RELEASED Makeshift Multiplayer 0.3.7

A temporary solution.

1. spacechase0

spacechase0 Ketchup Robot

Train thing is a known issue, but I don't know how to fix it, although I haven't looked into it much yet.

Still haven't figured out the connection issues, but the crash should be fixed at least.

The next build either has an attempted fix it more debug info. I can't remember which.

Extract it into the mod files, like other mods. The menu displays when you load a character.

• spacechase0

spacechase0 updated Makeshift Multiplayer with a new update entry:

Hopeful bugfixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

• laryethan

laryethan Void-Bound Voyager

I'm trying to use this for local play with one other computer. when the client tries to connect to the host computer it gets No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:24644 Local play works with other games with these same computers. I have tried it with version 0.2.7 and 0.2.8

• spacechase0

Sounds like a firewall issue.

• laryethan

laryethan Void-Bound Voyager

Thats what I thought at first to but the same thing happened with the firewall disabled on both computers

• spacechase0

• platypus12

platypus12 Void-Bound Voyager

My wife and I are having a persistent crashing issue when one of us is in bed and the other tries to go to bed. It seems to start after a few in-game days. When we first got the mod (earlier today) we started playing with it right away on new save files. It ran fine for a few days then crashed consistently after unlocking the community center. We started a new game and each ran the game in single player until we unlocked the community center, then joined up. Unfortunately we still got the same problem. Every time one of us goes to bed, the game crashed when the other person tries to go to bed.

[08:45:45.117 PM] An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              at StardewValley.FarmerSprite.getAnimationFromIndex(Int32 index, FarmerSprite requester, Int32 interval, Int32 numberOfFrames, Boolean flip, Boolean secondaryArm)
              at StardewValley.FarmerSprite.setCurrentFrame(Int32 which, Int32 offset, Int32 interval, Int32 numFrames, Boolean flip, Boolean secondaryArm)
              at StardewValley.FarmerSprite.animate(Int32 whichAnimation, Int32 milliseconds)
              at StardewValley.FarmerSprite.animate(Int32 whichAnimation, GameTime time)
              at StardewValley.Farmer.MovePosition(GameTime time, Rectangle viewport, GameLocation currentLocation)
              at StardewValley.Farmer.Update(GameTime time, GameLocation location)
              at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateCharacters(GameTime time)
              at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
              at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in Z:\Projects\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 790

• Katzvielle

Katzvielle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So me and my friend were playing with your new update.
                we are using the wilderness farm
                when we go to bed the client said there is an error. i looked through the log and found that it had something to do with the bat i seen outside.
                i went outside and killed it and then i could go to sleep just fine.

i have a pic of the end of the log
                http://prntscr.com/cutr9b

i have the whole log if you need it

• spacechase0

Attempted fix for next version.

Fixed in next version.

Katzvielle likes this.
                  • spacechase0

spacechase0 updated Makeshift Multiplayer with a new update entry:

Bugfixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

• spacechase0

I've actually never tested wallpapers. I'll look into it.

"Dating" status is shared (because vanilla is weird and I haven't coded a workaround yet), but engagement/marriage isn't. I haven't tested divorce.

