Modding Help Map modding issues

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Opalie, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Opalie

Opalie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi, i’m very new to modding in general, and I got few issues i hope people could help me with !

I’ve been doing farm maps recently, but i can’t release them yet because of some issue:

- When stepping on wood or stone stairs, the sound wood/stone keep happening until I step on grass. I use Type | Wood/Stone in the Tile Picker priority.

- I would like berry bushes, but i have no idea how to make them.

- I’d like my lamps to light up at night (the one on the Town tiles)

I think this isn’t things I can do on tIDE ? If someone could help it would be nice

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey @Opalie and welcome to the community! I hope you decide to stay with us an eventually share your work :D

About your issues, yes, these are things you can do on tIDE!

- Though, I don't think I understand your first issue, you don't want to hear the sound the player does when stepping on the wood/stone paths, is that it?

- You can add berry bushes to your map by selecting their tiles from the "paths" tilesheet and placing them in your Paths layer! The tiles you want to add are these [​IMG]. The first one is the bigger sized berry bush and the second one is smaller.

- To add lamps in your map and to light them up at night, you'll need to add some things into the Map Properties:

1. Go to Map -> Properties, and select the Custom Properties

2. In the Name section, you'll add DayTiles and in the Value section you are going to add:

. the layer in which your lamp tile is in (might be Front, AlwaysFront, etc.)
      . the location of your lamp (x,y) with no commas!
      . the index number of your lamp tile
      ->do not forget that this lamp tile must be the one you want to see during the day, which means, not the one which simulates light!

3. Next, you'll add another command, but this time you'll name it NightTiles. On the values section, you are going to do the same thing you did previously, but this time the index tile has to be the one you want to see during the night, aka, the one that simulates light!

4. After this, you are going to add another command, and you'll name it Light. This will add the light you want to see at night! To do this, you need to:

. type the location where you want to see the light (x,y) with no commas!
      . and add the number 4 after! This number correlates to the light you see from the lamp posts in Town!

After you are done, you are going to end up with something like this:

[​IMG]

And this is an example of something done using this:

[​IMG]

If you need help knowing the x,y and tile index numbers, tIDE shows them to you at the end of the page, right here:

[​IMG]

I hope this helps you, but if you need extra help, feel free to ask!
      If you want to know more about how to make a mod using tIDE, I recommend you check the WIKI, you have a lot of information there!

Let me know about your first problem when you can!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
        Laulajatar and brandily like this.
      • Opalie

Hi !

Thank you for your warm welcome and quick reply !

My first issue is that when for example I step on my stone stairs, the stone stairs keep making the stone stair noise even on the dirt ! It's quite ridiculous to be honest.

I'm trying right now to add my bushes and light, thank you again !

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Ok, so try typing Grass in the Type command instead of Stone or Wood, in case you want to hear grass, or just remove the command!
          So you'll end up with something like this

[​IMG]

See if that works!
          If it doesn't it might be hard coded in game, sorry :(

• Opalie

I'll try to explain again, with images !

There in the first pic, i got the stone sound, because I've put in the Tile propriety Type | Stone

[​IMG]

In the second pic tho, i can still hear the stone there ! And this is a huge issue for me to release a map with stone sound on all the dirt everytime you step on the bridge, lol.
            [​IMG]

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Press right click mouse on the tiles that you don't want the stone sound to be in. What are the custom properties of said tile?

• Opalie

[​IMG]

Nothing :c

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Oh, nononono, you are doing it wrong!!!! You need to do all these changes in the tilesheet, not in the map!
                  On tIDE, check the left corner and you'll see the Tile Picker! This is the place where you add and remove custom properties to the tiles! you select the tilesheet where the tile you want to edit is, and you right click the tile there!

[​IMG]

Ok, so check all the tiles you want to have that sound removed, and you'll see that they have the command "Type - Stone" or something else! You'll just need to change it to "Type - Grass", in case you want the grass sound, or "Type - Dirt" if you want the dirt sound, (etc. check the link I gave you in my first post to see what other types there are!), or just remove the command if you don't want sound at all!

• Opalie

Ooooooh okay omg thank you for your precious help ! I'm going to keep the thread open if I have another issue later in my modding life, hehe.

Thank you again !!

