RELEASED Makeup (Blush & Lipstick) as Accessories (Updated!)

Discussion in 'Player' started by Jinxiewinxie, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

[​IMG]

Alternate Option keeps beard + earrings AND all colors are true-match:

[​IMG]

This mod replaces the the accessories and makes them into lipstick and blush options.
    I've created two versions for each color palette/replacer mod, one for the base face and one for the round face + skirt mod (which can be found here).

Download:

Download Here on the Nexus (just click the file name or "download manually" for whichever file you want to use. If you choose the round face version, be sure you've installed Alex_01's round face + skirt mod that I linked to above.

Installation Instructions:
    • Download the mod
    • Extract the archive
    • Go to Stardew Valley/Content/Characters/Farmer
    • Replace the accessories.xnb file with the one from the download

*You can easily create a backup of your original accessories.xnb file by renaming it to something silly. I do accessories.xnbOLD for myself.

To use:

Just start your game and click through the accessories options.

You'll notice that your mileage may vary for any lipsticks replacing accessories 2-8 because those ones are hardcoded to be shaded based on whichever hair color you choose. The other accessories, 9-20 are always true color though.

Credits:

Alex_01 for the round face and skirt mod, which can be found here: http://community.playstarbound.com/...or-female-farmer-round-face-for-males.109441/

Special thank you to Cure for suggesting making blush into an accessory and inspiring this endeavor.

Changelog:

3/28 Version 1.1
    Added a new color palette option that keeps beards and earrings. Two styles now available, one which replaces 19 accessories and one which replaces 13, both have somewhat different colors and options.

3/27 Version 1.0
    Added lots of new lipstick and blush colors and 3 options to have both at the same time.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    • cure

cure Big Damn Hero

Awesome, definitely going to check it out. Just started a new game so I've got to get my Wizard's hearts up again xD (Felt like I was cheating too much before) curious about the adding additional accessories too.. I might look into that a bit. Maybe Alpha_Omegasis's Guide has something on it or maybe pencilstab knows something? Could always go bug the people on the IRC too xD.

Edit: Well the .yaml files are identical, that would of been an easy fix :p

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
      • Jinxiewinxie

I tried to figure how to make the png longer/wider like you can with shirts.xnb and hairstyles.xnb png files to add new items but it doesn't seem to work. But I guess if someone wants blush, they don't really want glasses covering up where the blush would be anyway, so its not such a big deal to replace current accessories. Still..

cure likes this.
        • cure

cure Big Damn Hero

Yeah a lot of them like the night vision goggles or whatever are kind of.. completely ridiculous and feel a little out of place anyways xD. Should still be possible though. One thing different about accessory selection vs shirts and hairstyles is that accessory 1 = no accessory at all.. could that be messing with it maybe?

• cure

cure Big Damn Hero

Could add whiskers xD

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
            • Jinxiewinxie

You're killin' it with adorable suggestions lately! There's a pretty cute whiskers + cat ear hat available on the Kawaii Hats mod to use until I can find a nice way to add whiskers as makeup.

cure likes this.
              • cure

cure Big Damn Hero

Yeah I'm going to have to mess around with it though. Like remove the Doge hat and put the tiara back and such xD. I've seen that mod before I've just been reluctant to put in the effort of messin' with it.

• Jinxiewinxie

The doge hat is one I have issues with too! I was just thinking that this morning because I had the hat on my bar in-game and it looked out of place amongst all the other cute stuff I have going on =P

cure likes this.
                  • Rous

Rous Void-Bound Voyager

I love your mod, you could make the peach blush and lipstick red were together. We can only choose an accessory at a time. Thank you very much if possible.

• Jinxiewinxie

Absolutely! I'll work on that this afternoon ^_^

• Jinxiewinxie

Also, which base do you use? That way I can work on the one you use first. Is it the base-game face or the round face?

• Rous

Rous Void-Bound Voyager

Oh thank you so much, and now if you add more colors'll love life haha :)

• Jinxiewinxie

---

I've done both! The original post is updated with links to the files. There are now 19 different makeup options to choose from (12 lipsticks, 4 blushes and 3 combination lipstick+blushes). I also updated the images for it, for the pretties. Hurrah!

cure likes this.
                            • Rous

Rous Void-Bound Voyager

wow amazing, thank you so much love. Thanks thanks:nuruflirt:

Your mod, just say that is perfect for girls, but might please the kids do not like much.
                              If you will modify accessories 2,3,4 and 5 <- (these numbers out black lipstick all) with some beard and a mustache or glasses would be perfect for boys and girls. Thank you very much I really love it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
                              • Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

Also could you see about bringing back the earrings?

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                                • Rous

Rous Void-Bound Voyager

ohh if all together with earrings did not think haha, that would be very difficult and I guess, but it would be super cool. We'll have the most beautiful farmer thanks to Jinxiewinxie :nuruawe:

edito sorry, just try another body with pants and accessories if 2,3,4 and 5. work do not come out now black out all the colors of your mod.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
                                  • cure

cure Big Damn Hero

Well if you wanted the earrings added to the one you're using I could do that. Make the files just for you guys. Which numbers are you each using and what color earrings do you want?

You could even use your text color
                                    To show which colors you want exactly if you wanted to. Unless you were happy with the base colors.

• Jinxiewinxie

You'll notice that your mileage may vary for the lipsticks replacing accessories 2-8 because those ones are hardcoded to be shaded based on whichever hair color you choose. The other accessories, 9-20 are color matched to the the palette shown in the image above.

I think its because those ones were beards and they wanted the beard to match the hair color sort of. I'll consider adding the beards and earrings back in.

• Rous

Rous Void-Bound Voyager

• Jinxiewinxie

Hmm, I tried with the shorts mod as well but nothing I seem to do works to fix the few few accessories to stop them from being tied to the haircolor. =(