST any planet or celestial object, except planets with rare readings of 100% un-survivability.
    Requirements to build:

1. De-Pressurization Tank
    2. Oxygen Filter
    3. Suit Lights
    (If suit is removed the person will die immediately, you can wear both armor and the space suit, and have the option of which one shows)

Space Rover - Can be shot down to any planet for exploration, but only works on planets that are 100% unsurvivable for a human/other races. Can be remote controlled from ANY location.

Space Drill - Can be used to automatically mine ores and other samples for storage, only works on planets.

Laser Cannon - Some planets support lifeforms which have impenetrable shields, unless you are using the laser cannon, a hand-held firearm that pierces their shields with a single hit.

I don't understand why people say "Nah" >_<

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2016
  2. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

There is a mod called Frackin Universe that adds dying and black stars, as well as binary stars.

3. IAmGod

IAmGod Tentacle Wrangler

Oh really? wow thats awesome! I had no idea what are binary stars?

4. Kaede Grimwater

A system with two suns.

Hel likes this.
  5. IAmGod

IAmGod Tentacle Wrangler

I think I have heard of frackin universe once, but I didn't think it included addons to space, I thought it was just items/gear.

6. Kaede Grimwater

Frackin Universe is massive, it adds so many things. Care should be taken before installing it though, it is a deal more difficult than the base game, and can be a touch more complicated.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/guide-frackinuniverse-sb-1-0.118843/ Here is a guide for Frackin Universe. It is also recommended that you backup your character and universe files before you install it, because once you install FU, it is a one way street, the only way back is to delete your character and universe files.

7. IAmGod

IAmGod Tentacle Wrangler

I already installed it actually and I'm testing it out now lmao, its all working so its fine.

8. Kaede Grimwater

Best of luck!