MandlorTheUltimate's Pixels!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by MandlorTheUltimate, Feb 27, 2012.

1. MandlorTheUltimate

MandlorTheUltimate Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! Here are some examples of my "work"! I do these pixel by pixel, not using line tools or flood-fill, I know most pixel art is on a small scale, but I like detail. Haha.
    I hope to add more pictures as I make them!

Image4.png Brandon.png

Attached Files:

2. Space Sphere

Space Sphere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's nice...Pixel-Art is usually on a smaller scale.

3. MandlorTheUltimate

Yes, I know, but I like it...bigger! Haha.

4. imperishable

imperishable Pangalactic Porcupine

This isn't really pixel art imo.
    "This is what we call oekaki. If you can create the image without zooming in, chances are it isn't pixel art. If you're using the line tool and flood-fill most of the time, you're not paying attention to the individual pixels, just the lines and shapes that the pixels make up. The same goes for rough sketches made with the pencil or brush tools. These methods ignore the importance of careful, deliberate placement of the individual pixels.

While the most common misconceptions about pixel art are due to too loose of an interpretation of the medium, there are some who have too strict a definition for what makes pixel art."

But their cool anyway. :p

Wargod likes this.
  5. MandlorTheUltimate

I zoomed in 1500x in a program called GraphicsGale and did these pixel by pixel, no line tools or flood-fill, I only use flood-fill for backgrounds, if I need a background. So is it pixel art now? -crosses fingers-

6. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

The second one looks quite a bit better than the first.

The first is just messy.

7. MandlorTheUltimate

Yeah, I had to resize and the pixels got all screwed up, I am going to make it clear

8. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

Keep it up pal!
    I love to see art in all forms, Large scale pixel art is pretty groovy beans ^_^

9. Tmonster

Tmonster Phantasmal Quasar

make me the pony rarity?
    Please :D