• SammiSweetie

SammiSweetie Orbital Explorer

Code:
                        [02:30:19.997 PM] SDV Version: 1.11
                        [02:30:19.997 PM] Validating api paths...
                        [02:30:19.997 PM] SMAPI Version: 0.40.0 1.1-3
                        [02:30:20.004 PM] Initializing SDV Assembly...
                        [02:30:20.005 PM] Injecting New SDV Version...
                        [02:30:20.005 PM] Starting SDV...
                        [02:30:20.084 PM] Patching SDV Graphics Profile...
                        [02:30:20.087 PM] LOADING MODS
                        [02:30:20.088 PM] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\StardewValleyMP\manifest.json
                        [02:30:20.398 PM] Created psconfigs directory @C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\StardewValleyMP\psconfigs
                        [02:30:20.404 PM] Loading Mod DLL...
                        [02:30:20.405 PM] LOADED MOD: Makeshift Multiplayer by spacechase0 - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Multiplayer test (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\StardewValleyMP\StardewValleyMP.dll)
                        [02:30:20.406 PM] Loading Config
                        [02:30:20.420 PM] LOADED 1 MODS
                        [02:30:20.420 PM] Initializing Console Input Thread...
                        [02:30:20.420 PM] SDV Loaded Into Memory
                        [02:30:20.421 PM] Registered command: help
                        [02:30:20.422 PM] Applying Final SDV Tweaks...
                        [02:30:20.570 PM] XNA Initialize
                        [02:30:20.574 PM] XNA LoadContent
                        [02:30:20.861 PM] Initializing Debug Assets...
                        [02:30:21.959 PM] Game Loaded
                        [02:30:21.959 PM] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
                        [02:30:39.262 PM] Saving Config file
                        [02:30:39.266 PM] Connecting to 25.1.249.78:24644
                        [02:30:39.267 PM] [] NOTE: Chat doesn't work on the connection menu.
                        [02:31:00.281 PM] Exception while connecting: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond [::ffff:25.1.249.78]:24644
                           at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
                           at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
                           at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(IPEndPoint remoteEP)
                           at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(IPAddress address, Int32 port)
                           at StardewValleyMP.Multiplayer.startClient() in C:\Users\space\Desktop\SDV-Mods\StardewValleyMP\StardewValleyMP\Multiplayer.cs:line 415
                        [02:31:00.288 PM] [] Check your log file for more details.
                        [02:31:00.285 PM] [] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond [::ffff:25.1.249.78]:24644
                        [02:31:00.282 PM] [] Exception while connecting to server:
                        [02:31:29.929 PM] Saving Config file
                        [02:31:29.936 PM] [] NOTE: Chat doesn't work on the connection menu.
                        [02:31:29.936 PM] Connecting to 25.68.255.170:24644
                        [02:31:30.938 PM] Exception while connecting: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [::ffff:25.68.255.170]:24644
                           at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
                           at StardewValleyMP.Multiplayer.startClient() in C:\Users\space\Desktop\SDV-Mods\StardewValleyMP\StardewValleyMP\Multiplayer.cs:line 415
                        [02:31:30.938 PM] [] Exception while connecting to server:
                        [02:31:30.940 PM] [] Check your log file for more details.
                        [02:31:30.938 PM] [] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [::ffff:25.68.255.170]:24644
                        [02:31:45.512 PM] Saving Config file
                        [02:31:45.516 PM] [] NOTE: Chat doesn't work on the connection menu.
                        [02:31:45.516 PM] Connecting to 25.1.249.78:24644
                        [02:32:06.521 PM] Exception while connecting: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond [::ffff:25.1.249.78]:24644
                        [02:32:06.527 PM] [] Check your log file for more details.
                        [02:32:06.524 PM] [] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond [::ffff:25.1.249.78]:24644
                        [02:32:06.521 PM] [] Exception while connecting to server:
                        [02:32:17.245 PM] Saving Config file
                        [02:32:17.251 PM] [] NOTE: Chat doesn't work on the connection menu.
                        [02:32:17.251 PM] Connecting to 25.1.249.78/2620:24644
                        [02:32:17.273 PM] Exception while connecting: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
                        Parameter name: address
                        [02:32:17.273 PM] [] Exception while connecting to server:
                        [02:32:17.273 PM] [] Check your log file for more details.
                        [02:32:17.273 PM] [] Value cannot be null.
                        Parameter name: address
                        [02:32:42.278 PM] Saving Config file
                        [02:32:42.282 PM] Connecting to 25.1.249.78:24644
                        [02:32:42.282 PM] [] NOTE: Chat doesn't work on the connection menu.
                        [02:33:03.285 PM] Exception while connecting: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond [::ffff:25.1.249.78]:24644
                        [02:33:03.288 PM] [] Check your log file for more details.
                        [02:33:03.285 PM] [] Exception while connecting to server:
                        [02:33:03.285 PM] [] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond [::ffff:25.1.249.78]:24644

For some reason, Me and my friend keep getting an error, even though me and my friend have tried everything. Please, Help.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
                        • SammiSweetie

SammiSweetie Orbital Explorer

All ports are open and we are trying to use hamachi, it hasn't been successful.

• Foxums

Foxums Scruffy Nerf-Herder

all ports open on my side, i allowed windows firewall to allow the program through, no hamachi errors

SammiSweetie likes this.
                            • kriana

kriana Big Damn Hero

This came up in a request for a Mac port. I know it's in progress, but I'm set up to compile for Mac. Would you consider letting me produce a Mac .dll for you to distribute?