Karmylla likes this.
                    • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

You can always message me privately if you prefer!
                      I'm glad I was able to help you out!!!! :D

• Opalie

Hi again,

I'd like to release my map asap here and on Nexus, but I don't know how to take great screenshots of the whole farm, clean and all ! Any suggestion ?

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

What I usually do is print screen! But I think there is some other way to do it, more cleanly.
                          Check the Image Map Exporter, it might help you!

• Opalie

It did, thanks !!!!

• lambee

lambee Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello, I got a problem here...
                              How can I remove the bushes that already exist on my map?
                              I edited my map (just delete the tile i dont want in Paths layer).But these bushes still there even the next season arrived.
                              CAN I remove it by tIDE? (or some other tools)
                              THANKS! :casper::casper:

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

To remove bushes, not only do you have to delete them from the map by using tIDE, but you also need to delete them from your savefile! But it's very simple:

1. Load your game, using SMAPI.
                                2. Load your savefile
                                3. Once you are in game, type in the console box (black window that tells you all the mods you have installed, etc.), the command: help
                                4. The console will give you a lot of commands you can use. One of them is "ef_bushreset". This is the command you want, it will remove and add all the bushes you've taken out or added in the map while editing it on tIDE. Be careful because it won't just change the bushes on the map you are in, this affects ALL the bushes in game!

- type in the command "ef_bushreset" in the console (without the ""!), and you are good to go! Some bushes might look a little weird, but they go back to normal after you've saved and started a new day!

@Opalie I forgot to tell you this, you might need it for your bushes!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
                                  Opalie likes this.
                                • lambee

lambee Subatomic Cosmonaut

Aha! This is really a handy way to remove bushes!
                                  love this!

Thanks a lot.

Karmylla likes this.
                                  • Opalie

Gosh I'm going to go crazy with mapping !
                                    I had a lot of people saying that my map made their game crash, I've played so far and everything works ! I have no idea what is going on. People walking on crops made their game crash with this message:
                                    Code:
                                    [12:56:04 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                                    at StardewValley.TerrainFeatures.HoeDirt.doCollisionAction(Rectangle positionOfCollider, Int32 speedOfCollision, Vector2 tileLocation, Character who, GameLocation location)
                                    at StardewValley.GameLocation.isCollidingPosition(Rectangle position, Rectangle viewport, Boolean isFarmer, Int32 damagesFarmer, Boolean glider, Character character, Boolean pathfinding, Boolean projectile, Boolean ignoreCharacterRequirement)
                                    at StardewValley.Locations.BuildableGameLocation.isCollidingPosition(Rectangle position, Rectangle viewport, Boolean isFarmer, Int32 damagesFarmer, Boolean glider, Character character, Boolean pathfinding, Boolean projectile, Boolean ignoreCharacterRequirement)
                                    at StardewValley.Farm.isCollidingPosition(Rectangle position, Rectangle viewport, Boolean isFarmer, Int32 damagesFarmer, Boolean glider, Character character, Boolean pathfinding, Boolean projectile, Boolean ignoreCharacterRequirement)
                                    at StardewValley.GameLocation.isCollidingPosition(Rectangle position, Rectangle viewport, Boolean isFarmer, Int32 damagesFarmer, Boolean glider, Character character)
                                    at StardewValley.Farmer.MovePosition(GameTime time, Rectangle viewport, GameLocation currentLocation)
                                    at StardewValley.Farmer.Update(GameTime time, GameLocation location)
                                    at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateCharacters(GameTime time)
                                    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 520
                                    I have no idea of what is going on. I really need help !

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey Opalie! Ok, let's try figuring this one out. I still need to try out your map, I can't do that right now, but I'll get to you when I do.

Unfortunately, I know nothing of error in the console, so I can't help you here, I'm sorry! The coding is too much for me, still!
                                      I advise you to go to this thread and post your problem, I'm sure someone will be able to help you!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
                                      • Opalie

So for the mod to work I have to share my spring_outdoorsTileSheet (etc etc) ? Aw, man. I never saw that on other maps. Is there a way to fix this via tiDE ?

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Wait, wait, you should check my previous response, I've edited it!
                                          The truth is, I don't know what could have caused that error in game, so you should post this error log in the link I posted.
                                          I'm sure someone there will be able to help you!

Opalie likes this.