1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Manufacturer's Touch 1.2.16

Weapons manufacturers now have an effect on randomly generated weapons.

1. MrNage95

MrNage95 Void-Bound Voyager

There is a typo concerning the damageKind of the Manacticon Radioactive Projectile.

2. Kitikira

Kitikira Phantasmal Quasar

Hmm, that's really strange. There aren't any errors in your log from this mod, which is worrying, since that means it'll be much harder to track down the problems.

So far the only other people who have gotten this issue were also using Manufacturer's Touching Everything!, but since you aren't then it must be a problem with the base mod.

I'll have to do some testing tomorrow. Sorry about this problem!

Fixed! It likely wasn't the thing causing the other problems, but I'll update the mod tomorrow with hopefully the other fixes.

3. LordRuin

LordRuin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was using manufacturers touching everything! about a week ago but removed it.

4. LordRuin

I just reinstalled manufacturers touching everything!, and begain playing in hopes that perhaps it'll shed some light into some things. Also, I just ran into another gun that won't fire. I'll put the log in, and a screenshot.

Attached Files:

5. Kitikira

The errors in there should help, I now know which scripts to check first.

Also, sorry I didn't respond to your other reports. The special manaticon bullets only replace plasma shots, so anything else wouldn't get changed. The beam rifle is from FU, and I don't think it would even have a proper manufacturer without Manufacturer's Touch Everything.

The necrolix sniper rifle is suppose to appear, I just forgot to add it in the description. The no sound effects and crit stats will be checked though.

Lastly, was the graxus shotgun a normal one, or an auto shotgun?

Edit: I couldn't find any problems in my testing. If it is because of the Manufacturer's Touch Everything, then it'll likely need to be fixed by Damn Squid People. They said that the latest Starbound patch seemed to cause some of the problems, so it might be difficult to come up with a fix, especially of life gets in the way.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  6. LordRuin

It was a normal one. Also, I just found this post while browsing Manfacturers touch everything.

"Jul 21 @ 3:12am: Seconding the no-sound issue with common weaponry based on Borderlands Random-Gen, and it seems through item spawning that it affects all types of rifles and pistols. Uncommon to Legendaries didn't look broken though. I may have found another problem with Tecklacki not firing -even legendaries- although it seems to be a rare occurence. Great work still!"

It seems like its most likely a problem with manufacturers touch everything. Sorry about any undue stress I may have caused.

7. Kitikira

No worries, I'm glad you did bring it to my attention, since I found some other stuff to fix in the code while looking for the problems.

8. LordRuin

I'm glad I could help in some way. I left a few messages for the developer of manufacterers touching everything, and he was aware of the problem, and was also talking to you about it. It seems like he's not sure whats causing the weapons not to fire. If I recall he did said he figured out the sound issue though.

9. Kitikira

10. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

I'd like to start off by saying that this is a really cool mod! The random weapons really needed some variety, and the effects are fun to mess around with.
    However, I've noticed this weird bug- switching from one gun to another sometimes crashes the game (or sends it back to the title screen). Hope that can be fixed soon.

EDIT: Also, I've noticed that sometimes Perfectly Generic Items will spawn instead of the guns, tested both with item spawning and through just exploration.
    I wouldn't be complaining if this was before the Perfect Armor nerf, though

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  11. Kitikira

Last time I tried testing this I only had issues when I was using FU, and ended up having the same problems even when this mod was disabled. But since it seems to still be ongoing, I guess I'll check it out again.

Edit: are you using FU? I don't know why, but whenever I use FU, whether I have MT or not, I frequently get that packet exception from certain weapons. I've seen some stuff saying it's a problem with the latest Starbound patch, but I'm not sure.

From testing, I couldn't find any weapons that crashed in the default game, the default game with MT, but I crashed a lot whenever FU was loaded. Could you post your Starbound.log file? If Perfectly Generic Items are spawning, then the log will say what caused them.

The crashing is extremely difficult, since Starbound doesn't record what causes them.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  12. Kitikira

Kitikira updated Manufacturer's Touch with a new update entry:

Hotfix 1.2.9

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

I'm not using FU, no... To be more specific, it only seems to happen with guns of the same type.
    I'll try to post the error messages the next time they pop up.
    I'd post the log file, but there's 5 of them and I'm pressed for time as of typing this.

14. Kitikira

15. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

Make the tool tips compatible with frackin universe

16. steakhutzeee

steakhutzeee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First of all, thank you very much for the mod! :D

I'm experiencing a little problem with the UI, as you can see, the weapon level is not in line, but is in the top right corner of the UI.

[​IMG]

As i can see editing "ManufacturersTouchOptions", i can only disable/enable the level number in the corner. How can i place it in line with the string 'Level:' ?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  17. Kitikira

Sorry I haven't responded in a while, I've had a busy work schedule and only recently have had time to work on this.

It's broken again? FU updates its tool tips a lot, guess I'll have to fix it again.

Ah, that's likely me messing up something and putting the level in the same spot as guns when it shouldn't be. That should be an easy fix, I'll get it done for the next patch.

steakhutzeee and amirmiked12 like this.
  18. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

is your mod compatible with weapon reinforcer mod?
    cause i cant upgrade any of my weapons?

19. Kitikira

I'm not entirely sure. The scripting files aren't incompatible, so as far as I can see the tool tips might be messed up. But I'm not entirely sure, since I've been told that it is or isn't several times before so I'm not sure what it is now.

20. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

Hello, I have a bug. When NPCs uses electric type weapons (just in case range weapons are buggy too) they're shocking themselves, damaging them in the process.