1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Manufacturer's Touch 1.2.16

Weapons manufacturers now have an effect on randomly generated weapons.

1. L'gra

L'gra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. MrNage95

MrNage95 Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a way to disable the Xia-li energy-drainage penalty for npcs? One of my crewmembers has a Xia-li gun and would repeatedly trigger the penalty if they use their gun extensively, making their deaths more likely.

3. YanniFirewind

YanniFirewind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure if this should be here or in the thread for Open Armory, but I've run into an issue where the expanded tooltip isn't showing for anything and guns aren't getting their manufacturer bonuses when using the integrated version in that mod pack. I'm pretty sure it's just another mod overriding it, but I'm not sure which and would like to know so I can tweak my (admittedly large) mod list accordingly. (I'm aware that several of these probably override the melee weapon stuff as well, but it's the gun one I can't trace.) Here my mod list, thanks for the help!

Alternative Eye style for Lamias
    Classical Weaponry
    Community Hair Pack
    Extra Dungeons
    Fracking Universe
    Graviton Elevators
    Improved Techs
    Invisible Armour
    Lamia Race
    Mecharachnid
    Melee Aiming
    Monster Part Megapack
    More Parts and Greebles
    MrPigeon's Mythical Weaponry
    Open Armory
    Phase Shift Module
    Tier Upgrade
    Upgraded Upgrades
    Weapon Assembly
    Weapon Megapack
    Weapon Reinforcer
    Whipcraft
    Xbawks Character Extender
    XS Mechs Vehicle Edition
    ZZ Mech Modifications

The logs are a regular character going through the erchius facility (log-1.txt) and finding a non-affected pistol, and a test I did after where I spawned in a bunch of pistols using admin commands and none had the mod's effects (.log)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  4. Kitikira

Kitikira Phantasmal Quasar

That would probably be possible, but I'm not sure how to get find out what entity is using the weapon from the weapon itself. I'll look into it for the next update, and if I can't figure it out, I'll at least add an option to disable the shock altogether.

There's nothing out of the ordinary in the logs as far as I can see.

The biggest issue would probably be one of the other mods modifying /items/buildscripts/buildweapon.lua, since that sets both the tool tip fields for the weapon, and applies the manufacturer stats.

From the mods listed, I know Weapon Assembly and Frackin' Universe both also modify the build scripts, but they are now compatible with the mod and shouldn't have any issues.

Weapon Reinforcer doesn't modify the build scripts and is safe too.

I'm not familiar with any of the other ones, but most that add new weapons should probably be safe. Melee aiming is probably also safe, since it would only need to modify the scripts for melee weapon swinging, rather than how they're built.

5. Kitikira

Kitikira updated Manufacturer's Touch with a new update entry:

Hotfix 1.1.5

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Kitikira

Kitikira updated Manufacturer's Touch with a new update entry:

Update 1.2.0

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. MrNage95

MrNage95 Void-Bound Voyager

Just recently picked up a common Teklacki broadsword named "Serrated Wildtheurge" after the 1.2.0 Patch, and it had no blade present, but otherwise works just fine. Wondering if this is intentional or not.

8. Kitikira

I'll have to check this issue out later. I think what happens is that the game keeps the same variant number as the original blade had, but since there aren't that many varieties now for the blade design then it can't find the image and just uses nothing.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to check this issue out for a few days. The problem was just that I forgot to change the number of blade variants. It's fixed in the latest update.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  9. MilkorZ

MilkorZ Void-Bound Voyager

The guns in my game doesn't seem to be working can anybody pls help me with this???

10. Kitikira

Can you post your log? It's located in your starbound/storage folder.

11. Kitikira

12. Zsashas

Zsashas Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looking through the post, I see no mention of Wands or Staves. What about us mages?

13. Kitikira

I've thought about adding them for a while, but I've kept delaying it because I'd have to convert all the staff parts to be able to use palettes, and it would be more difficult to think of stat changes for them. But since I'm not working on anything else right now, I might as well start adding them.

14. Zsashas

The wands and staves, since they are affected less by stats, could simply start out with cosmetic schemes for the manufacturers. The actual functions would remain untouched until you figure out a good way to handle it, that way they at least visually match with the rest of the mod.

Very tired, no idea how well I worded this.

15. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

commonshortsword.activeitem.patch reads
    Code:
    [
      {
      "op": "add",
      "path": "/builderConfig/0/manufacturer",
      "value": [
      "callox",
      "custom",
      "rotik",
      "shadeco",
      "teklacki"
      ]
      },
      {
      "op": "remove",
      "path": "/elementalType"
      },
      {
      "op": "add",
      "path": "/builderConfig/0/manufacturer",
      "value": [
      "callox",
      "custom",
      "manaticon",
      "necrolix",
      "rotik",
      "shadeco",
      "teklacki",
      "xiali"
      ]
      }...

16. IHart

do you have plans to include a rare physical status effect

17. Kitikira

Whoops, that's a problem. Thanks for the report, I'll make sure to fix that in the next update.

I never really though about it, but that's a good idea. I'm not sure exactly what the status should be though. A bleed effect is common in games, but probably doesn't fit Starbound's style.

18. IHart

The game already has a bleed, and its a little strong, but i dont see that as an issue for a high end physical-type.
    Alternatively a short stun or snare, like a maim or...do they already have a higher knockback?

EDIT: the bleed effect im thinking of is a part of FU, not vanilla

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  19. L'gra

L'gra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You could do a petrifaction, corruption, or even living putrefaction affect, maybe a life/energy drain, vorpal(chance for instant kill), or unstoppable(can hit even invincible/hide/dodge state. IE enemies like Peblit and Spookit.), I can do this all day(not really).

20. Zsashas

Necrolix Rocket Launcher with Guided Rocket, the second guided rocket just flies straight with a slight gravity arc, completely ignoring the cursor. The first guided rocket splits off and follows the cursor just fine.