1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Manufacturer's Touch 1.2.16

Weapons manufacturers now have an effect on randomly generated weapons.

1. L'gra

L'gra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I actually like the sound of that better, in the right situations it sounds very helpful, able to hit two enemies at once, even if the second is behind you, or if two are at different elevations in-front of you.

2. Zsashas

Zsashas Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Minor nitpick, Artic should be Arctic (one of the Callox prefixes).

3. Kitikira

Kitikira Phantasmal Quasar

Sorry about the late reply, I kept on forgetting to check back and write one.

Thanks for pointing that out, that'll be fixed in the next update.

I've gotten this report before, but as far as I can see the only way to fix this issue would be to modify gunfire.lua, which I've been hesitant to do since I'm afraid that issues might pop up from overriding another core file which other mods might do too.

The problem is caused by gunfire.lua's fireProjectile function returning only the last projectile id that was fired, rather than all of them.

Those are good ideas, and when I get working on it I'll likely get one, but the problem for me is finding an effect that I'll be able to code. I know a lot about the lua for weapons, but I don't have much experience using it for any other part of the game.

4. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you know what effect you would like i would be happy to help code it. I've made a few and should be able to make another.

5. Zsashas

Found what may be an issue. All daggers, no matter the listed rate of fire, have the exact same speed.

Also, wands and staves no longer show a number for level. It just is blank where the number should be.

6. Kitikira

7. FettGopher

FettGopher Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would it be possible for Shade Co. to create shadow-type weaponry with Frackin' Universe installed? I think it would be appropriate, given the name.

Also, on the subject of unique physical effects, the disruptor rifles from KOTOR come to mind. They're sort of like the unstoppable damage L'gra was talking about.
    Basically, they were powerful blaster rifles that could pierce through shields. However, they were frowned upon because of the amount of suffering they would cause the target,
    so they were mainly used by criminal organizations/bad guys. I know there's an IgnoresDef damage type, maybe that could be used for a weapon like this?

8. Kitikira

Although it would be possible, it would be difficult, since I would need to add a shadow damage variant of all of the elemental alt abilities, along with configuring all random weapons to have firing sounds fit for shadow.

Having physical statuses break through normally resistance armor is a good idea, but I'm afraid that making it ignore it entirely might mess up some bosses or special creatures that aren't expecting to be damaged at certain points.

9. Kitikira

Kitikira updated Manufacturer's Touch with a new update entry:

Hotfix 1.2.3

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. FettGopher

FettGopher Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for responding. I just checked, it looks like sayter has added the necessary files to make melee shadow weapons with abilities, but not ranged ones.
    Also, that wasn't something I had considered. I guess it does have the potential to trivialize some boss fights, which isn't ideal. Dang.

11. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

greenRAM likes this.
  12. Zsashas

Does this mod have any support for Frackin Universe? They apparently add two new elements, Shadow and Cosmic, and they don't seem to generate with this mod as well.

13. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

See the post above. I've a feeling that the two mods (Manufacturer's and Expanded weapons) clash a bit.

Plus, I don't think that FU"s elements can spawn on random weapons (although, I could be wrong about that. Haven't played in a while.)

14. Uacher

Uacher Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a question, two questions, in fact: Does each manufacturer represent a specific race? I can see how some descriptions hint towards florans and hylotl, but the rest I'm not sure.
    Second: I'm working on a small mod that essentially gives each race a racial firearm manufacturer. I'm aware of your tutorial to add new manufacturers, but I also would like some input (not just the author, anybody willing to help is welcome). What kind of stats or aesthetic style would each race have in their firearms?

15. Kitikira

First of all, sorry for the super late reply, I haven't checked back since the beginning of April.

I did plan on having a manufacturer to represent each (or at least most) races when I was first writing up the description, but I kinda stopped with the idea and never continued it. Teklaki is definitely floran themed as far as colors and weapon parts go, but it's not definitely a floran brand or anything like that.

For aesthetic styles, I think it would be best to look at the old weapon files back when all the crafted weapons were unique for each race. Weapons like avian blasters, floran grenade launchers and needlers, and the novakid gun series would probably be especially helpful, but the melee weapons will still have patterns and colors that can be applied to guns too.

For the stats, I don't have many ideas, but messing with projectiles tends to make the weapons feel very unique, even with just small changes. Giving floran guns needle-like projectiles, or giving Apex guns slower firing with longer, semi-beam style projectiles, stuff like that.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  16. Kitikira

Kitikira updated Manufacturer's Touch with a new update entry:

Hotfix 1.2.4

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

Is it compatible with expanded weapon generation?
    Some says no
    I wanted to ask it from you

18. Kitikira

I'm not sure, I've never used it before, but from looking at the files, it likely would be mostly compatible. It will load first before this mod, so this mod's changes should apply on top of their default weapon changes.

However, its new weapons (beyond the common, uncommon, rare random from vanilla) will not be changed. One other concern is that some random weapons with non-normal combinations of elements (like rare physical) might cause some of the new abilities in that mod from being usable on that specific weapon, causing the gun to just freeze when you attempt to use it.

So overall I think they would work together, but for some random weapons there might be occasional issues.

19. Kitikira

20. balader333

balader333 Void-Bound Voyager

этот мод реально хороший или лажа?