RELEASED Makeshift Multiplayer 0.3.7

A temporary solution.

1. spacechase0

spacechase0 Ketchup Robot

2. XaosWolf

XaosWolf Void-Bound Voyager

So I've recently been getting frequent crashes as a client when sleeping and looking at the SMAPI log it's trying to read from some nonexistant directories.
    First it was C:\users\Chase\StardewValley\Mods\StardewValleyMP\Multiplayer.cs (I'm assuming the Chase user is you, spacechase)
    And now updated to you latest build its trying to pull from G:\StardewValley\Mods\StardewValleyMP\Multiplayer.cs

Are these hardcoded into the mod?

Attached Files:

• spacechase0

That's not the issue. Apparently there is a shadow brute outside which the mod isn't expecting. Are you using a wilderness farm type?

• XaosWolf

I am indeed. They've been around for while and this has only become an issue the past few days so it seems somewhat random.
        Any potential workaround? Hunt the creatures maybe?

• spacechase0

Yep, that'll work. The stone golems and bats are already ignored though. It's just the shadow brutes giving problems.

• XaosWolf

Cheers. Will try that and let you know if theres any other hitch. The rest of the mod works great. =)

• MadByte

MadByte Void-Bound Voyager

yep, the mod works great, the only issue we found was that the time get's out of sync sometimes.
              The time displayed above is the same, but the client sometimes has nighttime graphics and stuff while the clock shows 10:00 in the morning.
              Another small problem is that footstep sounds of other players get played on me while they are at other parts of the map (me at the Farm, other in the Village i.e) and that some sounds for client activities are missing.

• penadan28

penadan28 Space Hobo

Yeah, when pausing the game it only pauses the current player's one so time gets out of sync

• pwz2000

pwz2000 Space Hobo

I am playing multiplayer locally. I am able to connect but the issue is the screens it doesn't show the other player moving. It's like that on both computers. We can move on our own computer, but it won't show the guest on your screen moving at all.

Does someone know how to fix this so that we can play together and see each other move in real time on our invidiual screens?

• mrboese

mrboese Phantasmal Quasar

The menu works for me now (thanks!), but if I load a game now (singleplayer, multiplayer don't matter), most of the screen turns black. OS: Linux

[​IMG]

Log: https://pastebin.com/fqz2TWzD

• Guillaume777

Guillaume777 Space Hobo

Awesome mod! Very stable, 0.3.7 never crashed on us or made us lose a saved game. However, we did notice a few bugs:

Gameplay bugs:
                      - Mills don't give sugar/flour
                      - All of us had the same Secret Santa giver and receiver. Boring!
                      - Host leaving in the middle of the night left me permanently sleeping. I had to type the unsleep command in the console to fix it
                      - Sometimes as a client, I wake up at the entrance of my home instead of my bed.
                      - During the Ice Fishing Contest (Festival of Ice), neither of us had access to a fishing rod!
                      - Monster Eradication Goals in the Adventurer's Guild don't seem to register progress when a client kills a monster.
                      - Getting hit by a train damages all players!

Display bugs:
                      - Sun doesn't rise until 5pm for clients - they spend most of the day in darkness (very bad!)
                      - Host sometimes showed up as a black square to me
                      - Sometimes, changes in clothing are not updated for other players until next day
                      - Passing out after 2AM leaves an image of the passed out character on the map for other players. Very funny!
                      - When multiple players are in the mines, they sometimes can see each others even if they are on different floors.
                      - Strange footstep sounds / walking particles when other players are in other maps.
                      - Moved buildings stay green for players at the farm until they move to another location
                      - Other players show up as fully clothed in the spa.

Quirks
                      - Horse/pet don't show up for other players
                      - Events occur independently; a player will be declared a festival contest winner but the text for other players won't reflect it
                      - Time stops when host pauses the game or sleeps.
                      - Houses are not shared. House upgrades only have an effect for the player who purchased said upgrade.
                      - Blacksmith can work on upgrading the tools of multiple players at the same time.
                      - Some berry bushes around town show up as full of berries for some players, but other players see them as empty.