• darknessxk

darknessxk Void-Bound Voyager

Hello spacechase0 there is any chance for getting the sourcecode? i want to help improving parts of code, i read some parts and changed others on the server C# part, and i think i can help a little bit with your project adding some events, and others

• LugTee

LugTee Void-Bound Voyager

• darknessxk

darknessxk Void-Bound Voyager

• DraLUSAD

DraLUSAD Giant Laser Beams

Any idea's what this error message is about: REMOVED/ADD SHOULDN'T HAPPEN

Code:
                                  [06:47:35.792 PM] ADD SHOULDN'T HAPPEN    at StardewValleyMP.States.SpecificMonitor`4.recheck(Vector2 pos)
                                     at StardewValleyMP.Packets.TerrainFeatureUpdatePacket`1.process()
                                     at StardewValleyMP.Packets.TerrainFeatureUpdatePacket`1.process(Server server, Client client)
                                     at StardewValleyMP.Server.Client.update()
                                     at StardewValleyMP.Server.update()
                                     at StardewValleyMP.Multiplayer.update()
                                     at StardewValleyMP.MultiplayerMod.onUpdate(Object sender, EventArgs args)
                                     at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                     at StardewModdingAPI.Events.GameEvents.InvokeUpdateTick()
                                     at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                     at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
                                     at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
                                     at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                                     at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                                     at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                                     at StardewModdingAPI.Program.RunGame()
                                     at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
                                     at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                                     at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                                     at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                                     at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
                                  Code:
                                  [07:15:05.100 PM] REMOVE SHOULDN'T HAPPEN    at StardewValleyMP.States.SpecificMonitor`4.recheck(Vector2 pos)
                                     at StardewValleyMP.States.SpecificMonitor`4.check()
                                     at StardewValleyMP.LocationCache.update()
                                     at StardewValleyMP.Multiplayer.update()
                                     at StardewValleyMP.MultiplayerMod.onUpdate(Object sender, EventArgs args)
                                     at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                     at StardewModdingAPI.Events.GameEvents.InvokeUpdateTick()
                                     at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                     at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
                                     at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
                                     at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                                     at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                                     at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
                                     at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                                     at StardewModdingAPI.Program.RunGame()
                                     at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
                                     at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                                     at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                                     at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                                     at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
                                  • Sun_Moon

Sun_Moon Yeah, You!