Most of these bugs are only nuisances, but clients not getting any sunlight until 5pm & mills not working are both very annoying. I hope a fix is found!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
                      • Guillaume777

Guillaume777 Space Hobo

I found a really terrible bug.

When joining someone's else game, the client's cellar is overwritten by the host cellar.

Meaning I lost all my casks and age goods :(

Host didn't have the cellar built - that might be relevant to the bug.

• OfficialCluBz

OfficialCluBz Intergalactic Tourist

• mario13426

mario13426 Big Damn Hero

TLDR: Clients randomly lose connection all the time and everything is awful because of it. How can I fix this?

New issue, I'll randomly lose all my clients. They'll disconnect from the game, but will still be moving and interacting in the game world on their screen as normal, and won't see me. I won't see them. Nothing they do affects my world as host. If I sleep, I'll either move into the next day, or be stuck perminantly sleeping. In the event that I do move into the next day, even if I close out the game and have them rejoin, their character is now technically a day behind mine no matter what the date of the host world is. Date-based events won't occur for them until the following day, causing them to have to go into singleplayer and advance a day before rejoining me just to be in sync. What can I do about this almost constant disconnect?

• mario13426

mario13426 Big Damn Hero

A brand new, new issue on top of the last one. Now, when someone tries to connect, the console shows this:

[Makeshift Multiplayer] [] NOTE: Chat doesn't work on the connection menu.
                            [Makeshift Multiplayer] Waiting for connection...
                            [Makeshift Multiplayer] Got new client.
                            [Makeshift Multiplayer] Waiting for connection...

It obtains the client and immediately ignores that it got it. Eventually, my friend will actually connect, but the game will either crash upon loading, or they'll not actually be connected to the game very similarly to what happens when they DC in the last issue I posted. Anyone have ideas?

• mario13426

mario13426 Big Damn Hero

Here's what happened once the game eventually tried to load them in:
                              (All redtext)

[Makeshift Multiplayer] Exception while receiving: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
                              at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
                              at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
                              --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                              at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
                              at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadBytes(Int32 count)
                              at StardewValleyMP.Packets.ClientFarmerDataPacket.read(BinaryReader reader) in G:\StardewValley\Mods\StardewValleyMP\Packets\ClientFarmerDataPacket.cs:line 40
                              at StardewValleyMP.Packets.Packet.readFrom(Stream s) in G:\StardewValley\Mods\StardewValleyMP\Packets\Packet.cs:line 124
                              at StardewValleyMP.Server.Client.receiveAndQueue() in G:\StardewValley\Mods\StardewValleyMP\Server.cs:line 340
                              [Makeshift Multiplayer] [] Client 1 lost connection to the server.
                              [Makeshift Multiplayer] Exception while receiving: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
                              Parameter name: input
                              at System.IO.BinaryReader..ctor(Stream input, Encoding encoding, Boolean leaveOpen)
                              at System.IO.BinaryReader..ctor(Stream input)
                              at StardewValleyMP.Packets.Packet.readFrom(Stream s) in G:\StardewValley\Mods\StardewValleyMP\Packets\Packet.cs:line 69
                              at StardewValleyMP.Server.Client.receiveAndQueue() in G:\StardewValley\Mods\StardewValleyMP\Server.cs:line 340

• kilimandzharov

kilimandzharov Space Hobo

I have a problem with a Makeshift Multiplayer mode, I can't play online, me and my partner installed SMAPI and Makeshift MP, we have got hamachi.We entered hamachi IP and start the game but there is no more than black screen and loading. The console shows that game is loading but nothing happens. Thank you beforehand

• mario13426

mario13426 Big Damn Hero

Do you have the Log handy? This is an issue I've faced prior, but it could be a couple of different things.

• kilimandzharov

kilimandzharov Space Hobo

What is log?

• mario13426

mario13426 Big Damn Hero

Basically the record of what happened in the game CMD window. (The black box)