[05:13:53.022 ] SDV Version: 1.11
                                    [05:13:53.022 ] Initializing SDV Assembly...
                                    [05:13:53.022 ] Validating api paths...
                                    [05:13:53.023 ] SMAPI Version: 0.40.0 1.1
                                    [05:13:53.029 ] Injecting New SDV Version...
                                    [05:13:53.029 ] Starting SDV...
                                    [05:13:53.107 ] Patching SDV Graphics Profile...
                                    [05:13:53.111 ] LOADING MODS
                                    [05:13:53.112 ] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CJBCheatsMenu\manifest.json
                                    [05:13:53.468 ] Created psconfigs directory @C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CJBCheatsMenu\psconfigs
                                    [05:13:53.470 ] Loading Mod DLL...
                                    [05:13:53.470 ] LOADED MOD: CJB Cheats Menu by CJ Bok - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Simple in-game cheats menu! (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CJBCheatsMenu\CJBCheatsMenu.dll)
                                    [05:13:53.523 ] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CJBItemSpawner\manifest.json
                                    [05:13:53.537 ] Created psconfigs directory @C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CJBItemSpawner\psconfigs
                                    [05:13:53.538 ] Loading Mod DLL...
                                    [05:13:53.538 ] LOADED MOD: CJB Item Spawner by CJ Bok - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Simple in-game Item Spawner! (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\CJBItemSpawner\CJBItemSpawner.dll)
                                    [05:13:53.539 ] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\StardewValleyMP\manifest.json
                                    [05:13:53.556 ] Created psconfigs directory @C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\StardewValleyMP\psconfigs
                                    [05:13:53.560 ] Loading Mod DLL...
                                    [05:13:53.561 ] LOADED MOD: Makeshift Multiplayer by spacechase0 - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Multiplayer test (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\StardewValleyMP\StardewValleyMP.dll)
                                    [05:13:53.562 ] Loading Config
                                    [05:13:53.572 ] Found Manifest: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TrainerMod\manifest.json
                                    [05:13:53.592 ] Created psconfigs directory @C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TrainerMod\psconfigs
                                    [05:13:53.593 ] Loading Mod DLL...
                                    [05:13:53.594 ] LOADED MOD: Trainer Mod by Zoryn - Version StardewModdingAPI.Version | Description: Registers several commands to use. Most commands are trainer-like in that they offer forms of cheating. (@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\TrainerMod\TrainerMod.dll)
                                    [05:13:53.598 ] Registered command: types
                                    [05:13:53.599 ] Registered command: load
                                    [05:13:53.599 ] Registered command: hide
                                    [05:13:53.599 ] Registered command: exit
                                    [05:13:53.599 ] Registered command: show
                                    [05:13:53.599 ] Registered command: save
                                    [05:13:53.604 ] Registered command: stop
                                    [05:13:53.605 ] Registered command: player_setname
                                    [05:13:53.607 ] Registered command: player_setmoney
                                    [05:13:53.608 ] Registered command: player_setstamina
                                    [05:13:53.609 ] Registered command: player_setmaxstamina
                                    [05:13:53.612 ] Registered command: player_sethealth
                                    [05:13:53.613 ] Registered command: player_setmaxhealth
                                    [05:13:53.615 ] Registered command: player_setimmunity
                                    [05:13:53.616 ] Registered command: player_setlevel
                                    [05:13:53.618 ] Registered command: player_setspeed
                                    [05:13:53.619 ] Registered command: player_changecolour
                                    [05:13:53.620 ] Registered command: player_changestyle
                                    [05:13:53.622 ] Registered command: player_additem
                                    [05:13:53.625 ] Registered command: player_addmelee
                                    [05:13:53.627 ] Registered command: out_items
                                    [05:13:53.627 ] Registered command: player_addring
                                    [05:13:53.631 ] Registered command: out_melee
                                    [05:13:53.632 ] Registered command: out_rings
                                    [05:13:53.637 ] Registered command: newitem
                                    [05:13:53.637 ] Registered command: world_settime
                                    [05:13:53.640 ] Registered command: world_freezetime
                                    [05:13:53.641 ] Registered command: world_setday
                                    [05:13:53.642 ] Registered command: world_setseason
                                    [05:13:53.646 ] Registered command: world_downminelevel
                                    [05:13:53.646 ] Registered command: world_setminelevel
                                    [05:13:53.647 ] LOADED 4 MODS
                                    [05:13:53.650 ] SDV Loaded Into Memory
                                    [05:13:53.651 ] Initializing Console Input Thread...
                                    [05:13:53.652 ] Registered command: help
                                    [05:13:53.655 ] Applying Final SDV Tweaks...
                                    [05:13:53.710 ] XNA Initialize
                                    [05:13:53.714 ] XNA LoadContent
                                    [05:13:53.997 ] Initializing Debug Assets...
                                    [05:13:54.546 ] Game Loaded
                                    [05:13:54.546 ] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
                                    [05:14:13.034 ] Saving Config file
                                    [05:14:13.046 ] [] NOTE: Chat doesn't work on the connection menu.
                                    [05:14:13.046 ] Connecting to 158.69.133.29:24644
                                    [05:14:14.525 ] Exception while connecting: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005):no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused [::ffff:158.69.133.29]:24644
                                    em System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
                                    em System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
                                    em System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(IPEndPoint remoteEP)
                                    em System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(IPAddress address, Int32 port)
                                    em StardewValleyMP.Multiplayer.startClient() na C:\Users\space\Desktop\SDV-Mods\StardewValleyMP\StardewValleyMP\Multiplayer.cs:linha 415
                                    [05:14:14.525 ] [] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused [::ffff:158.69.133.29]:24644
                                    [05:14:14.525 ] [] Exception while connecting to server:
                                    [05:14:14.526 ] [] Check your log file for more details.
                                    ======================
                                    Hello I've been trying to play with my girlfriend but we did not try Hamachi, vps and nothing, I have a program that unlocks the doors and foreheads and all are open, can not connect in any game in the same port, only in multiplayer stardewvalley I can not to connect

Could you help me fix this problem?
                                    My log error